CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How about we all introduce ourselves (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=98)

Spot77 11-21-2009 08:19 AM

Scott D. - Sales Rep for a paint company, 39 years old, 13 y.o daughter and a 9 y.o. son.

Married for almost 15 years.

I've been a freshwater fishing junkie for about 15 years now. I love all of it; ponds, lakes, rivers....anything that holds them big ugly ole' Largemouth.

We moved to Cape St Claire in 2005 and I became sort of a redneck saltwater fisherman......I run my bass boat up and down the Magothy fishing the tributaries for Stripers, White and Yellow Perch, Pickerel and the quite rare-to-the-river Largemouth. I'm just as content floating around the river or anchoring somewhere with a sandwich and beer as I am fishing.... (Seriously....what redneck puts a cd player on a 15' bass boat, fills the livewell with ice and beer and uses a golf umbrella in a rod holder as a bimini top? :D )

So if you're in the Magothy and see a little red Cajun bass boat with an 85hp Yamaha come over and say hi. Or at least laugh at me as the wake from your Parkers and Gradys tosses me around pretty good. :p

Hooked up with my old friend Garlien last year and he's gotten me to cover more water on the bay in the past two summers than I have my entire life. :rolleyes:

Now I just have to fill my saltwater tackle bag.....stuff's more expensive than the freshwater stuff I'm used to.

Tight lines,
Spot77

shilo 11-21-2009 08:15 PM

Christy Henderson here. My husband Michael and I own Buzz's Marina in Ridge, MD. Most of the names here are familiar and that's nice to see. Thanks Marty for telling me where everybody went!

swartj 11-21-2009 08:21 PM

John (Transition) I fished from Edwards Ferry to Brunswick for 12 years on a jet boat as well. Still use some of my smallmouth rods for LTJ here. Fished the bay in late 70's and switched back in 2007.

CAGE RATTLER 11-21-2009 11:49 PM

Hello all

My name is Rick and im 48 years old and im a 2nd shift (2-10) Working foreman at a printing company in woodlawn. Been in the printing business my whole life. Before going back to full time work where i am now, i had my own printing business for 4 years. Actually started my own business so i could fish and golf more but found out it was just the opposite .... lol. Never had time for anything but work.

I was married at 17 and havent been stupid enough to do it again .... yet. ;)
Although i might as well be married cause ive been with my GF Sandy, who is also my 1st mate, fishing partner & best friend, for 15 years.

Long story short ................. Im on my 3rd boat upgrade now with an 85 Sea Ray Amberjack 255 that i really love. Its just what i was looking for. With the 10 foot beam & wide open rear deck, she is very stable in rough seas with plenty of room to fish off of and with a single 2003 350 magnum MPI I/O shes still pretty easy on fuel and will cruise around 28 mph and top out at 35 mph. A decent size cabin with enclosed head with shower, sink, stove & fridge keeps it comfortable as well.

Next year i will be adding a hardtop with enclosure, windlass & more importantly, a microwave :D

My home port is Weavers marina in back river and even know its a long ride to where the big'uns are in the fall, im going farther & farther south each trip down there to learn the area.

I love chumming, LTJ & im just now learning the ropes at trolling with all the good info i get from these forums.

No name on my boat yet but i keep the VHF on Ch 68 so give me a shout some time. I'm willing to share any info i can offer while out there ......... what little that is right now ... lol.

Hopefully in the future i can share some successful reports here as well.

Gitzit 2 11-22-2009 09:48 AM

Welcome Aboard!

B-Faithful 11-23-2009 06:54 PM

Glad to see so many familiar names.

Christie, I may give you a shout about leaving my boat there for a few weeks towards the end of december.

Spot77, give me a shout if you want to fish out on the bay. Our sons are in the same grade at Cape Elementary.

Cage Rattler, I am in the printing business too. I am an account manager. Been with my company 12 years now.

get the net 11-23-2009 07:14 PM

Thanks to Greg for filling me in on the new site.

I am Billy, 23 years old, fresh out of Towson U. I had my own electronics installation company for a few years but am now in the boat detailing business with Prestige Detailing and Yacht Management.

I run a 22' Sea Pro that is absolutely decked out with fishing gear and electronics. I have had it 52 miles out of chincoteage and love fishing blue water. I run it all over the bay and have fished from NJ and MA from it as well. I also get out with my dad on his Grady.

