CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Spot Burning - wonder how Rex feels about this? (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=490)

trapshoot 02-25-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve F (Post 4682)
Vince,
Here’s my take on selfishness, 7 or 8 years ago I took a guy fishing because he wanted to learn the Patapsco River so I told him I would take him out with me and show him a few spots. Well we fished for about 3 hours and we never even put a fish over the rail so I told him that I have a spot that not many guys know about and I would like to keep it that way. So off we went and as soon as we pulled up I seen nothing but fish on the fish finder so I just knew we were going to catch something. His first drop he pulls in a 30” the biggest he ever caught and for the next 1 ½ hours we bailed fish up to 35”. When we got back to the truck I asked him NOT to say anything about that spot because it’s a place I knew I could catch some fish if other places were not producing. Well the next week I go down to the river and went right back over there and as I was pulling up I noticed 3 boats in that area and yep you guess it, it was the guy that I had out with the week before and 2 of his buddy’s with 3 guys in each boat. Did I learn a lesson you bet I did, did that guy ever go with me again NOPE. As I said before I will try and help anyone I can and give them as much information as possible but I learn my lesion the hard way and it will not happen again.

Steve;

Here is my response. Have you gone back to that place and been able to fish again? Have you caught fish there again?

I am sorry that individual violated your trust. Definately not a friend. Or one that you would reassociate with.

I will concede the fact of the trust issue. all my point is, What does it matter!!!! I have no problem if you do not want to share a location.

I just posted my view thats all.

Vince

reeltor 02-25-2010 04:12 PM

Here's my take on Spot Burning;

There are some comments I need to make regarding Spot Burning. Wait! Before you dismiss me as obstreperous, hear me out. The following theorem may therefore be established as an eternally valid truth: The most fork-tongued ragamuffins I've ever seen reduce us to acute penury. That said, we mustn't lose sight of who the real enemy is: Spot Burning and its tendentious, irritable deputies. In essence, when a mistake is made, the smart thing to do is to admit it and reverse course. That takes real courage. The way that Spot Burning stubbornly refuses to own up to its mistakes serves only to convince me that if we briefly prescind from the main point of this letter we can focus on how I myself like to say that at the heart of the problem is Spot Burning's obliviousness to history, its moral cowardice masked in bold rhetoric, and its overwhelmingly shallow political posturing. Spot Burning never directly acknowledges such truisms but instead tries to turn them around to make it sound like I'm saying that cannibalism, wife-swapping, and the murder of infants and the elderly are acceptable behavior. I guess that version better fits its style—or should I say, "agenda"?

No matter how close it's come to making me abandon all hope, it won't be satisfied until it finds a way to overthrow western civilization through the destruction of its four pillars—family, nation, religion, and democracy. Never before have I encountered more bloatedly self-important prose than that which Spot Burning produces. It has been proven time and time again that I act based on what I think is right, not who I think is right. That's why I try always to solve the problems of priggism, despotism, economic inequality, and lack of equal opportunity. It's also why I say that a central fault line runs through each of its monographs. Specifically, my cause is to build an inclusive, nondiscriminatory movement for social and political change. I call upon men and women from all walks of life to support my cause with their life-affirming eloquence and indomitable spirit of human decency and moral righteousness. Only then will the whole world realize that Spot Burning constantly insists that it understands the difference between civilization and savagery. But it contradicts itself when it says that it can succeed without trying.

Spot Burning must have some sort of problem with reading comprehension. That's the only explanation I can come up with as to why Spot Burning accuses me of admitting that it values our perspectives. What I actually said is that while Spot Burning's thralls have been gorging themselves on the intravenous feeding tube called denial, Spot Burning has been forcing me to expend all of my wit and energy in trivial pursuits. In fact, I have said that to Spot Burning on many occasions, and I will keep on saying it until it stops trying to batten on the credulity of the ignorant. In the strictest sense, Spot Burning makes it sound like everyone with a different set of beliefs from its is going to get a one-way ticket to Hell. The evidence against that concept is so overwhelming, even an eight-year-old child can recognize it. Even so, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Of course, if Spot Burning had learned anything from history, it'd know that it's a pretty good liar most of the time. However, Spot Burning tells so many lies, it's bound to trip itself up someday. Summa summarum, Spot Burning's a social liability.

http://www.pakin.org/complaint/

5th Tuition 02-25-2010 04:20 PM

Paul; you left out Capt. George's puntuation. However, you certainly got your point across:D. Would you be available to debate the health care crisis:eek:.
5th (Marty)

reeltor 02-25-2010 04:39 PM

In all seriousness, if I find fish alone and someone asks I will tell what I know or even post a report on it. If someone puts me on the bite I keep it quiet. If I fish with someone else I keep it to myself. I want to get invited back:D If you know the patterns of the bay, keep a log, or use the TF search button it isn't hard to figure out where the fish will be.

