CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Roll Call - First Ever CB Angler Meeting 12/21 (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=261)

Baldzilla 12-09-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garlien (Post 2474)
A perfect choice...Good beer, good food, and sounds like a great group of guys are going to be there...The best part for me is that I can play Keno while talking about fishing over a beer....I love it !

Look forward to meeting all of you....

Mike, Glad you are gonna make it...maybe you can bring some Class to the group!

CAGE RATTLER 12-10-2009 12:36 AM

Wish i could make it to finally get to meet you all, but I work 2-10 shift.

I hate missing out on all the seminars as well .............. night work sucks!!

Rex 12-10-2009 07:07 AM

Sounds interesting. If I didn't have to be out of town, I'd show up and teach you kids how to down cheap beers. Enjoy it!

EDGEWATER 12-10-2009 09:44 AM

Looking forward to making one of these sometime. Got a 2-1/2 hour ride. Mondays are tough - Wednesdays work better.

Maybe I'll meet some of you at CBBT 12/27 - 12/30.

See ... the Parkers don't get winterized . . .

drichitt 12-10-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDGEWATER (Post 2490)
Looking forward to making one of these sometime. Got a 2-1/2 hour ride. Mondays are tough - Wednesdays work better.

Chip - 2 1/2 hours, ouch! Where do you live? Maybe you could start a local group/chapter. That way you won't have to deal with 'the owner' of this thread:D:D. This comment will probably cost me another 2 hr suspension:rolleyes:....Don

Baldzilla 12-10-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drichitt (Post 2494)
Chip - 2 1/2 hours, ouch! Where do you live? Maybe you could start a local group/chapter. That way you won't have to deal with 'the owner' of this thread:D:D. This comment will probably cost me another 2 hr suspension:rolleyes:....Don

No, as moderator I'm going ot set the example and let comments like these just die...

Chip, we welcome you to our group!

morsax 12-10-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Kimbro (Post 2461)
If my wife hasn't already made me go visit the in-laws for the holidays, I'll be there. It ain't that I like any of you assholes, I just love the wings at Batemans!

Are you going to make your wife sit it the parking lot this time? :D

Hans

morsax 12-10-2009 10:33 AM

Hope to see you all there

Hans

EDGEWATER 12-10-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drichitt (Post 2494)

Don -

I'm in PA. Spend my time on Tilghman.

Start a chapter? Hell - I don't have time to do anything else - I spend all of my time driving back and forth to the Bay. 2008 truck has 43,000 mile already - mostly trips to ES and back.

One of these days I'll meet the group. Guess right now I'll just have to settle for knowing Power Play.

Rex 12-10-2009 11:30 AM

Drichett, I am new to this site, but what your problem with the moderator? It seems that he is taking a direction and implenting a plan, which in my world, we call leadership.

I was told this site was better than Tidalfish.com because there was much less off the pansy-ass liberal crap here. Baldzilla, your efforts are not lost on those of us who understand the necessity for leadership. I recommend that you not respond to Drichettt's attempted derailments and possibly even start a new thread about the same subject to stay on task. Carry on.

Slayer 12-10-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex (Post 2507)
Drichett, I am new to this site, but what your problem with the moderator? It seems that he is taking a direction and implenting a plan, which in my world, we call leadership.

I was told this site was better than Tidalfish.com because there was much less off the pansy-ass liberal crap here. Baldzilla, your efforts are not lost on those of us who understand the necessity for leadership. I recommend that you not respond to Drichettt's attempted derailments and possibly even start a new thread about the same subject to stay on task. Carry on.

