CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Quest For A 40 Inch Rock (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=315)

drichitt 12-19-2009 10:43 PM

Sorry Phil, but it had to be a honest measurement. That fish was probably 40" in girth and looked for sure to be at least 40", but the picture tells the rest of the story. Now that first fish was a whale for sure. Gotta bring your best game to keep those big fish glued:D. All kidding aside, Mark and I were really pulling for you. Good fishing with both you and Mark..Don

Old No.7 12-20-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drichitt (Post 3009)
Sorry Phil, but it had to be a honest measurement. That fish was probably 40" in girth and looked for sure to be at least 40", but the picture tells the rest of the story. Now that first fish was a whale for sure. Gotta bring your best game to keep those big fish glued:D. All kidding aside, Mark and I were really pulling for you. Good fishing with both you and Mark..Don

Ha, I know you guys are. It's fun... I mean, how much fun would yesterday had been if I had already gotten a 40 along the way somewhere. Beautiful day on the water yes, but ALOT of fishing for one rock. Since I hadn't gotten a 40, made that 1 fish sooo much more memorable. Good fishing with you too. Oh, don't know if you got a call or not, but 5 minutes after i left Marks house, he called me.. Sayin, "I bet you can't guess where my camera is?" "G Mark, I'll take in your boat for $500". So I guess he ahd to undo all the bungies on one of the sides to get in and get his camera out. Good times.. goodtimes...
-Phil

Slayer 12-20-2009 01:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ouch! Looking at that measuring stick had to drive a stake right thru you. :D

Attachment 143

Old No.7 12-20-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayer (Post 3020)
Ouch! Looking at that measuring stick had to drive a stake right thru you. :D

Attachment 143

What hurt more, was that the first measurment, Don still had her lipped, and his thumb was between the fish's mouth and the end of the measuring stick, so it added about 2 inches, so at first the rock looked to be 41". then Don took his hand out of her mouth and flushed her up with the end.. That's where a few censored words were spoken by yours truely...
-Phil

crabby and son 12-20-2009 01:34 PM

Sometimes 1/4 " is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way:eek:.........Gary

5th Tuition 12-20-2009 01:48 PM

Phill; if I were you; I'd keep doing what you're doing. Keep catching 39 in fish and let everyone on the boat keep handing you rods. Let them be the "mates" while you keep bringing in fish. Sounds like a good deal to me.
I'll get you out on 5th Tuition with me next year and I promise you a 42 inch fish. I'll lip it (no NET) and get it in the boat for measuring and a picture. Just don't let baldzilla handle it; your fish will become a 39 for sure. 5th (Marty)

ReelSmith 12-20-2009 01:49 PM

Nice report Mark! Better luck next time Phil! You'll get her soon enough!

Old No.7 12-20-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 3025)
Phill; if I were you; I'd keep doing what you're doing. Keep catching 39 in fish and let everyone on the boat keep handing you rods. Let them be the "mates" while you keep bringing in fish. Sounds like a good deal to me.
I'll get you out on 5th Tuition with me next year and I promise you a 42 inch fish. I'll lip it (no NET) and get it in the boat for measuring and a picture. Just don't let baldzilla handle it; your fish will become a 39 for sure. 5th (Marty)

LOL.. agree on the keep catching 39's... And So far you're the highest bidder for next year! Promise me a 42"er!??!?!?! Wow, I've fished with Mark (mlag) numerous times and he even told me before we left the dock that," Oh we'll get your 40 today". So you say you can get my my 40 huh!? LOL I'm just glad to have some buddies to go fishin with. 39 3/4 "er or 18"er. Always a good time! :D
-Phil

Baldzilla 12-20-2009 08:10 PM

Be careful Phil, I'm not sure Marty even really has a boat...so far noone on this board has seen it! Pretty easy to promise you a 42" if you never get to fish for it :D

Marty...PS...SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

mlag 12-20-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old No.7 (Post 3041)
I've fished with Mark (mlag) numerous times and he even told me before we left the dock that," Oh we'll get your 40 today".
-Phil

I can't help it if you keep letting them get off. I've had you hooked up on big fish several times now youngin:D........................Mark