CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   CBA Meeting at Howard's Subway (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2083)

5th Tuition 01-09-2013 05:29 PM

Thanks to all who turned out last night at Howards Subway.

Maybe we will do it again just before the season starts this spring.

Went to Tochterman's today and the Ande rods are in:D:D

I'll see you all at the Flea Markets,
5th (Marty)

Chessie27 01-09-2013 06:29 PM

Sorry I missed it but I didn't get out of work til after 6 and it's about an 1.5 hour drive. I will certainly try to make it next time if you do it again.
Jeff

bhl 01-10-2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 14791)
Thanks to all who turned out last night at Howards Subway.

Maybe we will do it again just before the season starts this spring.

Went to Tochterman's today and the Ande rods are in:D:D

I'll see you all at the Flea Markets,
5th (Marty)

Marty,
Thanks for the invite. I had a nice time and it was great to meet some of the people from CBA and see some of the tackle that is available.

Bruce

Skip 01-10-2013 11:26 AM

That was fun - thanks for taking time to organize it.

garlien 01-10-2013 12:45 PM

Bruce,

Great to meet you and catch up with others...Always a good time and great folks...

Of course I need to get Lou to talk a little more next time I see him !

:)

5th Tuition 01-11-2013 09:45 AM

I'm going to tack this onto this thread because I talked about these rods in an earlier post.

I picked up my rods from Tony Tachterman yesterday and spent the day swapping out my older rods:D. Now I have 18 rods that match. This is the first time since I began boating that this has happened. When I was on Don's boat and also on Jeff's; I noticed how good it looked to have all the rods match:eek:. I had a number of rods that needed some work (lost a gimbel or eye) so these rods will replace them. I had purchased six last year from Tony, I picked up two from Warren's when they were going out of business, and Capt John gave me three for a Christmas present:). So, I bought seven more yesterday:eek::eek:.
At $40 a rod (if you buy six or more), it hardly pays to get an old rod fixed (at least that's what I told my wife).

So if you are in the market for some new trolling rods, see Dee (Tony's wife) at the flea markets this winter.

5th (Marty)

bhl 01-12-2013 09:59 PM

Picked up 2 myself the other day. Good deal.

5th Tuition 01-12-2013 11:15 PM

Bruce, I hope you didn't pay the $50 price. I hope you "piggybacked" with someone else to get the lower price. If I had known, you could have gone in with us. We picked up a total of 15 for three guys:D
5th

Chessie27 01-13-2013 05:37 PM

Marty- I think you better get at least 10 extra!! After all, the ones you were replacing got banged up somehow, what if the same thing happens to these? :eek: As you probably noticed, I am a beleiver in "if nothing else, you need to LOOK like you know what your doing" and YOU have the fortune of actually catching fish to boot. Sweet combination if you ask me :D:D