CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Late Solomon's Report 4/26 (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=753)

Yu Muhf Hucka 04-28-2010 12:18 PM

Late Solomon's Report 4/26

This is my first report here. Hope it makes sense.

I fished on Monday morning out of solomon's with a couple of buddies from work. We actually headed a little north of my normal grounds (HI) to around CP and did fairly well. We picked up 11 total in about 4 hours time with the biggest being 42". Most came off heavy tandem rigs on the planers but had 1 on the wwb and a couple off boat umbrellas. Color didn't seem to matter. We kept our 3 man limit of some of the smaller ones (my favorite eating size). The weather wasn't great but it was definitely doable.

I had bait and marks all over my finder. For a minute I thought a gannet show was going to form in front of us on the western side but it never happened.

Looking forward to a couple more trolling trips and then jiggin and livelining through the summer.

B-Faithful 04-28-2010 01:08 PM

Sounds like a great day. i had a bunch of coworkers on a boat out of Solomons yesterday and they did well too.

Rex 04-28-2010 02:03 PM

1. Great F'in name!
2. Great report

Baldzilla 04-28-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex (Post 6715)
1. Great F'in name!
2. Great report

only Rex could appreciate a name like that...

Slayer 04-28-2010 03:52 PM

Nice report. I was hoping to hear of a little action in that area.

Skip 04-28-2010 06:06 PM

I think the name is cool too.

Great report - best heard of in some time.

Remedy 04-28-2010 09:31 PM

Thanks for the report. I went south from Tilghman to the nuke plant. 6 in 4 hours. slower but pretty much the same bite. largest was 40.25 and 24 lbs. most fish seemed to come from the deep gear.

reeltor 04-28-2010 09:32 PM

Thanks for the report

Nice work Tim, BIG fish!

Baldzilla 04-28-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remedy (Post 6729)
Thanks for the report. I went south from Tilghman to the nuke plant. 6 in 4 hours. slower but pretty much the same bite. largest was 40.25 and 24 lbs. most fish seemed to come from the deep gear.

WTG Tim!!!! You are getting it!!!

Yu Muhf Hucka 04-29-2010 05:16 AM

Thanks everyone. The screen name used to be my grandma's pet name for me when I was little. I think it was an old world term of endearment or something...I can still see her now sitting at the table with her hand rolled cigarette dangling from her mouth saying in her dear, raspy voice "come hear yu muhf hucka, i need you to get me some more medicine out of the ice box".. come to think of it, she never was very happy....oh well......