Rex, it's all in the name of fun on this board. If you don't give Baldzilla 10 lbs of crap a day, then you just didn't accomplish much. :D

drichitt 12-10-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex (Post 2507)

Rex - I personally know Mark (Baldzilla) very well and the jabbing back and forth is in fun. He is a big boy and doesn't need you to defend his honor. I would suggest that before calling someone out, you become more familiar with the site before you take aim and shoot:D...Don

Old No.7 12-10-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldzilla (Post 2469)
::NOCOMMENTSFROMTHEPEANUSGALLERY::

PS Everyone catches 40 inchers on my boat...wanna ride? :D

YEAH! But only if you promise not to throw me overboard when I miss the biggest fish of the day with the net! :eek:
-Phil
"Catchin' Hell"

Baldzilla 12-10-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old No.7 (Post 2515)
YEAH! But only if you promise not to throw me overboard when I miss the biggest fish of the day with the net! :eek:
-Phil
"Catchin' Hell"

I let Marty stay on the boat last week when he knocked our 55 incher off!!! (PS by the end of winter that fish is gonna be 66")

Ralph 12-10-2009 04:11 PM

I was going to come until I saw that mlag and drichitt were going to be there :p

Aww - what the heck..... I'm in anyway! :D

Stinkbait 12-10-2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph (Post 2526)
I was going to come until I saw that mlag and drichitt were going to be there :p

Aww - what the heck..... I'm in anyway! :D

I was gonna come 'til Ralph said he'd show up. He took my 44"er last year on Skip's boat:rolleyes:

Jim

Old No.7 12-10-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinkbait (Post 2533)
I was gonna come 'til Ralph said he'd show up. He took my 44"er last year on Skip's boat:rolleyes:

Jim

Heard through, "the grapevine" that you had ample opportunity your last trip out at a 40" rock. What happened there Jimbo?:rolleyes:
-Phil
"Catchin' Hell"

Rex 12-11-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drichitt (Post 2514)
Rex - I personally know Mark (Baldzilla) very well and the jabbing back and forth is in fun. He is a big boy and doesn't need you to defend his honor. I would suggest that before calling someone out, you become more familiar with the site before you take aim and shoot:D...Don

10-4, big guy. I'm just a stickler for order and efficiency and don't like to see the chain of command broken down. I will note in my mental file that you are the sensitive type and will proceed accordingly.

mlag 12-11-2009 12:03 PM

Hey Baldy................Rex is scaring me:o......................Mark

240 LTS 12-11-2009 12:38 PM

Is a shallow water caster, LTJer allowed in your tight troller's circle?:confused::D

A suggestion: to put a "User Name" and or real names with a face, how about name tags for the first meeting or two. I know some won't like it so blast away, I can take it.:cool:

Sounds like most of you guys already know each other.
The laid back outsiders may take a while getting to know who's who.

Jeff

garlien 12-11-2009 10:16 PM

Dont worry I have not met many of the folks here either...However, Give us all a couple of beers and a cocktail waitress and our name tags will all say Tiger Woods....

reeltor 12-11-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 240 LTS (Post 2569)
Is a shallow water caster, LTJer allowed in your tight troller's circle?:confused::D

A suggestion: to put a "User Name" and or real names with a face, how about name tags for the first meeting or two. I know some won't like it so blast away, I can take it.:cool:

Sounds like most of you guys already know each other.
The laid back outsiders may take a while getting to know who's who.

Jeff

Name tags are not a bad idea. I'll see if I have any laying around. All fishermen are welcome:)

Baldzilla 12-11-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlag (Post 2565)
Hey Baldy................Rex is scaring me:o......................Mark

Mark, you want Rex "Moderated?" I'm skeert of guns, noone will teach me how to hunt so I can't defend myself against a big burly gun toting guy like Rex :gunsdontkillpeopleRexkillspeople:

240 LTS, who you calling a troller :D

I like the Tiger Woods name tag idea that Mike had, but I doubt the group will be big enough where we will have too many to remember...you can ask over and over again and noone will care! If someone wants to bring little sticky name tags they can but I take no responsibility for what gets written on any of them...especially mine!

Rex 12-12-2009 08:13 AM

Why are people saying they're scared? I have not done or said anything remotely combative or offensive. Is this what our society has come to? Grown men crying because they were spoken to in a direct manner? I'm glad I was never shoulder-to-shoulder in a combat situation with "men" like this.

