CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Your Christmas "Fishing" Wish List? (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1538)

Spot77 12-03-2011 11:54 AM

Your Christmas "Fishing" Wish List?

I could use a few hundred yards of braid, a nice fillet knife and maybe a few new medium action rods.

Of course gift cards are always good too for those last minute things I need to buy before my big camping and fishing trips.

What are you hoping for, boat or fishing related this year?

What are you hoping to NOT get? :eek:

Skip 12-03-2011 01:52 PM

Love to see an HDS 10 under the tree but know Santa's budget is tight so likely be some new heavy duty socks and perhaps a light action rod for Spot catching.

Blakesdad 12-03-2011 03:50 PM

This will work....:D:D:D
http://www.bangersandnash.com/wp-con...exy-ass-18.jpg

Spot77 12-03-2011 04:05 PM

Ah...you need a new surf rod. Didn'tthink you were into surf fishing.:p

Southerly 12-04-2011 05:35 AM

i'm hoping for a stcroix 6-8mxf with LH revo s. but hell - i'm not picky,...

Spot77 12-05-2011 06:12 PM

Ooohhh......and boat stuff. I can always use Yamalube and Startron. Seems I never have enough at the house when I need it.

Steve F 12-06-2011 08:04 AM

I can make your wishes come true for some nice rods, hell I can even build Brian that surf rod that he wants... Just have your wives give me a call. :D Just trying to drum up some business, things are really slow right now and last year I was scrambling to get all my orders done by Xmas

Bend-Lure 12-06-2011 10:17 AM

Santa got me a nice pair of out-rodders or rod-riggers or what ever they are called. I'd also like to see a pair of new ETEC 200s with controls under the tree.

B-Faithful 12-06-2011 10:36 AM

More time on the water!

5th Tuition 12-06-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve F (Post 11906)
I can make your wishes come true for some nice rods, hell I can even build Brian that surf rod that he wants... Just have your wives give me a call. :D Just trying to drum up some business, things are really slow right now and last year I was scrambling to get all my orders done by Xmas

Steve is no joke:D. As most of you know, to call me a jigger would be quite a stretch. HOWEVER; last year I made a couple trips to the Power Plant in early Feb. and I made a couple trips with friends jigging the False Channel. My experience at the Power Plant convinced me I needed at least one nice jigging rod to be able to take with me on jigging trips. Steve built me a 6'2" beautiful rod that I now use for almost everything:eek:. It has quickly become my favorite rod. I use it for bottom fishing, livelinning, and jigging. In fact, sometime this summer, I broke the tip and Steve made arrangements to pick up the rod from a friend, replace the tip, and get the rod back to me ASAP. He wouldn't even take compensation for replacing the tip.
Now I'm not saying this to kiss Steve's behind; I'm just commenting in case the wife or girlfriend wants to get you something for Christmas, and she doesn't know what to get. Why not tell her you want a custom rod (I had my initials put on mine). If Steve can not get it done before Christmas, he always has a table at the TriState fishing show where you can pick it up.
Most of my other rods are collecting dust. I'm amazed how versitile the rod is and how comfortable I am with fishing it.
A great present for him, or her.
5th (Marty)

5th Tuition 12-06-2011 11:37 AM

Oh, by the way, I tried out my new Christmas present yesterday. I've been wanting a new pair of binoculars for the boat. After a lot of searching, I decided on a pair of Bushnell H2O (waterproof, fogproof) 8x42 binoculars.

They were excellent for the price I paid (about 80 bucks from binoculars.com with free shipping). They are small, lightweight, and easy to focus.

I like them:D.

Now if I can just find some gannets diving:eek:.

5th (Marty)

halfmoon 12-07-2011 05:56 AM

I'm getting a new Trane heat pump :mad: and all new led lights for my trailer :D

Spot77 12-07-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halfmoon (Post 11921)
I'm getting a new Trane heat pump :mad: and all new led lights for my trailer :D

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. On a positive note, maybe the new heat pump will be a lot more efficient and you'll save a ton of money to spend on gas for your boat.

I got new LED lights for my trailer for my birthday one year.:cool:

Rivercat09 12-07-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 11884)
Love to see an HDS 10 under the tree but know Santa's budget is tight so likely be some new heavy duty socks and perhaps a light action rod for Spot catching.

Skip, You stole my thunder on the whole HDS-10 thing. I don't know if Santa will bring one, but hopefully, I will have one up and running by this coming April...

Skip 12-07-2011 04:52 PM

Don - Before you buy , touch base. Perhaps we can get a deal if two units are ordered.

Still have to get with you about windlass. Be a good winter project.

Spot77 12-08-2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 11927)
Don - Before you buy , touch base. Perhaps we can get a deal if two units are ordered.

Still have to get with you about windlass. Be a good winter project.

Be sure to give our host a shot at getting those units for y'all.:)

ste6168 12-08-2011 08:06 AM

I know I am getting an new FF/Plotter unit (either and HDS 5 or an Elite 5), not sure which one. I could always use another rod and/or reel to add to my never-ending collection.

I bought my GF a Steve F perch rod that is top notch and I am super excited to give it to her!!!

Spot77 12-08-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ste6168 (Post 11932)
I know I am getting an new FF/Plotter unit (either and HDS 5 or an Elite 5), not sure which one. I could always use another rod and/or reel to add to my never-ending collection.

I bought my GF a Steve F perch rod that is top notch and I am super excited to give it to her!!!

That is awesome! Your girl likes to fish? Lucky man.

I think that's what I want for Christmas....a girlfriend that likes to fish.

Of course.....my wife might object.....:eek:

I'll be treating myself to a Steve F rod for my birthday in March....might even get my son one of those Perch rods for his birthday too.

Steve F 12-11-2011 06:39 PM

Marty, I really appreciate the kind words and I can’t wait for you bring it that 40’er on it.

You should see the rod I built for ste6168 girlfriend; it has some bling no doubt about that.

Scott, looking forward to building that rod for ya, all you have to do is give me a call in March and I’ll get it done.

Spot77 12-28-2011 04:42 PM

So how did the Old fat Bastard treat everyone?

I got a new Medium Heavy 7' rod, some new Storm swimbaits and a couple of fishing related books......and some new fillet knives.

Oh...and the fishing version of Monopoly..."Fishopoly"..:D

My boy loves Monopoly and fishing, so we'll have a lot of fun playing together.

B-Faithful 12-28-2011 06:20 PM

I got inflatable suspenders..I guess my wife wants them to find my body if I fall overboard so she can get the insurance money..

Spot77 12-28-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 12012)
I got inflatable suspenders..I guess my wife wants them to find my body if I fall overboard so she can get the insurance money..

I wouldn't mind something like that for my spring bass tournaments.

Don't forget everyone; inflatables don't count as a pfd onboard unless you're WEARING it.