CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Dolphin time in the Keys (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2588)

mlag 06-08-2014 06:24 PM

Very cool. Never gonna catch one of them in the Chesapeake:cool:

Chessie27 06-08-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter (Post 17981)
We fell in love with the neighborhood we stayed in this past winter. A house across the canal went on the market. Not exactly what we wanted but the neighbors are awesome, the canal is full of life and healthy and it had a boat lift:D. It is a fixer-upper and that is all we have been doing.....fixing it up. That bull dolphin was the perfect reward for many weeks of work.

So do I need to bring my own boat or plan on going out on yours??? 😃

Hunter 06-08-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 17984)
So do I need to bring my own boat or plan on going out on yours??? 😃

Plenty of room on the Hunter....

Rivercat09 06-09-2014 10:48 AM

Don

Dag! Good move! Congratulations!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter (Post 17985)
Plenty of room on the Hunter....

Kate and I would lovbe to HO with you some time.

Don

Jalopy 06-23-2014 09:03 AM

Ditto

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 17976)
Hmmmm , I got a boat in Md - you got a boat in Fla. , think we can work something out.

That's what I'm thinking......

John

cletus9000 07-07-2014 11:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Just got back from a week in Islamorada. Rented a boat and got out at least once every day. Weather was fantastic and were able to get 4-5 offshore trips in as well as the usual reef excursions. Fishing was so-so. Got dolphin every time we fished the deep, but not in the numbers I was hoping for. All they wanted was skirted ballyhoo - nothing on lures. Finally found a nice piece of debris the last trip and pulled a fish off it and were preparing to chunk the fish up when we took our eyes off it and could not relocate. Surely would have loaded the boat. Oh well. Did manage one really nice bull in the middle of the week. Guestimate is 55 inches and 45-50 lbs. Put on quite a show, jumping 15-20 times. All in, can't complain and had fish for lunch and dinner every day!

Definitely jealous of you living down there now -- tremendous fishery.

Attachment 1388

Attachment 1389

Hunter 07-09-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cletus9000 (Post 18131)
Did manage one really nice bull in the middle of the week. Guestimate is 55 inches and 45-50 lbs. Put on quite a show, jumping 15-20 times. All in, can't complain and had fish for lunch and dinner every day!

Definitely jealous of you living down there now -- tremendous fishery.

Attachment 1388

Attachment 1389

That is one very nice fish....congrats! I am back in Md for a few weeks but my fishing buddies in Marathon tell me the dolphin bite has let up a bit. The night fishing on the reef is heating up though.