CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Christmas fishing gifts (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2441)

B-Faithful 12-23-2013 09:06 PM

Christmas fishing gifts

What did you get or did you get your boat for fishing this year? I got my Christmas present early from my wife when I bought a Furuno GP1870F to act as my back-up GPS and primary fishfinder.

drichitt 12-23-2013 09:59 PM

A couple of months in a warmer climate:D

Chessie27 12-23-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drichitt (Post 16954)

May Florida treat you well! :)

5th Tuition 12-23-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drichitt (Post 16954)

I hope you have calm winds to go along with the warm temperatures.

I expect photos of the place you are staying and plenty of fish pics:D
5th (Marty)

Chessie27 12-24-2013 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 16953)
What did you get or did you get your boat for fishing this year? I got my Christmas present early from my wife when I bought a Furuno GP1870F to act as my back-up GPS and primary fishfinder.

I may just pull the trigger on the Fujinons. I have a difficult time waiting around for something I want. My boss even calls me "Mr Now" but hey, one day, tomorrow ain't coming so I say why wait? ;)

I did tell my bride over the weekend, "there's really nothing I need for fishing next year. I still plan to hit a few of the flea markets, and I WILL be buying stuff, but the good news is it is nothing that I need." She was almost glad to hear that. :D

5th Tuition 12-24-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 16958)
I may just pull the trigger on the Fujinons. I have a difficult time waiting around for something I want. My boss even calls me "Mr Now" but hey, one day, tomorrow ain't coming so I say why wait? ;)

I did tell my bride over the weekend, "there's really nothing I need for fishing next year. I still plan to hit a few of the flea markets, and I WILL be buying stuff, but the good news is it is nothing that I need." She was almost glad to hear that. :D

I will be in Deale at the TriState flea market selling Capt. Johns spoons, spreaders, and umbrellas. Save a few bucks and see me there.
5th (Marty)

bhl 12-24-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 16953)

A sending unit for my fuel tank. But I don't think Santa will be bringing it or installing it:rolleyes:.
Everybody needs a few more chutes and bucktails. I'll be helping Gary (Spankin Striper Baits) at the Fredrick show. If you get up there stop by and say hey.

bhl (Bruce)
36 Judge HOOK 'EM

Chessie27 12-24-2013 05:03 PM

Now I know those are 2 things I definitely need so save me a few spreader bars and ole blue eyes and a little "brown sugga" from Gary. :D

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A SAFE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!! (And gets a little something fishy from Santa) :)

Tawn 12-25-2013 09:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I got a Grundens "EAT FISH" stocking cap and a knife and holster the snaps on to the suspender straps of Grunden bibs. The knife & holster are pretty cool...now I'd fit in with the Deadliest Catch boys....lol

I also got a huge Hickory Farms sausage & cheese package....which I just tried eating half of in one sitting.....

B-Faithful 12-25-2013 10:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It was added early so I have a photo of it in action from the last trip

Tawn 12-25-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 16967)
It was added early so I have a photo of it in action from the last trip

Merry Christmas Greg! With your new meter did you use your old through-hull or did you replace it as well?

B-Faithful 12-25-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawn (Post 16969)
Merry Christmas Greg! With your new meter did you use your old through-hull or did you replace it as well?

I had a transom mount p66 added with the unit to give me speed through water (I still need to calibrate that though). The p66 is the transom mount version of b60 thru-hull so they are the same. I disconnected my GSD22 garmin so my thu-hull is not being used currently. The furuno unit is a much better fish finder than my garmin (although a mark is a mark). I use my Garmin 10" screen for radar and my primary plotter. (I will say that the plotter on the Furuno is awesome too. The new Jeppsen 4d Cmap software is fantastic)

5th Tuition 12-25-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawn (Post 16966)
I got a Grundens "EAT FISH" stocking cap and a knife and holster the snaps on to the suspender straps of Grunden bibs. The knife & holster are pretty cool...now I'd fit in with the Deadliest Catch boys....lol

Cool, now if you get yanked over by one of the big rockfish while you leader it in, you can cut yourself free:D
5th

Chessie27 12-25-2013 10:06 PM

New Grundens (since I can't find my old ones) and a dock box with a fish cleaning station on top- pretty slick!

Fish Nut 12-26-2013 06:57 AM

Santa brought me a nice cleaning knife. A baklava and some Cold gear for those cold fishy days:eek:

Luv2fishcb 12-27-2013 06:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got a wooden laser etched map of the Chesapeake bay to hang in our rec room. I can use it to point out all the locations I didn't catch fish or maybe even those that I run aground and had to get out to free up the Parker.

It is beautiful and even has the etched contour lines to tell the depth in the various locations. I can now look at the bay and dream as a fall asleep in the lazy boy! :D

Steve

Chessie27 12-28-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2fishcb (Post 16979)
I got a wooden laser etched map of the Chesapeake bay to hang in our rec room. I can use it to point out all the locations I didn't catch fish or maybe even those that I run aground and had to get out to free up the Parker.

It is beautiful and even has the etched contour lines to tell the depth in the various locations. I can now look at the bay and dream as a fall asleep in the lazy boy! :D

Steve

If you're running aground that often, maybe you should hang it on the boat instead of by the lazy boy?? :eek: :D :D

Cool map!!

mark1234 12-29-2013 02:15 AM

An Avet xml. I am out in San Diego and one of the tackle shops has avet sx's for $130 and mxl for $140. So I had to add a blue one to my collection.

Luv2fishcb 12-29-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 16980)
If you're running aground that often, maybe you should hang it on the boat instead of by the lazy boy?? :eek: :D :D

Cool map!!

LOL :D

I love to fish the Honga river around the island in the shallows. Unfortunately the Parker pilot house is not the optimal boat for that BUT my skiff is not the boat to cross the bay from Solomons Island where we spend time in the summer. Never a "full force grounding" but usually just a gentle stopping. Happened 3 times last year.

Unfortunately when you are in less than 2' of water the electronics are useless.

I consider it part of the fishing experience. Makes me feel like I've gone where no man has gone before. :)

Steve

Chessie27 12-29-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2fishcb (Post 16983)
Makes me feel like I've gone where no man has gone before. :)

I sure hope you're drinking a Dos XX Equis too!! :D

That's an awesome area but does have some real skinny water.