CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Judge 22 Lite Tackle Edition (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=849)

Billj 06-02-2010 08:19 PM

Judge 22 Lite Tackle Edition

Pictures coming soon. Looks like we will be able to build with a 140 hp Suzuki for about 25k. Pull up cleats, pop-up bow light, 6 rod holders, small console.

A true value package.

What do you think?

Bill

Spot77 06-02-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billj (Post 7313)
Pictures coming soon. Looks like we will be able to build with a 140 hp Suzuki for about 25k. Pull up cleats, pop-up bow light, 6 rod holders, small console.

A true value package.

What do you think?

Bill

That sounds like my dream bay boat. :D

It falls in a reasonable budget, has a decent size to it, and has just enough power to move comfortably without sucking too much gas.

Have a few "wife friendly" option available and I think you'll have a hit.

(I say that because my wife won't even let me look at fishing boats unless there's some comforts available that she insists upon having.)

Billj 06-03-2010 06:57 AM

Wives, she's just making the price go up.:o

Spot77 06-03-2010 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billj (Post 7323)
Wives, she's just making the price go up.:o

I know, but an extra grand or two on a boat is still much cheaper than getting rid of HER. :rolleyes:

boondoggle 06-03-2010 07:32 AM

What's different from the current 22? Aside from the 150 to make it a value package? I'm genuinely interested and not poking you in the eye.

B-Faithful 06-03-2010 01:25 PM

It is a functional boat without all the unnecessary stuff that can get in the way fly fishing or light tackle fishing and the stuff that drives up the cost of the boat. It has a smaller console (like that of the cockpit station in his 36'ers) to maximize deck space, no tabs, or washdown either. The boat is standard without seating but leaning post can be had for around $800 or other seat options are available too. Boat will still be made of all wood free products, poly tank, etc and of the the newer Judge 22 mold with the wide reverse chines. It also has light tackle/fly fishing necessary things like pop-up cleats and lights so there is nothing for lines to be hung up on. She will scoot along well with the 140 too.

Bill is building the first one right now for himself unless someone buys it...

B-Faithful 06-11-2010 07:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Bills boat is done and in the water...

I still would rather his 36 in the background but it is a nice functional boat :p

She rolls 37.9mph (33knots) at WOT with the 140 zuke. She sips fuel!

JigStix 06-11-2010 09:42 PM

Bill makes a fine boat, and please do not take this the wrong way but THAT is $25-30K????
That seems like way to high a price point for very little boat. I saw Parkers at the boat show in that size range, with a few more frills for WAY less. The 27 Chesapeake seems to be semi-reasonably priced but for a boat that size I can't see choosing a Judge at that price when there are comparable boats for much less.

I was hoping Bill would make a boat in the neighborhood of 17 feet, but if the price point is going to be that high it may not be worth his time. Again, please do not take this the wrong way, just some food for thought.

Billj 06-12-2010 08:32 AM

I think you need to re-check your prices.;)

Anyway, we have sold 3 as of Friday.:)

Bill

reds 06-12-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JigStix (Post 7482)
Bill makes a fine boat, and please do not take this the wrong way but THAT is $25-30K????
That seems like way to high a price point for very little boat. I saw Parkers at the boat show in that size range, with a few more frills for WAY less. The 27 Chesapeake seems to be semi-reasonably priced but for a boat that size I can't see choosing a Judge at that price when there are comparable boats for much less.

I was hoping Bill would make a boat in the neighborhood of 17 feet, but if the price point is going to be that high it may not be worth his time. Again, please do not take this the wrong way, just some food for thought.

I seriously doubt new 21 Parkers are bringing less then the Judge boats, of the same size. I'd guess the 2010 21' Parkers are selling in the upper 30's with a 150hp motor.

Edit: I did some checking and the Parkers are in the upper 30's but with some add on's.

I don't own either type but have owned a Parker, which I bought new. My advice, buy the Judge, the Parkers are over priced and the service stinks.