CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Something new (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=371)

B-Faithful 01-15-2010 10:15 PM

Something new

Name some type of fishing you want to do this year that you havent done in the past.

Me, I want to do a guided giant catfish trip in the spring. I have never caught one of those big cats!

hippie 01-16-2010 05:31 PM

I have always wanted to chase some Marlin, but never could afford it.

goinsfishin 01-16-2010 09:06 PM

I'm going over to the Potomac and target a Trophy Snakehead.

mdracer 01-16-2010 10:33 PM

I plan to get back into spring LM bass fishing on eastern shore ponds and lakes. Maybe visit St. Marys Lake for the first time in 20 years.

rbschou 01-17-2010 08:31 AM

I want to get into some cobia this year.

Steve F 01-17-2010 11:15 AM

Greg, let me know if you would like to go after those big cats. My buddy is getting ready to go after them very soon and last year his biggest was just over 50#.

For me I want to head South and go after a big red.

Spot77 01-17-2010 12:26 PM

I had a couple of offers to go shark fishing last year. I'm going to try real hard to make that happen this year.

Skip 01-17-2010 12:38 PM

I'd like to do an overnight shark trip out in the deep.
Been a few years since last one - always a fun time.

Francis 01-19-2010 08:38 AM

A different citation each month

I am trying for a different MD citation of certain kind of fish each month of fishing. I think this should really help me try some new things and try some new areas.

January-Rockfish (just to get it out of the way)
Febuary-Yellow or White perch
March- Blue cat
April- Possible SM bass
May-LM Bass
June- Croaker
July-Flounder, spot, or Red drum
August-the same with maybe Spanish mackeral in there
September- channel catfish maybe
October- Speck trout or LM, SM bass
November- White perch if not already done
December-Probably going to Florida this year to go bass fishing for giantws

I think this will really make me try different spots, different techinques, and use all of my skills I have learned thus far.

We will see how it goes.

Fish Nut 01-19-2010 09:06 AM

This year I would like to get after the Black Drum at Stone Rock. I would also like to make a trip down to Buzzes and fish out of ST Jerome Creak at night maybe hit the Red Drum and other less caught species in the bay.

Trying to set up a shark trip in June also.

Whish list would be a deep drop trip and a trip to catch some reef Donkeys

If anyones interested??????

Bend-Lure 01-19-2010 09:07 AM

I would like to catch a bluefin on a Jig. I have never jigged for tuna. I can't imagine what the hit feels like!

merogers 01-19-2010 08:38 PM

Cobia

Gonna try for Cobia in Destin, Fla. over spring break, and I wanna hook up with those brothers on the Charadrius for some Red Drum at night out of Buzz's.

Spot77 01-19-2010 09:21 PM

Ohhhh...I forget to mention this!

I'm mostly a freshwater fisherman and I target Largemouth the most. In July 2 good friends and I are going to Lake El Salto in Mexico for some monster Largemouth fishing.

I'm really psyched because I haven't fished anywhere other than MD and its bordering states.

:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D <- me for the entire month of July

garlien 01-19-2010 09:49 PM

I have fished saltwater my entire life...Guess mine might be easier than most..Would like to catch a LM and SM bass....Maybe a striper in fresh water...I am going to have to learn a lot from the folks here...I have been leaning on Spot77 to give me some guidance...

If I get a chance to go off shore this year I think it will be to target shark...Of course Marlin wouldn't be too bad either...

Heck come to think of it, I am easy to please...Its 2010 any fish will be a new fish !

Oh would live to see what a yellow perch looks like again too....

Rivercat09 01-20-2010 12:07 PM

I'd like to finally get around to trying for some yellow perch on the eastern Shore in the spring.

I'd like to get back out on the river with some cut bait or eels and target some trophy blue cats around the WW bridge in February until they spawn.

If I can swing it, HO'ing on one of those overnight shark trips would be a blast.

wino 01-20-2010 12:34 PM

My goal is to catch a Swordfish during the day time. I have done it at night but the new big deal down here is daytime swordfishing, also a 100lb plus Tarpon within a mile of my marina.

btmfshr 01-24-2010 11:09 AM

Same as always

My goal this year is the same as last year, to catch a Spanish Mackeral. I did not count on first my boat breaking down, then me getting sick during Spanish Mack season last year. I had an offer to join a good friend, towards the beginning of the season last year, but my wife decided I need to help my son move into his dorm room instead.

reeltor 01-24-2010 02:15 PM

I'd like to get into those Black Drum at the Stone Rock this year, catch my first Red Drum, Spanish Mac, and Walleye. Greg that Cat trip sounds like a great time...count me in.

Striper In 01-27-2010 08:32 AM

Heading up to NY to do some Ice Fishing next week 2/5-2/7.
Taking 15 Boy Scouts.. Never did it before and always wanted to!
Boys are excited.

This weekend is the Klondike Derby at Camp Rodney!

PhilK999 01-27-2010 08:52 AM

Mike have a good time with the scouts sound like fun.

Got my first Spansih Mac last year so I want to knock off a black drum from my list this year. Made the run down that way a little too late last year to get one, but did get some flounder for my effort. Paul, keep in touch and maybe we can get together to make that run.

Also want to make a run up to Northeast to visit Ele's shop up there in the spring and catch some yellow perch for the first time in years.

Striper In 01-28-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilK999 (Post 3734)
Mike have a good time with the scouts sound like fun.
Also want to make a run up to Northeast to visit Ele's shop up there in the spring and catch some yellow perch for the first time in years.

Thx Phil,

Let me know when you want to head up.. my neck of the woods, we'll go to Ele's, have some lunch and do some fishing!