I felt bad for Phill and JP when I posted a negative reply to the post. I was glad to see a report on those areas and was happy that JP caught a personal best fish. I have not met either but hold both in high regard. I was just shocked to see the detailed photos on an area that was so tight lipped. Yea, these spots are known in general but if I said I caught fish at BS and you tried to find it, I'm betting you would not. I still think the detailed photos should be deleted.

Peace/Out

crabby and son 02-25-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reeltor (Post 4692)
Here's my take on Spot Burning;

There are some comments I need to make regarding Spot Burning. Wait! Before you dismiss me as obstreperous, hear me out. The following theorem may therefore be established as an eternally valid truth: The most fork-tongued ragamuffins I've ever seen reduce us to acute penury. That said, we mustn't lose sight of who the real enemy is: Spot Burning and its tendentious, irritable deputies. In essence, when a mistake is made, the smart thing to do is to admit it and reverse course. That takes real courage. The way that Spot Burning stubbornly refuses to own up to its mistakes serves only to convince me that if we briefly prescind from the main point of this letter we can focus on how I myself like to say that at the heart of the problem is Spot Burning's obliviousness to history, its moral cowardice masked in bold rhetoric, and its overwhelmingly shallow political posturing. Spot Burning never directly acknowledges such truisms but instead tries to turn them around to make it sound like I'm saying that cannibalism, wife-swapping, and the murder of infants and the elderly are acceptable behavior. I guess that version better fits its style—or should I say, "agenda"?

No matter how close it's come to making me abandon all hope, it won't be satisfied until it finds a way to overthrow western civilization through the destruction of its four pillars—family, nation, religion, and democracy. Never before have I encountered more bloatedly self-important prose than that which Spot Burning produces. It has been proven time and time again that I act based on what I think is right, not who I think is right. That's why I try always to solve the problems of priggism, despotism, economic inequality, and lack of equal opportunity. It's also why I say that a central fault line runs through each of its monographs. Specifically, my cause is to build an inclusive, nondiscriminatory movement for social and political change. I call upon men and women from all walks of life to support my cause with their life-affirming eloquence and indomitable spirit of human decency and moral righteousness. Only then will the whole world realize that Spot Burning constantly insists that it understands the difference between civilization and savagery. But it contradicts itself when it says that it can succeed without trying.

Spot Burning must have some sort of problem with reading comprehension. That's the only explanation I can come up with as to why Spot Burning accuses me of admitting that it values our perspectives. What I actually said is that while Spot Burning's thralls have been gorging themselves on the intravenous feeding tube called denial, Spot Burning has been forcing me to expend all of my wit and energy in trivial pursuits. In fact, I have said that to Spot Burning on many occasions, and I will keep on saying it until it stops trying to batten on the credulity of the ignorant. In the strictest sense, Spot Burning makes it sound like everyone with a different set of beliefs from its is going to get a one-way ticket to Hell. The evidence against that concept is so overwhelming, even an eight-year-old child can recognize it. Even so, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Of course, if Spot Burning had learned anything from history, it'd know that it's a pretty good liar most of the time. However, Spot Burning tells so many lies, it's bound to trip itself up someday. Summa summarum, Spot Burning's a social liability.

http://www.pakin.org/complaint/

Paul, Got any of that " stuff" left over:rolleyes::):(:):(...........Gary

Skip 02-25-2010 05:13 PM

Jim - WTF :eek: - you sold ammo to Rex - we are all doomed.

I wish I could put a camera at that location and see exactly how many new boats fish there.
I can give exact GPS numbers - you still need the fish to be feeding and how to catch them.

