CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Baltimore Boat Show........argh (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=390)

5th Tuition 01-22-2010 09:21 PM

Spot77; Yes we were at Howards.

Shawn; if you do get a judge; please buy one like in Greg's pictures. I just love the crapper.

5th (Marty)

Spot77 01-23-2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 3661)
Spot77; Yes we were at Howards.

Shawn; if you do get a judge; please buy one like in Greg's pictures. I just love the crapper.

5th (Marty)

Now that my dad retired he practically lives at Howard's (Ok, so when he was working at Northrop he still just about lived at Howard's :D ) and my brother and I go in there all the time. We're the family that walks hunched over in there (like a lot of others I guess.) as I'm the shortest at 6'2.

Skip 01-23-2010 12:43 PM

We were caught out guard that the boat show is in the annex building - not the larger convention center.

Still fun , tough times for boat dealers right now. I wish I had taken my camera. There was a big sign - something like - affordable boat area. If you lined it up just right , the little kid's paddle boats were there :D.

B-Faithful 01-23-2010 01:05 PM

I am going back on Sunday to buy Baldzilla a MSSA hat :D

Baldzilla 01-23-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 3669)
I am going back on Sunday to buy Baldzilla a MSSA hat :D

I'll wear it with pride (not for MSSA, but because I'll wear anything that's free :) )...Skin cancer is a very serious situation and it's hard to protect so much blazing whiteness...

btmfshr 01-24-2010 11:04 AM

Did not make the trip

With all the doom and gloom about the economy I decided to stay home yesterday and not make my usual trek to Baltimore for the Boat Show. Oddly enough, I did the same thing with the Fishing Expo last weekend. I have decided to put my entire winter fishing budget into the Earliegh Heights show. I hope they are still having it.

Hockleyneck 01-24-2010 05:06 PM

I had a good time with my son. I was looking at the kayaks which are pretty cool. Ron at Tri State said they had sold some boats. That 29 Boston Whaler was sweet and just about gave me wood. Wish there were more fishing boats but still talked to some nice people.

garlien 01-24-2010 05:42 PM

Joe,

Those are the best thoguhts...Nothing really seems to be able to beat good ole Earliegh Heights...

Good people, no fuss, cold beer, oysters, good deals...good fun...

I cant wait...Its what makes Valentine's Day special !

Shawn Kimbro 01-24-2010 05:54 PM

Agree - hard to beat the Earliegh Heights show. I always buy more there than anywhere.

Spot77 01-24-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garlien (Post 3693)
Joe,

Those are the best thoguhts...Nothing really seems to be able to beat good ole Earliegh Heights...

Good people, no fuss, cold beer, oysters, good deals...good fun...

I cant wait...Its what makes Valentine's Day special !

Crap! I'd forgotten about the oysters. :D

Looking forward to the show; it was a blast last year.