CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Fishing plans (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=324)

B-Faithful 12-21-2009 10:50 AM

Fishing plans

1 Attachment(s)
when and where is everyone planning on fishing next. I am hopeing for a trip after Christmas out of either PLO or OCMD. I am leaning towards PLO next week and OCMD the following just due to the fact that I like fishing different places and it would give me a variety. Besides I heard the whales havent shown up yet off of OCMD :D

I have shoveled out around the boat but I still have to shovel out the boat itself :rolleyes:

JoeDirt 12-21-2009 11:00 AM

I'm thinking OCMD in about 2 weeks--or head to NC for BFT's...

B-Faithful 12-21-2009 11:12 AM

Maybe we can coordinate an OCMD trip where we can get several boats out to scout for the fish to help each other out. :)

Good luck if you go to NC. I dont have anything that can stop a big BFT unless I am able to borrow my fathers gear.. I dont think my 330 GTIs will cut it. My bet is that gear restrictions are coming to the bay, at that time I will start swaping out some of my bay stuff for offshore stuff. My son will start to be old enough for offshore trips too.

spynet000 12-21-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 3086)
Maybe we can coordinate an OCMD trip where we can get several boats out to scout for the fish to help each other out. :)

Good luck if you go to NC. I dont have anything that can stop a big BFT unless I am able to borrow my fathers gear.. I dont think my 330 GTIs will cut it. My bet is that gear restrictions are coming to the bay, at that time I will start swaping out some of my bay stuff for offshore stuff. My son will start to be old enough for offshore trips too.

they should not be hard to find

Baldzilla 12-21-2009 11:53 AM

We'll be off OC on Wednesday hopefully tearin' em up!

B-Faithful 12-21-2009 03:01 PM

mark, are you going this wed or next wed?

DirtyFrank 12-21-2009 08:42 PM

Suicide run to OC or CBBT on Mon/Tues/Wed next week, depends on the best weather day. Would like to make a few days of it but not with a 5 month old and 2 year old at home.

Be nice to have some cbanglers or TFers around in both spots as it will be my first time for each. Watching reports on oyster bay, stripersonline and bassbarn for guidance on where to go.

TIGHT LINES!!

rbschou 12-21-2009 09:16 PM

Going out on the Potomac in the AM. We shall see how it goes...

reeltor 12-22-2009 10:49 PM

Any news from the Potomac area?
Anyone able to get out next week from OC? Like to start working on the wife for a day to get out.

Hockleyneck 12-23-2009 07:12 AM

I am up for a trip next week.

alltackle 12-23-2009 09:10 AM

I am going to catch and release in front of Annapolis after Christmas as well as January.

B-Faithful 12-23-2009 10:14 AM

keith, keep me posted to how you do. Surface water temp has dropped below 40 so I figured the bite would be tough. I would rather not travel far for a bite! :)

rbschou 12-23-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reeltor (Post 3130)
Any news from the Potomac area?
Anyone able to get out next week from OC? Like to start working on the wife for a day to get out.

It was slow for me yesterday in the Potomac. Fished by the Gas Docks at Piney Point down to the St. Mary's with nothing to show for it. I think I need to go a little more south.

mburrows 12-23-2009 12:38 PM

I'm gonna try the Bay Bridge piliings next week. I dug the boat out Sunday so I'm ready to go.

reeltor 12-23-2009 03:44 PM

Good luck Mike, my boat tarp collapsed under the weight of the snow:mad: and I ain't digging it out!

spynet000 12-23-2009 04:20 PM

Caught 8 bass @ the lake this morning, 5 of them were pigs (over 4 pounds) with two over 5 pounds. Silver buddies. Some of the fish had crawdads in their mouth:confused: Really miss the bass fishin', i've been so consumed by the striped ones lately.

drewzim 12-23-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spynet000 (Post 3144)
Caught 8 bass @ the lake this morning, 5 of them were pigs (over 4 pounds) with two over 5 pounds. Silver buddies. Some of the fish had crawdads in their mouth:confused: Really miss the bass fishin', i've been so consumed by the striped ones lately.

Thats pretty cool. Keeps up its going to be ice fishing.

Planning on an OC/CBBT trip the weekend after New Years. Right now its me and Mike Robertson and Paul's on the fence. Probably make it an extended weekend. Probably looking for another if your free, let me know.

spynet000 12-23-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewzim (Post 3145)
Thats pretty cool. Keeps up its going to be ice fishing.

Planning on an OC/CBBT trip the weekend after New Years. Right now its me and Mike Robertson and Paul's on the fence. Probably make it an extended weekend. Probably looking for another if your free, let me know.