It is always a fine line on how much info to give out. Post no info - you are a chest thumping bragger.
Post the location - you are a spot burner.

I always laugh when I get a dozen calls or PM's about a spot - saying don't tell anyone - it's top secret. :D

I think we all learn after a while what to post and what not to.

Info leaks out all sorts of ways. I " steal " some great structure from anchored boats using my radar interfaced with GPS. I get their numbers from a mile or two away. Once they leave - I go over and use the depthfinder to see what they were fishing.

It's almost spring - fish will be on the channel edges between # 66 and # 90 :p

Hakuna Matata 02-25-2010 06:31 PM

I have mixed emotions on the subject. I'm relatively new to fishing the Bay and I don't really have any spots of my own to give out. So, for the most part, all of the "spots" that I have were given to me. Because of this, I want to be as helpful to others as folks have been to me, without crossing the line of burning someone else's spot.

-JB

DirtyFrank 02-25-2010 06:37 PM

If the other board had a full time moderator like BassBarn and stripersonline then the no spot burn policy could be enforced. I think it's a good policy not so much because it prevents spot burning but because it helps prevent a feel good post like JPs about a personal best with a gimpy wrist and the comeback of the patapsco WWDs from taking a bad turn.

If CBAngler has a full time moderator (I am not volunteering, my employer has banned all non-business related electronic communication from firm owned devices...d'oh!) then it should have a no spot burning policy as well.

TIGHT LINES!!!

goinsfishin 02-25-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 4661)
can anyone tell me exactly where the bite is right now. I havent been fishing in about a month and dont want to search all over for fish? Thanks :)

N38 45 001, W76 25 752 - drop a 4oz trout bomb to the bottom.....all the big cows ya want.

skipperwork 02-25-2010 07:13 PM

I care because I risk my life in the winter
I care because I risk my job in the summer.
I care because I risk my marriage all year.

Baldzilla 02-25-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipperwork (Post 4719)
I care because I risk my life in the winter
I care because I risk my job in the summer.
I care because I risk my marriage all year.

That's funny I don't care who you are....but it's also funny cause it's about as true and simplistic as it gets!

GradyBaby 02-25-2010 08:04 PM

Wow I've never heard of so many cry babies before in my life. Who gives a s--- whether JP posted pics of those locations any way? Not me and I bet a few guys that fished it the next day didn't mind either. Maybe we shouldn't post any pics at all and always use a disguise for the background. What good would that do because most of the time the fish are here today and gone tomorrow. And if you don't know how to catch them then none of it matters anyway. For all of you jealous types its a shame you weren't there the day John caught his personal best because you might have caught yours. Bravo JP Bravo!!!!

old hat 02-25-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyFrank (Post 4713)
If the other board had a full time moderator like BassBarn and stripersonline then the no spot burn policy could be enforced. I think it's a good policy not so much because it prevents spot burning but because it helps prevent a feel good post like JPs about a personal best with a gimpy wrist and the comeback of the patapsco WWDs from taking a bad turn.

If CBAngler has a full time moderator (I am not volunteering, my employer has banned all non-business related electronic communication from firm owned devices...d'oh!) then it should have a no spot burning policy as well.

TIGHT LINES!!!

Totally agree. I think the bassbarns no spot burn policy works just fine. I feel bad for JP because he was excited and he should be. I agree with someone that said most fisherman are lazy and want someone else to find them fish.....I think finding the fish is the most rewarding part of fishing. Some guys on my boat that have never fished with me wonder why I am always driving over likely spots with eyes glued to the furuno......even if I don't plan on stopping.

5th Tuition 02-25-2010 09:20 PM

[QUOTE=GradyBaby;4722l and always use a disguise for the background.

For two years, I only fished the area just outside Thomas Point Light because Mark (Mlag) always took his pictures there:D.
5th (Marty)

Old No.7 02-25-2010 09:22 PM

[QUOTE=5th Tuition;4726][QUOTE=GradyBaby;4722l and always use a disguise for the background.