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/a...I/IMG_0334.jpg

Me on the right, pops on the left

merogers 11-23-2009 09:47 PM

Hey there!

Mark here. 40 years old (ouch) Married for 17 years, two kids, boy 6, girl 2. Teach 5th grade in Fairfax county public schools. Started fishing the bay 5 years ago with a teaching buddy (WJZINK) and learned a lot from the other board and hoing with good fishermen over time. I don't own a boat but I've helped Wayne along the way and we keep the boat down at BUZZ'S even though it's a haul from NOVA, the fishing is just too damn good. Also fish a lot out of Breezy on another Triumph boat with my buddy Billy. I'll fish or hunt anything, any time, anywhere. Grew up fishing the Great Lakes for Salmon and Trout and central Michigan for Smallmouth, Pike, Perch, Crappie, Walleye and even Suckers when they were running in the spring. Spent a lot of time in West Africa and managed to fish and hunt there too. Now I hunt deer in Loudon county and will troll, liveline, or bottomfish wherever it's going on. Glad to find out about this board and will contribute what I know in the future. Mark. Gonna see if I can post a pic, (from the summer) If it works, it's cheesy.

merogers 11-23-2009 09:54 PM

Tryin' to figure it out

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe a pic.

aaument 11-24-2009 06:57 PM

Hey everyone,

Andy Aument, 35 married for seven years and no kids yet. I live in Falls Church, VA and fish out of Harbour Cove in Deale, MD. We have a year 2000 Trophy walk around 2002 model with a 150 Merc. Boats been in Deale for a few years now and OC, MD before that. Usually fish with my wife and dad, and whoever else tags along. We also just moved into a neighborhood with a private lake so I've been ripping the lips of LMB's all summer when the weather didn't cooperate on the bay. Saw this board referenced on another, so I thought I'd check it out. Glad to hear that the BOE folks are involved with cbangler, I've always been real impressed with their business and service.

Andy

powerplay 11-25-2009 08:55 AM

Why would anybody acknowledge that they know mark simms { BALDZILLA}. Right away you get a bad wrap.Hope you are having fun in cabo you big LOOOSER:):)

drewzim 11-25-2009 10:13 AM

Boy, bunch familiar faces here. I'm Andy Zimmer. I am estimator/project manager/VP of a mid sized commercial HVAC company. 35 years old with 2 kids(10 year old girl, 8 year old boy). Guess you could say I'm divorced (almost) but thats a long story.

Grew up fishing on dads 28' Bertram a little in the bay but mostly offshore until dad sold the boat in '94. Went to mostly bass fishing, trout fishing and hunting until I decided I wanted to move on to bigger and better things and bought my current boat (20' SeaCraft) in Feb '07. Now I mostly target stripers on LT and fly anywhere from Susky Flats to CBBT. Guess I would say my home territory is UB beween HMI and EB but trailer to wherever the fish are. Ready to start making the run to Cape Charles.

Stonewall 11-25-2009 10:54 AM

Just found this site and figured I would join in .....

Dennis K and I'm 56. Been married for 37 years (yep started early) I must be the luckiest man on earth to have a Wife that loves to fish. Actually it's something we did on one of our first dates. I was born and raised in the Baltimore area (Poly '70) and have lived in Catonsville since 1985. We have 2 children both married and on their own. They have 4 kids between them. I work locally here at Ciena Communications - you may have seen the name lately in the news related to the Nortel deal. Looks like we are going to be busier than ever, if that's possible.

I have a 33 Grady White (Baits Motel II) that is docked at Podickory Point. My first recollection of fishing the bay was with my father when I was 6. We fished Hoppers Is., Solomons and around the areas around the Bay Bridge. Now, I mostly fish from Love Point to Bloody Pt but don't mind making those longer runs if I have to. Actually, we ran all the way to Hatteras last year and spent a week fishing offshore. What a blast and I can't wait to do it again. Looks like I will be heading to OC this year. We both love to cruise and find a quiet cove to spend the weekend on the hook as much as we like to fish. (of course I always have a line in the water when we are anchored)

Unfortunately I am out of the water right now and looking forward to Spring.

Stripe Tease 11-25-2009 11:07 AM

Stripe Tease joins board after pressure from Bill Judge

1 Attachment(s)
Judge made me join;)

Hopefully this board will be a bit more fun with less bitching.

