CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Wow I smell!! (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2854)

Chessie27 04-11-2015 06:31 PM

Wow I smell!!

We were rolling with the SRRKC crew today. Short version- got skunked!!

Longer version- trolled from TPL to BPL to 85A. Had a few marks deep in main channel and some in shallow water but VERY few marks all day. Stumbled across only 1 bait ball. No fish, no definite knockdowns, but good crew and nice to be on the boat fishing after a seemingly endless winter. No Ragrats, 5th Tuition, and my lovely bride and I at least ate well and had some laughs. 1st visit to Mike's North was very successful as well. FishNut and his bride even stopped in for a quick visit! :)

Hats off to Ronnie and Skip who caught today!!! If things don't pick up, I'm going golfing next weekend. (And I HATE golf!!) :eek:

No Ragrets 04-11-2015 08:00 PM

Jeff, had a great time today. Hopefully the smell will wash off by Saturday! We probably should have followed one of those Parkers around, lol.
It was nice to meet 5th and hopefully we will be able to do it again sometime.

bhl 04-11-2015 08:33 PM

Jeff,
Very tough conditions today cold water and cold front, not the best day to be out. It has got to break soon. Between you and your crew today there was a bunch of talent to get it done. Hope you all had fun.

mlag 04-12-2015 04:02 PM

Hey Jeff..............you don't smell as bad as the 5th. He's sitting on a double skunk:eek:

5th Tuition 04-12-2015 08:38 PM

It was hard to concentrate on fishing. Margaret sets a great spread. We had steamed shrimp, beef and turkey rolls, beer, donuts, and Twizzlers.

I had to keep prying myself out of that comfortable cabin to check lines for jellies and trash. Between the stories being told and the food, I almost forgot we were fishing. It felt more like sitting at Mikes North, drinking, and eating; oh that's right, we did that too:D

On my boat, you never forget you're fishing. On Jeff's boat, it's more like a condo on the water.

Thanks for a great day, under less than favorable conditions:eek:
5th

Skip 04-13-2015 08:57 AM

It was tough fishing - then the wind made it worse.

We lucked into a pocket of fish / bait for about 40 minutes - all three hits were in that short time period.

After that - nothing at all.

Same you missed raft up - we had good time even though the stripper pole could not be set up due to wind gusts.

mark1234 04-13-2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 19645)
Margaret sets a great spread. We had steamed shrimp, beef and turkey rolls, beer, donuts, and Twizzlers.
5th

Wow, I've been fishing on the wrong boat. With that spread, I can see why it was hard to concentrate on fishing.

5th Tuition 04-13-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 19648)
Same you missed raft up - we had good time even though the stripper pole could not be set up due to wind gusts.

The LAST thing I needed to see was you on a stripper pole; glad we went to Mike's North instead:D
5th

Skip 04-13-2015 02:50 PM

Not me - my boat caught fish. We make the skunkers do a few spins on the pole.:D

Chessie27 04-13-2015 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 19651)
Not me - my boat caught fish. We make the skunkers do a few spins on the pole.:D

Now I'm glad we missed the raft up; Marty on a stripper pole can NOT be good!!:eek: