CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What is this? (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3493)

Sailfeesh 01-08-2018 03:52 PM

What is this?

3 Attachment(s)
Found this little guy floating among the chunks of ice on the Bodkin. Belly looks like a suction cup. Not sure what it is. :confused: I was thinking juvenile catfish, but he has no whiskers. Snakehead? :eek:
Any thoughts?

Chessie27 01-08-2018 08:33 PM

I don’t know, we don’t have those kinds of cooties here on the Eastern Shore! :D

Mako mike 01-09-2018 09:22 AM

Juvinile oyster toad?

Spot77 01-09-2018 11:51 AM

Could be a Skilletfish:

https://www.chesapeakebay.net/S=0/fi...er/skilletfish

Gypsy Danger 01-09-2018 02:26 PM

Dude pour gasoline in the water, light the match and run!

Sailfeesh 01-12-2018 06:56 AM

We have a winner!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 23019)
I don’t know, we don’t have those kinds of cooties here on the Eastern Shore! :D

Cooties!? you're so imature :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako mike (Post 23023)
Juvinile oyster toad?

That's what I thought at first, but the mouth was wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spot77 (Post 23026)

BINGO !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy Danger (Post 23030)
Dude pour gasoline in the water, light the match and run!

Lolo, the MDE and EPA will be in contact :eek:

Definitely a Skilletfish, never heard of them before. Thanks Spot77 :D:D

Spot77 01-12-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailfeesh (Post 23047)
Cooties!? you're so imature :rolleyes:

That's what I thought at first, but the mouth was wrong.

BINGO !!

Lolo, the MDE and EPA will be in contact :eek:

Definitely a Skilletfish, never heard of them before. Thanks Spot77 :D:D

Glad I could help. Only reason I thought of it was we once had some wash up on a beach that I was responsible for a few years ago and I was determined to figure it out back then. Hadn't seen once since until this thread!

5th Tuition 01-12-2018 07:23 PM

Scott: I think you should have "won" something. Maybe a free slip from Jay:eek:

Of course, not much good to you now that you live on the "other" side:D

5th

Chessie27 01-13-2018 06:43 AM

Jesus Marty, you are soooo behind the times. WE ALL win a free slip from jay....just for participating!!! Don’t you know nothing about current events? If Spot gets something I don’t, it’s just not fair! It doesn’t matter that he is smarter/stronger/faster/etc. than me. It could push me over the edge and send me on a downward spiral. I think I might needs months in therapy just for writing this post. It’s soooo upsetting.

PS- Jay, I’d like the slip out on the end that I usually use for the tourney but please build finger piers on BOTH sides and move the cleaning station closer so I don’t have to carry the 22” Fish I catch ALL the way down the dock.
:D:D

5th Tuition 01-13-2018 09:11 AM

So Jeff;
I don't think Jay has enough "free" slips available for everyone who participated:mad:

I did talk to him, and he's comfortable building a "safe space" down at the marina. It would have complimentary Perrier water, a misting machine for those hot global warming days, a yoga spot to destress after catching, killing, and cleaning your Rockfish (C/R will be promoted this year), and finally, a new electric outlet specifically for those who drive their Tesla cars to their slips (Pickup Trucks will now have to park on the far end of the property and carry all their fishing coolers and gear for a quarter mile).

The State of Maryland is providing him a Grant to facilitate all the "improvements", so it won't cost Jay any money to make the changes :D

5th

P.S. If you show up wearing a "man bun", you have slip preference this year :)