Stripe Tease is my boat, and we primarily chase Rock all around the Delmarva, usually by following the guys that I know who can catch fish. While Stripe Tease started life as a Markley, it is slowly being morphed into a Judge 46, one improvement at a time.:D

Slayer 11-25-2009 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by powerplay (Post 1609)
Why would anybody acknowledge that they know mark simms { BALDZILLA}. Right away you get a bad wrap.Hope you are having fun in cabo you big LOOOSER:):)

Can I get an Amen on that!!

Here's a picture he sent me from his last night club visit in Cabo....creepy man..

::baldzillascaresmesometimes::

Attachment 60

B-Faithful 11-26-2009 08:32 AM

Stripe tease, just a little hint... Never associate yourself with Bill Judge. The guy is nothing but trouble :D

Conjuror 11-26-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stripe Tease (Post 1614)
Judge made me join;)

Hopefully this board will be a bit more fun with less bitching.

Stripe Tease is my boat, and we primarily chase Rock all around the Delmarva, usually by following the guys that I know who can catch fish. While Stripe Tease started life as a Markley, it is slowly being morphed into a Judge 46, one improvement at a time.:D

I think we need pics of said Markley/Judge 46!!

justchillin 11-27-2009 06:12 AM

Hey Marty and Mark. Hello to all I haven't met yet on here. MY name is Alan i'm 49 years young and I run a 23' Proline with a 250 verado. Boat name is same Just Chillin I'm usually on the water whenever work and weather cooperate which hasn't been alot lately. I also have an old 16' bowrider with a 40 johnson that I use all summer when i'm out crabbing. I have 4 grown kids ranging from 29 oldest to 18 youngest and 7 onry grandkids lol. Yeah my kids followed in my footsteps and started early lol. I love getting out fishing especially when the big ones are running lately we have been taking alot of pictures and trying not to shrink them before we throw them back right Mark lol Marty told me to do it lol. Sorry all inside joke there what happens on the boat stays on the boat lol.

Ida Mae 11-27-2009 11:12 AM

Charlie Stewart Jr.....aka Ida Mae....23 ft Maycrafy pilothouse......love to fish and hunt.....anyone that knows me ...knows that.....3 kids and one bad ass wife.....she lets me do just about anything....if it werent for her....i wouldnt be me......SO BLAME HER:D:Dnice to have a new place to play here on the computer........

5th Tuition 11-27-2009 05:23 PM

Hey Charlie; glad you made it over. At least you won't have to worry about posting pic's of dead fish and dead deer on this site (at least not yet). 5th (Marty)

Baldzilla 11-27-2009 07:52 PM

Alan welcome to the board...yeah I am unhappy that 52 incher suddenly became 45" or so...but I'm glad your boat is like Vegas...I am flying back in a few hours so we'll hook up in a week or so!!!

onefishnfool 11-28-2009 07:27 AM

So this is where everybody disappeared to. Wow it's nice in here, new paint new carpet, nice job Jim.

Anyway, My name is Paul Kurchock. I am 44 years old. I am a USCG license captain. I have a wife and no kids. I have been fishing the upper/midbay since 1978. I have fished with some of you, but most here don't know me because I didn't post elsewhere because of the abuse that was un-necessarily dished out. (I wasn't up for any of that.) I was an auto tech for 22 years, retired from that went to school to get a degree in computers and now work for a federal contractor as a computer systems/network engineer.

I fish 12 months out of the year anywhere and for anything with fins, from small streams to big water. I don't know it all, but I like to learn things I don't know however useless because you never know when the knowledge will come into play. I dabble in all things boat, have recently finished a complete overhaul of my 19, now a CC outboard that used to be a I/O runabout.

If anybody is looking for a crew give me a call the wife doesn't keep me from fishing (it was part of our agreement when I proposed :D).

Paul

hippie 11-28-2009 10:26 AM

Paul, glad to see you registered! Bob

drichitt 11-28-2009 11:47 AM

Welcome aboard Captn Paul....Don

Gitzit 2 11-28-2009 07:38 PM

welcome aboard!!!!

jdimig 11-28-2009 08:30 PM

Jay Dimig 53 years old. Grown kids 20, 21, and 22. I've been married to the catch of my life for 24 years. I'm a Snap-On Distributor who works in DC and lives in Highland, MD. My wife an I have a passion for Hatteras Island where we spend about four weeks a year. We normally trailer the boat down for two of our weeks and spend our fishing time split between the beach and inshore waters. The rest of my fishing time is spent up here with you guys chasin the Rock Fish any where between Sandy Point and Point Look Out.