For two years, I only fished the area just outside Thomas Point Light because Mark (Mlag) always took his pictures there:D.
5th (Marty)[/QUOTE]

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh MARK DOESN"T WANT ANY ONE TO KNOW HE ACTUALLY CATCHES ALL THOSE FISH THERE!!!!! SPOT BURNER!!!:D

crabby and son 02-25-2010 11:07 PM

[QUOTE=Old No.7;4727]
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 4726)

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh MARK DOESN"T WANT ANY ONE TO KNOW HE ACTUALLY CATCHES ALL THOSE FISH THERE!!!!! SPOT BURNER!!!:D

Mark is dumb as a fox:D.............Gary

Wild Bill 02-26-2010 06:30 PM

May as well jump right into the most controversial topic from the other board for many years. Here are some my random thoughts on the topic.

I enjoy sharing fishing stuff with others. It is part of the fun of fishing to show, teach, and share. Sometimes you also learn some really good stuff from other fishermen. Locations, however, get tricky.

Jigging, structure fishing, plugging, casting, etc. sometimes rely on specific spots more than bait fishing or trolling. Sometimes these spots are very small.

In the case of one of the spots JP showcased lately, it is a one boat or two boat, if you work together, spot. My friend Simon has been fishing it for many years. I am not personally a big fan of fishing the Harbor but then I have the time to run south to the CBBT, VA Beach or Oregon Inlet and fish until the weather turns sour. I would rather do that. The Harbor, Morgantown or CCNPP allow guys who are still working to catch some good fish in winter without going a long way. A loud motor can definitely spook the fish in close at the other Harbor spot JP showcased. So I do not personally care about this area but understand why some were incensed.

I had a place in the Susky Flats where the hual seiners caught 90% of their fish. There are not enough fish up there anymore to warrant haul seining. This spot was out in the middle of the flats and the depth went from 3' to 6'. It also had a ditch running into it from the Northeast River for the fish to enter an escape. It was almost always good for some fish even in the middle of the summer. I took some guys there and told them to keep it quiet. They did not and first thing you know there were boats sitting on that spot every time I tried to fish it. Lesson learned.

Another example is the lumps southwest of the Mariner Ship. Now guys will say, well every one knows about those lumps. Yes, now many do, but eight to ten years ago, when we were catching monster trout on those lumps very few knew about them. There were no oyster bouys or other markers on those lumps at that time. It was very rare to see another boat there. Some guys made the mistake of posting pics of big trout there and I was in that group. There were never any landmarks but guys with boats started chartering a guide who knew the spot. Soon there was lots of traffic on those lumps and no fish.

Today I will share locations with people who share with me and will keep their mouths shut. Yes, I am a meany.

One thing I have noticed is that guys who have not put the time, effort, fuel, money, etc. into finding spots will cry that everyone should share. Those who have paid their dues are a little more wary because they have been burned multiple times.

Spot77 02-26-2010 06:32 PM

All this talk about Spot burning....is it getting hot in here? :p

I'll tell anybody that asks me where I caught fish if they really want to know.

I like finding new places personally.....but there's plenty of times where a little guidance is appreciated. I respect the time, money and wife foot rubs that experienced fishermen put in to learn great spots and if they want to keep quiet about them, that's ok with me. I'll learn eventually.

crabby and son 02-26-2010 07:02 PM

I think that sharing your fishing spots is like inviting some one to your party. If you are having a party at your house, do you invite EVERY ONE on TidalFish or just your friends. That seems like a pretty fair way to decide...........Gary

Mikie 02-26-2010 08:33 PM

Well, I remember when Dolly's Lump was a VERY good rockfish spot. Before depth finders and before the DNR decided to mark it. Point being, too much public info about productive locations destroys the resource.

hippie 02-27-2010 01:08 PM

Let me start by saying that I never catch any fish, therefore, I have no spots. If I did catch a fish somewhere I would gladly post and help some one else. Do you men really think your "secret spots" afford excellent fishing far beyond any other spots in the bay? If they were that great they would be marked (as Dollys' Lump is) and everyone would know their locations. Other than that, I have no opinion.

As for what everyone here is debating I say "who cares ?". This board is just like the "other board" where there is a bunch of guys that jump on a person when he makes a statement they don't aggree with. What happened to the theory that this board is to help other anglers and get away from all the discourse the "other board" has. Look at what you men are posting...! Far from any fishing discussion I have ever read.

Please don't forget your past, that, you once started out and admit it or not, some one helped you along the way.

Baldzilla 02-27-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippie (Post 4793)
Let me start by saying that I never catch any fish, therefore, I have no spots. If I did catch a fish somewhere I would gladly post and help some one else. Do you men really think your "secret spots" afford excellent fishing far beyond any other spots in the bay? If they were that great they would be marked (as Dollys' Lump is) and everyone would know their locations. Other than that, I have no opinion.

As for what everyone here is debating I say "who cares ?". This board is just like the "other board" where there is a bunch of guys that jump on a person when he makes a statement they don't aggree with. What happened to the theory that this board is to help other anglers and get away from all the discourse the "other board" has. Look at what you men are posting...! Far from any fishing discussion I have ever read.

Please don't forget your past, that, you once started out and admit it or not, some one helped you along the way.

I don't think anyone jumped on anyone on this board on anything...this was a question, instead of browsing one or two responses, read them all...there are some well thought out reasonings here. If you had spots, and someone burned them, I'm sure you would care. If you also read this entire thread you would read where 90% of us said "you ain't the first to be anywhere, someone's always been there before you and will be after you." Spot burning is nice for the lazy asses who don't want to or know how to look for fish not to be given a free pass. All we are doing here is voicing opinions on spot burning because it happened and became a huge thread on the other board. Read the whole thread.

Me personally, I spent 7 hours on the bay this morning, looking over spots, seeing if there were fish around, seeing where I could find bait, etc in preparation for fish coming in. I'll share that information with many. Again, READ before you post. I started this post, many others responded. NOT A DAMN ONE OF THEM BASHED JP FOR WHAT HE DID! For Gradybaby, noone whined or cried either, just asked questions and said why we no longer share exact locations on board. But I look forward to all your GPS coordinates this year of where you catch all your fish. All anyone did on this thread was voice our opinions on how we share information. But thanks for the clearing up the question I asked in the last line of my thread starting post!

Wild Bill 02-27-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldzilla (Post 4797)
I don't think anyone jumped on anyone on this board on anything...this was a question, instead of browsing one or two responses, read them all...there are some well thought out reasonings here. If you had spots, and someone burned them, I'm sure you would care. If you also read this entire thread you would read where 90% of us said "you ain't the first to be anywhere, someone's always been there before you and will be after you." Spot burning is nice for the lazy asses who don't want to or know how to look for fish not to be given a free pass. All we are doing here is voicing opinions on spot burning because it happened and became a huge thread on the other board. Read the whole thread.

Me personally, I spent 7 hours on the bay this morning, looking over spots, seeing if there were fish around, seeing where I could find bait, etc in preparation for fish coming in. I'll share that information with many. Again, READ before you post. I started this post, many others responded. NOT A DAMN ONE OF THEM BASHED JP FOR WHAT HE DID! For Gradybaby, noone whined or cried either, just asked questions and said why we no longer share exact locations on board. But I look forward to all your GPS coordinates this year of where you catch all your fish. All anyone did on this thread was voice our opinions on how we share information. But thanks for the clearing up the question I asked in the last line of my thread starting post!

Nicely stated. If you have nothing to offer, you have nothing to be cautious about. Newbie’s and guys who fish little want everything spelled out. Those who have paid their dues are a little more careful with who and what they share. There are a number on here I would tell everything, because I know they can handle it. It is everyone's individual choice how much to share and with whom. I do not post much anymore. A new wave of guys has filled in with reports and that is how it should be. Still get lots of emails with questions about a multitude of fishing stuff. I answer every reasonable request.

hippie 02-27-2010 07:52 PM

Baldzilla, I have read your starting post numerous times and can't find where you ask a question in the last line. But, do not explain because that could be viewed as helping someone understand what you are asking.

Now that I see this board has gone the route of the "other board" and that no one desires to help anyone else, well fine. I will just be a lurker and post nothing of any real value. No problem, no hostilities toward anyone.

5th Tuition 02-27-2010 08:31 PM

Hippie; That might be a little extream to quit on the new board already. When you compare the two boards, at least noone has gotten suspended from this one, even though it's the same topic. For the most part, this board has been much better than the "other" board. Lurk if you must, but looking forward to more posts from you in a few weeks when the weather breaks.
5th (Marty)

garlien 02-27-2010 08:34 PM

Agreed with Marty...Don't take offense...Most of us share decent information with all....exact GPS coordinates might not even help since somehow the fish I look for keep moving...