Water temp was low 40's, not even close to freezing. Just right for the pig bite though.

Thought Paul was the one who wanted to put it together:confused: He said something about Meredith giving him grief though. I'm flexible, so let Paul tell you no for sure first...Prolly be down next week eeling. gimme a shout.

justchillin 12-23-2009 07:22 PM

I'm probably done til march or april although Marty has been takling about cbbt. Maybe i'll bum a trip with one of you guys and return favor in spring. I've neverr did cbbt or ocean yet

B-Faithful 12-23-2009 07:54 PM

I got word on a close bluefin bite off OCMD (20-30 miles off). I don't have the gear but may borrow from my dad (liferaft, EPIRB and heavier tackle). Anyone interested in a buddy boat trip as I am a NJ fisherman and not familiar with the OCMD spots. I will only go if I get good reports.

Baldzilla 12-23-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 3153)
I got word on a close bluefin bite off OCMD (20-30 miles off). I don't have the gear but may borrow from my dad (liferaft, EPIRB and heavier tackle). Anyone interested in a buddy boat trip as I am a NJ fisherman and not familiar with the OCMD spots. I will only go if I get good reports.

Greg,
When you thinking of going? I heard the bluefin were rolling through, WAAAAYYY closer than 20 miles, but the water was too cold they wouldnt bite except sporadically...PM me
Mark

morsax 12-24-2009 07:34 AM

Looking to HO

Hey all:
I am looking to Ho sometime in the next few weeks. If anyone needs one, please let me know. I am up for just about anything.

Thanks
Hans

wino 12-25-2009 10:23 AM

Hook up your boats and come on down to Palm Beach, the sailfish, Wahoo, Kingfish and dolphin bite are on. sails get better every day. Met two guys from Delaware 2 days ago who never sailfished and they hooked 4 got 2 to the boat. Caught a dozen gaffer dolphins, 1 Wahoo and to many Kingfish over 20lbs to count. 81 degrees Christmas day.

B-Faithful 12-28-2009 10:14 AM

Bahh wino, I am jealous! we have week of wind and cold temps.. Post some photos to rub it in. (we need some fish pix here!)

Wed looks to be the only fishable day. I am considering a run to OCMD and meeting my brothers at the ramp there. My neighbor may buddy boat with his 23 Maycraft. Calling for 3-4 subsiding to 2.. http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/AN/650.html

If i get a decent report I may go to PLO instead...

Anyone else in?

B-Faithful 12-28-2009 11:55 PM

With the gale warning through Tuesday evening and concerns that the ocean may not be purdy, I am going to take my chances out of PLO below smith point! OCMD will have to wait until the new year! :)

Baldzilla 12-29-2009 12:24 AM

Greg, fishing a "top secret" spot in Myrtle Beach for giant Seatrout tomorrow and Saturday...wanna swing down to your old stomping grounds? Bring the Judge, if I had a boat I got some better fish we can chase!!!

rbschou 12-29-2009 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 3231)
With the gale warning through Tuesday evening and concerns that the ocean may not be purdy, I am going to take my chances out of PLO below smith point! OCMD will have to wait until the new year! :)

I'll will see ya down at PLO. I am going to go out around 10 and will be in a 17ft CC. Good luck out there.

Rob

Lone Ranger 12-29-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldzilla (Post 3232)
Greg, fishing a "top secret" spot in Myrtle Beach for giant Seatrout tomorrow and Saturday...wanna swing down to your old stomping grounds? Bring the Judge, if I had a boat I got some better fish we can chase!!!

CK. your P.M.

B-Faithful 12-29-2009 09:41 AM

mark. I wish I was in Myrtle!!! My wife was just asking to move back there (she was born there). Say hi to CCU for me :)

Rob, I will be on 68. give me a shout if you make it down south of the light house.

JoshKaptur 12-29-2009 03:14 PM

Andy and others - I'm taking a crew to OCMD or CBBT this weekend too. There's gotta be fish somewhere!

B-Faithful 12-29-2009 08:54 PM

I have gotten some less than stellar reports out of PLO but I am going to give it a whirl anyhow. I figure even a bad day fishing would be better than not fishing at all. If anyone is out of PLO and south of Smith Point, give me a shout on 68. I am sure we will be in the wheel house with the heater on waiting for a rod to go down :D

JoshKaptur 12-30-2009 04:11 PM

Unless a miracle happens with the weather, cancel my last statment... dammit.

I can't believe it's gonna be January before I see CBBT pilings this year.