mark1234 11-28-2009 10:15 PM

Hey Jay,

Good to see you over here! Does this mean that we all get an invite down to Hatteras:D

Hakuna Matata 11-28-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimig (Post 1739)
Jay Dimig 53 years old. Grown kids 20, 21, and 22. I've been married to the catch of my life for 24 years. I'm a Snap-On Distributor who works in DC and lives in Highland, MD. My wife an I have a passion for Hatteras Island where we spend about four weeks a year. We normally trailer the boat down for two of our weeks and spend our fishing time split between the beach and inshore waters. The rest of my fishing time is spent up here with you guys chasin the Rock Fish any where between Sandy Point and Point Look Out.

Snap-on is good stuff, we used them when I was in the USAF, pricey, but worth it.

-JB

troutman1 12-01-2009 04:38 PM

Hello all,

Mike here, I post as troutman1 here and on the other site as well. I've been in MD since 1998 and live just south of Frederick in Ijamsville.

I have three girls. My wife Rose of 10 years and daughters Kaleigh 9, and Audrey 6.

I just purchased my first boat in August and have been learning the ropes of the bay through the generous guidance of you folks here. I've also learned quite a few of what I like to call "Rookie Boating Rules" the hard way on my own.

I have a 22' SeaHunt Triton 220 with a dark blue T-Top and yamaha 150 off the back. The boat is named Karma-G.

I struggled this year with putting keeper rock on the boat up until two weekends ago when I landed a 30, 27, and two 22s to limit out. Then last weekend we boated a 40. So the two weekends made up for about two months of trying to get a 18 incher or above on the boat. We've caught a number of other types of fish and love just getting pullage.

If you see me out there give a yell and I'll do whatever I can to help. I give away a lot of bloodworms, and leftover baits since I usually only fish one day at a time.

Mike

drichitt 12-01-2009 04:45 PM

Good to see you over here Mike. You pass right by my exit (#73 Woodbine), If you go to SP. We need to hook-up some time...Don

ericmagsamen 12-01-2009 04:57 PM

Me...

Eric's the name and I hate to say it I just turned 40, but it's just a number right!

I currently live in Churchville, MD, grew up on middle river and have been on the bay/ocean all my life. I work in IT, so I can support my Wife and 15yr old Daughter Jordan. Oh, and to put gas in my 2000 Mako 293 - JordieMag.

Great to see this board, hope it continues to be a Good Place to be. I've often thought about starting another Chesapeake forum in lieu of the constant negativity on TF.

SlowRide 12-01-2009 06:03 PM

My name is Walter 41 yrs old live in White Plains Md. Married with 3 kids 19 yr old daughter and 2 boys age 17 and 7. I make a living in the welding and fabrication industry. Enjoy fishing,hunting and hangin with my wife and kids . I own a 1976 Stamas 2332 series with 351 /888 outdrive setup. Pretty much fish the Potomac river from the Harry Nice bridge on down to Pt.Lookout.

morsax 12-02-2009 12:55 PM

Made it!

Wow--its like a scary family reunion over here! Great to see a lot of familiar faces and meet some new ones.

My name is Hans Lemke. I am married to excessively patient gal and have a 3 year old daughter (Who caught a walking catfish and a softshell turtle last week--gotta love Flordia). Originally from PA, I grew up flyfishing for trout and smallies but always loved fishing the Bay a lot more. Decided to go to school at St. Mary's so that I could be within pissing distance of saltwater. "Studied" marine biology there and now I run biology teaching labs at University of Maryland, College Park. Great job since I can pretty easily blow off days during the week to fish.

I have an 18' Starcraft CC -- blue hull, T-top. I like to fish for just about anything that I can, but my favorite fish in the bay are the blues. I am all for getting rid of these damn rock so that we can have the bluefish runs like the 80's again! :D
We usually troll in the spring and winter and LTJ the rest of the time, though I plan on trying more jigging this year. I from the BB to PLO and crab mostly in the South.
I am also frequently on my buddies CpaeCraft 22 CC Dinner Bell out of Breezy.

If anybody needs company for the CBBT this year, let me know.