Back to the topic of this post, I hope to meet some of you at this gathering. I will try to clear my schedule to share fishing stories and enjoy a cold one. (They better have at least ONE American-made beer at this place)

Stinkbait 12-12-2009 08:51 AM

Hey Rex,
Is that a S&W 629? Looks kinda like mine 'cept I have an unfluted cylinder. I never looked at mine from that angle (in your pic), but other people have:eek:

Jim

Spot77 12-12-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinkbait (Post 2655)
Hey Rex,
Is that a S&W 629? Looks kinda like mine 'cept I have an unfluted cylinder. I never looked at mine from that angle (in your pic), but other people have:eek:

Jim

I was thinking the same thing. My brother just picked up a Smith and Wesson .500 magnum last week. Now THAT would be a muzzle to not be on the wrong side of!

Rivercat09 12-12-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spot77 (Post 2657)
I was thinking the same thing. My brother just picked up a Smith and Wesson .500 magnum last week. Now THAT would be a muzzle to not be on the wrong side of!

Spot,

I have a 500 too, but haven't mustered the guts to shoot it. Sweet piece! I hate to admit this, but I haven't fired a weapon since before trophy rock season due to me spending too much time chasing these silly fish. :( I should being the 500 up with me sometime to Cresap.

Don (ChannelCat at Md Shooters)

I should really do one of those Md Shooter shoots too, lots of great people there. But alas, I was hypnotized by the siren call that was an exposive fall rock season. :D

ReelSmith 12-12-2009 10:01 AM

I'll see you guys there!

Rivercat09 12-12-2009 11:44 AM

The 21st? The first mate and I are going to try and make it. We'll probably run a bit late. It will be nice to meet you guys in person.

Nametags with screen names would be a good idea, but I'm contemplating wearing some of my Carolina Mudcats gear which will be a dead giveaway.

http://www.gogoraleigh.com/wp-conten...04/mudcats.jpg

I should probably wear the mint condition shirt and not the well fished in hat, which probably still reeks of chicken livers, cut herring, and catfish slime. :D

http://unclebobsballparks23.tripod.c...g.w560h547.jpg

kevlar 12-13-2009 05:59 PM

I'm in. Is anyone interested in carpooling from Rockville. I'll volunteer as a designated driver

Kevin

Baldzilla 12-13-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevlar (Post 2728)
I'm in. Is anyone interested in carpooling from Rockville. I'll volunteer as a designated driver

Kevin

Kev,
Take Joe Dirt or he will find some excuse not to come, seriously!
Mark

kevlar 12-13-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldzilla (Post 2731)
Kev,
Take Joe Dirt or he will find some excuse not to come, seriously!
Mark

Since i'll drive I guess he has no excuse

JoeDirt 12-13-2009 07:54 PM

First of all, I'm a control freak and don't like to be a passenger. Second of all, I'll find an excuse not to go, even if someone offers me a ride. Third of all, I'lll be there.

5th Tuition 12-13-2009 07:57 PM

Bring your assistant!!!! 5th

garlien 12-16-2009 12:00 AM

Hey at least at the pace that Tiger is on...There will be enough waitresses for all of us !

fishlegs 12-16-2009 07:59 AM

My first post on this site. Is this gathering open to Kent Islanders?

drichitt 12-16-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishlegs (Post 2841)
My first post on this site. Is this gathering open to Kent Islanders?

Absolutely....welcome....Don

Spot77 12-17-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivercat09 (Post 2660)
Spot,

I have a 500 too, but haven't mustered the guts to shoot it. Sweet piece! I hate to admit this, but I haven't fired a weapon since before trophy rock season due to me spending too much time chasing these silly fish. :( I should being the 500 up with me sometime to Cresap.

Don (ChannelCat at Md Shooters)

I should really do one of those Md Shooter shoots too, lots of great people there. But alas, I was hypnotized by the siren call that was an exposive fall rock season. :D

Frostbite Shoot....Feb 21st!!!

Fishing sort of overtook shooting for the fall for me too....I can shoot at an indoor range during the winter....can't fish indoors (unless you have one of them fancy pilothouse boats! It gets cold on my little redneck rocket of a bass boat!)