CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   A little competition ! (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3042)

cletus9000 11-12-2015 07:27 AM

I agree simple, heaviest fish. I like the split idea if we can get enough boats.

garlien 11-12-2015 08:19 AM

I have to agree I like the split idea. We are doing this for fun, not money so if we get 10 boats I say let's split it 3 ways.

Makes it a lot more fun to talk about the day with 3 people winning while we enjoy beverages when it's all over.

Rockin' Robin 11-12-2015 08:31 AM

I like the 3-way split idea as well.
However, rather than do it by weight, why not do it by length and allow submissions by photograph? That way people don't have to kill fish if they don't want to, and we can set an end time to submit photographs and people can come to the party by boat or car and no need to bring fish.

Mako mike 11-12-2015 10:00 AM

All great ideas but we need to nail it down. All for three way split. If worried about fish being killed, how about making a minimum size limit of let's say 24". You may keep smaller fish if you like, but must be minimum of 24" to measure and only one fish per boat can be measured. I can use all the help I can get with this. Perhaps get a small committee together to meet this Saturday since it's suppose to blow and nail rules and times down.

Rockin' Robin 11-12-2015 10:06 AM

One more idea for you guys... might be good to have a backup date of sunday in case there is a small craft advisory for saturday and good weather expected sunday.

garlien 11-12-2015 12:57 PM

All great ideas, especially the backup date.

I am for length in photograph as well.

Mako mike 11-12-2015 04:18 PM

No takers on a committee?

No Ragrets 11-12-2015 04:25 PM

Why not post a pole with the options and give everyone thru Sunday to vote?

Mako mike 11-12-2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Ragrets (Post 20626)
Why not post a pole with the options and give everyone thru Sunday to vote?

I can certainly do that. Just a PITA trying to tally everything up. If I don't hear from anyone by tomorrow afternoon on getting a small committee together I will post a poll. I hope to hear from just two people..... Hint,hint...... Marty, Garlein we live close enough to each other we could nail this down in s short time if we could get together!

Chessie27 11-12-2015 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako mike (Post 20627)
I can certainly do that. Just a PITA trying to tally everything up. If I don't hear from anyone by tomorrow afternoon on getting a small committee together I will post a poll. I hope to hear from just two people..... Hint,hint...... Marty, Garlein we live close enough to each other we could nail this down in s short time if we could get together!

So it's settled, Mike, Mike, and Marty are the official committee members!! Thanks for jumping at the opportunity to serve your fellow fishermen. :p

I look forward to hearing the committee rules. It's all in good fun so no pressure. If people don't like the rules, stay home.....see, simple! :D