CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What happened to the whacko? (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2565)

Chessie27 05-14-2014 03:29 PM

What happened to the whacko?

I swear I saw some crazy posts that seemed more suited for TF and now they are gone?? Vanished into thin air. Unlike other sites does someone actually moderate this little group?? :). THANK YOU!!!!!

5th Tuition 05-14-2014 05:18 PM

Last I heard, Scott (spot77) was our moderator. The post by that guy was really troubling. If you noticed, it would say "1257 views" but it was only up for a couple of days? I know we didn't have that many views for his posts. Somehow, it appeared bogus and I was uncomfortable even opening his other posts for fear of a virus or spyware.

I had to open and read this post to make sure that you weren't referring to Mike:eek:

5th

mlag 05-14-2014 07:08 PM

If there is a moderator I guess the 5th will be gone soon:D

Skip 05-14-2014 07:36 PM

Guess he got plane ticket to Spain. :D

bhl 05-14-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 17857)
Last I heard, Scott (spot77) was our moderator. The post by that guy was really troubling. If you noticed, it would say "1257 views" but it was only up for a couple of days? I know we didn't have that many views for his posts. Somehow, it appeared bogus and I was uncomfortable even opening his other posts for fear of a virus or spyware.

I had to open and read this post to make sure that you weren't referring to Mike:eek:

5th

I'm not sure what you were worried about, but then, I haven't slept for the past two weeks either:D. I'm sure that 1200 views were me because I thought I was receiving some information from an alien. I even tried to to read it backwards:eek:

bhl ( Bruce)

Spot77 05-21-2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 17857)

5th

Jim got to it before I even saw it. Was out of town all last week and just trying to catch up on stuff.....as if that's ever possible.

I haven't seen the bay even once this year....closest I've been is in the Magothy on my kayak.

jwinds 05-23-2014 06:29 AM

Thanks for an active Moderator to maintain the integrity of this site. Although some members on the "other site" keep trying to revive it, the site continues in a downward spiral as a result of the constant bickering and childlike behavior.

yachtjim 05-24-2014 05:54 AM

I didn't even see it, so I didn't delete it. Strange indeed.

Spot77 05-25-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwinds (Post 17914)
Thanks for an active Moderator to maintain the integrity of this site. Although some members on the "other site" keep trying to revive it, the site continues in a downward spiral as a result of the constant bickering and childlike behavior.

This site moderates itself pretty well. The biggest problem is the spam that shows up every few months, and that's pretty easy to take care of.

Spot77 05-25-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yachtjim (Post 17919)
I didn't even see it, so I didn't delete it. Strange indeed.

Maybe the original poster deleted it?