CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   You dont need to go to PLO (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2042)

B-Faithful 12-03-2012 06:59 PM

You dont need to go to PLO

3 Attachment(s)
Dad came down with a buddy to fish with me and my son. 17 Fish boated out of Solomons today. A number of missed bites too. Most fish were ~37" and had a couple of fish fish. Largest 38lbs+! All but one came on planer rods. Bite got hot once the sun was up.

Chessie27 12-03-2012 08:49 PM

SWEET job!!! This is when having a trailer would really be handy. I was thinking about heading down that way but not sure if it will happen. I'm thinking your report isn't making the decision to blow it off any easier either.

Congrats on putting your dad on a nice class of fish!

Proline Fisher 12-03-2012 09:54 PM

Nice job, thanks for posting. I was thinking about calling out of work today or tomorrow to head down to Solomons but decided against it. After reading your report, I am kicking my self.

B-Faithful 12-04-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 14476)
SWEET job!!! This is when having a trailer and a strap would really be handy. I was thinking about heading down that way but not sure if it will happen. I'm thinking your report isn't making the decision to blow it off any easier either.

Congrats on putting your dad on a nice class of fish!

Fixed it for ya! :D

Bite is even further North than Solomons now..It would be a nice run for ya! :)

5th Tuition 12-04-2012 09:12 AM

I don't know about the financial ramifacations; but it appears not having a strap on the trailer of his 27 directly led to his now having a 36. Looks to me like it was the proverbial "when life gives you lemons; make lemonade":D.

5th (Marty)

Spot77 12-04-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 14480)
I don't know about the financial ramifacations; but it appears not having a strap on the trailer of his 27 directly led to his now having a 36. Looks to me like it was the proverbial "when life gives you lemons; make lemonade":D.

5th (Marty)

Hell from a 27 to a 36? That's not making lemonade, that's making margaritas.

Greg I've heard from a friend a very similar report to yours, and yup....he keeps his boat at Solomon's.

Chessie27 12-04-2012 05:17 PM

Greg- point taken, thanks for the correction:D I practically wade down the ramp to quickly get the strap on my 19' now.

I would have to agree with Spot77; the 36's "margaritas" sure are intoxicating! I LOVE this boat!! I guess I will have to try again this weekend. Too bad a hefty boat payment means I have to work on days like the last few. It's been killing me. Looks like the forecast is kinda damp for the weekend :rolleyes: God bless cabins!!!