CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   So Brandon bought a new boat, and it wasn't a Judge. (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1044)

B-Faithful 09-28-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drichitt (Post 8448)
There have been over 12,000 views on that thread. Thank god it finally made it to page 2 and hopefully it will go away. I know Greg isn't going to reply on it anymore:D BTT

I bet half the views of the thread were to see if he was buying a Judge :p:D

What is a Judge anyhow :rolleyes:;)

JigStix 09-28-2010 08:53 PM

I say this out of love for a bunch of you guys I don't even know, but you guys are like a bunch of bitter ex girlfriends of Tidalfish, you claim you hate it, yet can't stop thinking or talking about it
Who gives a crap about what boat he got, but at least we didn't have to hear about Judge's over and over again for 12000 views

would you rather read about the RFA and O'Malley?

uncljohn 09-29-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JigStix (Post 8454)
I say this out of love for a bunch of you guys I don't even know, but you guys are like a bunch of bitter ex girlfriends of Tidalfish, you claim you hate it, yet can't stop thinking or talking about it
Who gives a crap about what boat he got, but at least we didn't have to hear about Judge's over and over again for 12000 views

I'm sure most people care b/c they figure whatever boat he buys was funded by TF membership dues. Just like his trips to Belize. So they feel they have some ownership. Of course, there is the small fact that Brandon has done a ton of research and has provided a lot of info for someone thinking about buying.

reds 09-29-2010 10:38 AM

That one off Marolina (Sp) has been around since the late 90's. There is more to the reason Brandi picked that make then a good hull.

Has anybody seen that make anywhere beside the original hull?

Mikie 09-29-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reds (Post 8456)
That one off Marolina (Sp) has been around since the late 90's. There is more to the reason Brandi picked that make then a good hull.

Has anybody seen that make anywhere beside the original hull?

My guess would be he's trying to make a deal with the builder - he'll build it up big time on his website for a cut out of future sales.

JigStix 09-29-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncljohn (Post 8455)
I'm sure most people care b/c they figure whatever boat he buys was funded by TF membership dues. Just like his trips to Belize. So they feel they have some ownership. Of course, there is the small fact that Brandon has done a ton of research and has provided a lot of info for someone thinking about buying.

You really think Brandon makes his living off TF membership dues???? Can you say family money???

Blakesdad 09-30-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JigStix (Post 8454)

would you rather read about the RFA and O'Malley?

I'm just trying my best to keep this board alive, with SOMETHING.

And I thought it was interesting he bucked the love affair , which everyone seems to have these days with a Judge. I don;t understand the love affair, but whatever.

As for making a living off TF, not a chance in hell. Its his passion. Family money is your answer.

5th Tuition 09-30-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakesdad (Post 8474)
I'm just trying my best to keep this board alive, with SOMETHING.

Brian; I agree as far as trying to keep the board alive. I appreciate the post and the question. At least you got two pages of responses. It gave us SOMETHING to read and ponder.
I was surprised and pleased it didn't turn into a Judge bashing. As you know I've been on a Judge a couple times and really was impressed with the ride as well as the fishing platform.
I like the 25 Maycraft cabin as well. I've been on two of them and the layout is very similar to the Judge 27.
I've never fished the Parker 25 cabin; so if there are any owners out there that want to take me as a HO, I'm available:D.
I also like the 23 Grady W/A with the 9'3" beam; but have never fished it either.
Anyway; thanks for the post; keep em comin:).
5th (Marty)

drichitt 09-30-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 8478)
I like the 25 Maycraft cabin as well. I've been on two of them and the layout is very similar to the Judge 27.

There is only 10" difference between the Maycraft 25 and Judge 27. They are very similar in layout and ride. Being retired, money was the most motivating factor causing me to go with the Maycraft. All this Judge talk, can't believe Greg hasn't showed up:confused:. His crackberry must be broken:D

JigStix 09-30-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 8478)
I was surprised and pleased it didn't turn into a Judge bashing. As you know I've been on a Judge a couple times and really was impressed with the ride as well as the fishing platform.
(Marty)

I thought this was the Judge Board, I guess that's why noone bashed them.

I actually rode on a Judge 2 days ago and was surprised. I always wanted to hate them due to the ridiculous, unwarranted love they get, but they are a nice boat. I'm a convert. I'd never buy one because I think they are overpriced, but that being said, it's quite a nice boat, but like that guy said, they are not a 27 foot boat at all. They are completely mis-labeled.

Never seem a May Craft but I constantly mistake them for Judge's out there. There are at least 2 out of Solomon's where I fish and I struck up a conversation with a guy on one (Strikezone) down there and he sure has a pretty boat too.

Either way I'll take my parker any day of the week.