CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   CBA Fall 2017 Rockfish Challenge (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3441)

garlien 10-08-2017 11:35 AM

CBA Fall 2017 Rockfish Challenge

1 Attachment(s)
Please see below for the Challenge rules: (Form attached as well)

CBA 2017 FALL ROCKFISH TOURNAMENT

DATE: NOVEMBER 25, 2017

TIME: LINES IN NO EARLIER THAN 5:00AM

YOU MUST BE IN LINE TO CHECK IN FISH BY 2:00PM

(EARLY CHECK IN WILL BEGIN AT 1:00)

WHERE: FISHING IS ALLOWED IN THE CHESAPEAKE BAY AND TRIBUTARIES

CHECK IN: ATLANTIC MARINA BY BOAT OR CAR

THERE WILL BE A LIMIT OF ONE ROCKFISH PER BOAT AT THE CHECK IN.

PLEASE DO NOT BRING MORE THAN YOUR ONE ROCKFISH FISH TO THE CHECK IN STATION FOR MEASUREMENT.

AWARDS WILL BE PRESENTED AT ATLANTIC MARINA IMMEDIATELY AFTER CHECK IN

METHOD ALL LEGAL MEATHODS OF FISHING ARE ALLOWED

PRIZE: CASH PAY OUT FOR THE LONGEST ROCKFISH AS MEASURED BY THE CHECK IN OFFICIALS

MEASUREMENT WILL BE FROM THE TIP OF THE NOSE TO THE TIP OF THE TAIL

CASH PRIZE FOR 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD LONGEST FISH

A TIE WILL BE AWARDED TO THE FIRST ROCKFISH TO BE CHECKED IN THAT DAY.

EXAMPLE PAY OUT (60/30/10) PAY OUT BASED ON 20 BOATS: 1st PLACE = $1200.00, 2nd PLACE = $600.00, 3rd PLACE = $200.00

ENTRY FEE $100.00 PER BOAT, PLEASE MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO MIKE SCHULTE.

PAYMENT AND ENTRY FORMS: CONTACT MIKE (MAKO MIKE) VIA P.M. (PRIVATE MESSAGE) ON THE CBA WEBSITE

ALL ENTRY FEES MUST BE PAID BY 5:OO PM ON NOVEMBER 24TH.

TOURNAMENT WILL BE LIMITED TO A TOTAL OF 25 BOATS.

ALL PARTICIPANTS AND THEIR GUESTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN PERSONAL SAFETY AND THE SECURITY OF THEIR PERSONAL PROPERTY AND EXPRESSLY ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISKS TO THEIR PERSONAL SAFETY AND WELL BEING AS A RESULT OF THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THIS TOURNAMENT. IT IS A PRE-CONDITION OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CBA TOURNAMENT THAT ALL PARTICIPANTS AND GUESTS SHALL RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE CBA AND ANY SPONSERS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, PERSONAL INJURIES, WRONGFUL DEATHS AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM OR DURING PARTICIPATION OF THIS TOURNAMENT. BY ELECTING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CBA TOURNAMENT, ALL PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO, AND GRANT THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND SHALL NOT BE PERMITTED TO WITHDRAW OR DISAVOW THAT RELEASE OF LIABILITY.

BOAT NAME __________________________________________________ _________

NAME OF CAPTAIN __________________________________________________ ___

CELL PHONE # ___________________________________________

AMOUNT PAID $_________________

PLEASE SIGN BELOW INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL OF THE CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THE ABOVE ENTRY FORM.

SIGNATURE __________________________________________________ ___________

Spot77 10-10-2017 10:27 AM

Can we keep a running tally in this thread of the boats entered?

It would be nice to know ahead of time how much money Marty is going to win. :rolleyes:

5th Tuition 10-10-2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spot77 (Post 22762)

It would be nice to know ahead of time how much money Marty is going to win. :rolleyes:

I can't win this year. I had "Lucky Jay" with me when I won two years ago. Last year "Lucky Jay" struck out on his own and won it:eek: This year, he is once again captaining his own boat, so we all have to set our sites on knocking him down a peg or two:D
I may be able to get my hands on a new strain of "swine flu/bird flu" mixture from my old Health Department Lab friends to infect him with prior to the tournament:eek::eek:

Jason (Rockin Robin) has been stacking up on spot all summer to use in the tournament, but I think an "otter" might break into his "spot pen" a few days prior to Thanksgiving (what better time to "liberate" his bait:):)

I screwed with Mako Mikes 2cycle oil pump last year on one of his motors, but it waited until after the tournament to actually run poorly. I have to come up with something else this year:D

So wait, I just may have a chance this year. Anyone want to slide Lou off my boat and onto theirs:eek::eek:

But seriously, I hope the weather is a little more accommodating this year and everyone catches a big fish; a half inch smaller than mine:):)
5th (Marty)

Chessie27 10-11-2017 08:49 AM

Once again the JUSTIFIED will be partaking in this event. Not sure that I will be able to repeat the stellar performances of year's past but I certainly can't do ANY worse!!:cool:

If it's a blow out tide, I KNOW I won't win as Marty will wait until 1:05 to pick me up. :eek: But, meant only in the true spirit of competition, I hope we kick y'all's butts!!! :D

Mako mike 10-11-2017 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spot77 (Post 22762)

Plan on it as soon as someone is entered

No Ragrets 10-11-2017 10:03 AM

No Ragrets will be in it again. I never tournament well so maybe we will enter the "who can waste the most fuel" calcutta. If there is a blow out tide we will at least stop and get Margaret off the Justified. I am sure she will be excited to get a break.

Mako mike 10-11-2017 06:34 PM

I have entry forms and rules if anyone needs a copy. I will start a new thread showing what boats have entered as soon as I get entries back. We have the letter from DNR for the tournament so all is legit before I get bombarded as to wether or not it is! Anyone needing a form please contact me here or by pm. I also dropped some copies off to marty so he has them as well.

Spot77 10-13-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako mike (Post 22771)
I have entry forms and rules if anyone needs a copy. I will start a new thread showing what boats have entered as soon as I get entries back. We have the letter from DNR for the tournament so all is legit before I get bombarded as to wether or not it is! Anyone needing a form please contact me here or by pm. I also dropped some copies off to marty so he has them as well.

The "other" Mike attached a copy to his initial post in this thread so it should be super simple for people to get er' done one way or another.

I believe it was decided at the captain's meeting to open the tournament up to everyone (even non CBA members) but still limiting to 25 boats, correct? I can advertise in a few other places if we want more entries at some point.

Mako mike 10-13-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spot77 (Post 22774)
The "other" Mike attached a copy to his initial post in this thread so it should be super simple for people to get er' done one way or another.

I believe it was decided at the captain's meeting to open the tournament up to everyone (even non CBA members) but still limiting to 25 boats, correct? I can advertise in a few other places if we want more entries at some point.

It's open to anyone

Chessie27 10-13-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spot77 (Post 22774)

I would suggest waiting until closer to the day to make sure any CBA people get to sign up. Maybe like a week or 2 out??