CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   7' Custom Built trolling rod for sale (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1432)

Steve F 10-12-2011 06:33 AM

7' Custom Built trolling rod for sale

I have a 7’ M/H action trolling rod with a fast tip that I got stuck with. The guy order it and after I got it done he said he could not take it. :mad: It has the EVA foam handle and fore grip and the reel seat is graphite with aluminum hoods gold in color. It also has a gold gimbal. The colors over the guides are a neat looking metallic green with gold trim and you would not have any problems picking this rod out from others. It also has a striper decal on it. Marty said this would be a great way way back trolling rod for someone. I have over $150.00 in it but I would let it go for no less than $100.00. If someone is interested in it and would like to see some photos let me know and I can email them to you. Not sure how to post pic’s on this web site, not that smart.

240 LTS 10-25-2011 07:14 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Posting photos for Steve.
If it performs as well as it looks, then it should be a great rod.
I wouldn't mind having it but I rarely troll.

Steve F 10-25-2011 03:02 PM

Jeff, thanks so much for posting these photos I really appreciate it.

5th Tuition 10-25-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 240 LTS (Post 11509)
Posting photos for Steve.
If it performs as well as it looks, then it should be a great rod.
I wouldn't mind having it but I rarely troll.

Damn; it would have been a perfect rod to troll off a cruise ship:D.

I hope you had a great time.
5th

Steve F 10-25-2011 05:25 PM

Well that did not take long at all, the rod has found a home and I'll let the lucky guy tell you who he is if he wishes.

240 LTS 10-26-2011 07:10 AM

That's great!

Skip 10-26-2011 02:00 PM

I'll wait until I catch a few fish on it before letting any one know I bought it :D:D.

Can not wait to try it out - another few weeks and big fish hopefully will be here.

5th Tuition 10-26-2011 02:21 PM

Best of luck with the new rod. Are you going to use it as a wwb rod? I can almost see a 21 tony making the rod tip move (tic, tic, tic).
5th (Marty)

Skip 10-26-2011 02:36 PM

Not sure yet.

Sounds very similar to the 7 foot King Mackerel rods I use off the planers with singles. They are from Penn - Dave Workman model with little rollers. Rod was discontinued. Shame because it matches up well with a 320LD reel.

My WWB runs from a center rigger so any rod will work there.

Perfect timing as I was looking to replace at least one rod that busted during spring.

Spot77 10-26-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 11534)
Best of luck with the new rod. Are you going to use it as a wwb rod? I can almost see a 21 tony making the rod tip move (tic, tic, tic).
5th (Marty)

Way, WAY Back rod???????

Steve F 10-26-2011 04:23 PM

Now wait a minute, Skip told me he was going to use as a jigging rod. :D Looking foward to getting you the rod, I sure hope you like it. Thanks again Skip and I'll give you a call Friday to let you know if we are fishing on Saturday.

5th Tuition 10-26-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spot77 (Post 11536)
Way, WAY Back rod???????

Scott, I know you don't troll much so let me explain a way way back rod. When you troll, you set up a "spread" the night before on paper. If you are trolling 5 rods, you might have two off each gunnel and one off the roof.
You get all your lures, weights, leader line, and terminal tackle together in a single box so everything will be handy when on the water. You load everything in the boat and launch at the ramp before first light.
You then run as fast as possible to your designated trolling grounds to try to get lines in as day breaks.
As you hand your buddies rods from the cabin to place in the rodholders, you realize you only have four rods stored in the cabin. As you try to explain to your crew where the other rods is; you say "I left it way way back home in the basement".
That's a way, way, back rod:eek:.
5th (Marty)

garlien 10-26-2011 08:20 PM

Marty,

Only a "true" fisherman would have a term like Way Way Back Rod !

My wife and I both laughed at that one...

Scott and I have had a couple of those moments, but they have been "Way Way Down Rods"....

That is when you have consumed way too much for proper thought and you take off at a high rate of speed without having your rods properly stowed...

Mike

:)

Spot77 10-26-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garlien (Post 11544)
Marty,

Only a "true" fisherman would have a term like Way Way Back Rod !

My wife and I both laughed at that one...

Scott and I have had a couple of those moments, but they have been "Way Way Down Rods"....

That is when you have consumed way too much for proper thought and you take off at a high rate of speed without having your rods properly stowed...

Mike

Fortunately both of the rods I lost off of your boat have been relatively inexpensive ultralight combos.

Now the two rods I've broken on your boat.....that's a different story. :rolleyes:

Spot77 10-26-2011 08:27 PM

Oh....and fortunately we've never had any WWB beer issues. :D

garlien 10-26-2011 08:34 PM

So true...Its always worth making sure there are enough liquids on the boat in case you ever get stuck out there for a couple of days...Nothing like cold beer and fresh White Perch Sushi !