Hans

MikeWood 12-02-2009 01:50 PM

Wow

12 pages of responses! I'm Mike Wood (mrmoray someplace else). I'm 39, and live in Damascus MD with my wife of 10 years, 14 year old stepson and 8 year old son.
I've fished the bay, on and off, since I was about 8 myself. When I was young, it was mostly the the Kent Island area from Bloody to Love Point, through the Chester and Eastern Bay. I remember catching nothing but bluefish in the 80s, the moratorium on rockfish, then the first half of the 90s when the rockfish returned. I got away from fishing in the late 90s as I met my wife and then eventually got married. While that was a good time for me, from what I gather, I may have missed some of the best years, in recent memory, for the rockfish. Sounds like the early 2000s were great from what I read.
Anyway, in early 2005 I got my first boat. Its a family boat...22' Searay, but I do what I can to fish on it too. I now fish mostly the upper bay, from the bridge north, but I have ventured below the bridge during spring trophy season. I had never heard of LTJing before I got my boat but have been working to learn that technique more than any other since I started fishing again. I prefer light tackle, and bait fishing on my boat is difficult, so LTJing works best for me right now. I'm not great at it, but I think I get a little bit better each year. 2009 was definitely my most successful year so far. My 8 year old, Ryan, officially became hooked on fishing this fall, especially after catching a 34" rock on light tackle....all by himself. So these days when I'm out there, he's usually standing next to me.

I've not fished with anyone on the board, yet. I'd love to HO sometime to accelerate my learning curve..mostly on LTJ, but maybe trolling as well. Trolling on my boat is difficult, but I manage.

Thanks for listening,
Mike

P.S. If anyone has any convincing arguments to help me trade in the Searay for a more fishing friendly boat, I'd love to hear them. My wife loves the boat, so we spend a great deal of time on the boat as a family, in non-fishing situations, which the Searay handles just fine...it just doesn't fish very well.

powerplay 12-02-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayer (Post 1629)
Can I get an Amen on that!!

Here's a picture he sent me from his last night club visit in Cabo....creepy man..

::baldzillascaresmesometimes::

Attachment 60

Hey mark when is your next show?????

BreezyDog 12-02-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWood (Post 1947)
P.S. If anyone has any convincing arguments to help me trade in the Searay for a more fishing friendly boat, I'd love to hear them. My wife loves the boat, so we spend a great deal of time on the boat as a family, in non-fishing situations, which the Searay handles just fine...it just doesn't fish very well.

Just get a second boat;)

Me, I got my fishing boat first. I've had it since July and my wife has been on it twice. I have almost a 100 hours on it already. And I still have 7 100 foot oak trees worth of leaves in my yard...I'm thinking the leaves will be gone in sometime in January...

B-Faithful 12-02-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWood (Post 1947)

Do you do overnighters? most fishing boats make great day cruisers and are easier to maintain.

MikeWood 12-02-2009 06:28 PM

I agree!!

We don't do overnighters, so I totally agree. But cruisers have "creature comforts" that the wife enjoys. Big swim platforms, carpeted cockpits, etc, etc. That's the hill I'm climbing......

ericmagsamen 12-02-2009 09:45 PM

I had a 19' CC that was great to fish. But, I wanted something bigger and the family wanted a bathroom, etc... But I didn't want a cruiser so that's why I went with the walk around. It sleeps 4 when the mid bunk isn't full of fishing stuff... Ok, never. But it has a head, shower, heat/ac, galley w/fridge/sink/burner & genset. So now we're all happy until I pull up to the gas dock!:eek:

thecow18 12-03-2009 02:48 PM

My name is Dung Nguyen. I am a married 37 years old with 2 daughters, age 7 and 1. I grew up in the Fairfax County, VA area most of my life and currently live in Chantilly, VA. I am a Financial Systems Analyst. I did most of my fishing on land before I bought my first boat late last year. Early fall I found that my glastron boat had a big crack in the transom so I decided to get another. Cost to fix was more then what I bought the boat for. Found a great deal on a 2000 Angler 26' CC with dual Suzuki 150 outboards. It is now parked in a slip at Calvert Marina at Solomons, MD. I am still fairly new at fishing off the boat so I have lots to learn. Had the opportunity to fish with Jerry and Don from this site and they were very helpful and taught me alot. Very nice and friendly guys. Told Don I had to drive 1 hour just so I can fish with him and his jaw dropped. Told him that was a short drive. Solomons is almost a 2 hour drive for me and I have been doing that almost all summer long.....:o......

very nice to meet everyone here.