Haven't met ya yet but it seems we have a good thing going here...Would be a shame too lose someone so quick...Looking forward to hearing from you and even more so...Getting out myself and letting folks know how I am doing....

der Fischadler 02-27-2010 09:10 PM

One Poor Dumb Bastard's View

Fishing Reports should be all about helping the Poor Dumb Bastard (PDB). This is the individual that is trying to figure out how to catch some fish. At some point, everyone has been that PDB.
In order to really help someone, reports should contain at least a few of the following:
A picture of the fish, this motivates and identifies the target.
He now knows what to fish for.
Some general information on the location, but no pictures that shows the exact spot. Otherwise, the PDB doesn't have to figure out on his own how to find fish. This is key.
Provide what depth, temperature, or other pertinent information (e.g. bird, action, tide, time of day, etc.), this assists the PDB to locate his own fish.
He nows knows where to find fish.
Give the PDB some guidance on type of tackle use, techniques, lure type, weight and colors that worked, be generous here. This results in helping local tackle shops and makes the guy invest enough to ensure he's going to stick it out until he achieves success.
He now knows how to catch fish.
Armed with this basic information, the PDB must now go out on his own.
Eventually, the PDB will catch some nice fish and realize that he did it on his own.
He becomes self actualized.
The former PDB now posts and brags in his own fishing reports.
He becomes yet another know-it-all annoyance on several fishing forums.
But keep in mind, if someone had given the exact location to catch fish in the very beginning, he would have never become the "Rock Star" of today, he'd still be that Poor Dumb Bastard.
Mark

crabby and son 02-27-2010 09:23 PM

About time to let this one go!..........Gary

Wild Bill 02-27-2010 10:19 PM

Fish talk yoyeurs

This has been a controversial topic since the very early days of WWA and it will remain one as long as there are fishing forums. It will never be resolved completely, but it does not hurt to have guys express their views about it. My experience has been the ones who want everyone to tell all have nothing to tell themselves. It was that way 12 years ago when I first entered a fishing message boards and it is that way today.

In the early years there were threats of violence, law suit threats, name calling, bannings and much, much more. It made reading interesting for the fish talk voyeurs. I think being able to discuss the subject without anyone getting overly emotional is a huge step forward.

5th Tuition 02-27-2010 11:57 PM

Everyone (Hippie included) just hang in there a little while longer. After April, Baldzilla will become just a lurker:D.

p.s. Come on Mark, how did you do today? Post a report:rolleyes:.
5th (Marty)

Shawn Kimbro 02-28-2010 12:25 AM

If this keeps up *I'M* calling PETA on you guys. First you catch those poor spot, then smother them in a bucket before sticking a hook in their back, dipping 'em in paint, tossing them through the air and slamming them against a bridge piling hoping they'll get bit half in two by a bluefish or swallowed whole by a rockfish.... and now you're talking about burning 'em! SICKOS!

crabby and son 02-28-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Kimbro (Post 4822)
If this keeps up *I'M* calling PETA on you guys. First you catch those poor spot, then smother them in a bucket before sticking a hook in their back, dipping 'em in paint, tossing them through the air and slamming them against a bridge piling hoping they'll get bit half in two by a bluefish or swallowed whole by a rockfish.... and now you're talking about burning 'em! SICKOS!

Well THERE goes another spot that was just burned.............Gary

Old No.7 02-28-2010 11:52 AM

But that spot has all small rock. < 30" . I would know. Fished there b4 and never caught one bigger than 29.99999999999999999999, so don't worry about that spot. :D:rolleyes:

Skip 02-28-2010 01:56 PM

Sicko - now that is not right.

Twisted , demented , crazy but not sicko :D

merogers 02-28-2010 03:24 PM

I think it may be the section of the bay

I fish out of Buzz's way down south even though I live in Arlington. It seems so much less crowded down there, really is a different deal. I think that maybe since there is so much more pressure/boats around the bridge that spot buning may be a problem. Fishing down south, when we get off the water we'll tell people going out exactly where we caught fish, (or didn't). We've also gotten good tips from people as we go out also. Not as much competition makes for a lot more sharing at the ramp.