CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Swan Point dried up? (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3429)

Chessie27 08-21-2017 11:56 AM

Swan Point dried up?

Have had a few successful trips to Swan lately but it seems things have dried up. I have choosen to troll and done pretty well until this weekend. Managed to scratch out a couple fish Sat but REALLY had to work at it. Then 1 of the 4 we got was gross and had to go back in.
I guess they moved or got all caught up? I explain to people on the boat all the time, fish are like beers in the cooler, If you keep drinking them without replacing them, at some point we will run out!!!

No Ragrets 08-22-2017 11:04 AM

I heard that trolling bite picked up down to LP. I think I am gonna try some live eels this weekend and stay north, assuming I still have some in my holding pot.

KevinMski 08-24-2017 12:02 PM

We did good at Swan Pt on Monday. A storm rolled through not long after we got there, but once it cleared up, we did really well. Trolling 6 rods, 14 fish from 22" up to 38!! We were the only boat out there. And if anyone finds a fish swimming around on the end of a penn slammer trolling rod, please return to owner.

Mako mike 08-25-2017 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinMski (Post 22722)
We did good at Swan Pt on Monday. A storm rolled through not long after we got there, but once it cleared up, we did really well. Trolling 6 rods, 14 fish from 22" up to 38!! We were the only boat out there. And if anyone finds a fish swimming around on the end of a penn slammer trolling rod, please return to owner.

Nice fish, but the lost rod is a bummer. Must have been a sea monster on the other end! Or perhaps another wayward cobia?

Chessie27 08-26-2017 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako mike (Post 22723)
Nice fish, but the lost rod is a bummer. Must have been a sea monster on the other end! Or perhaps another wayward cobia?

I'm thinking it may have been a Russian Sub. Probably up here to rig High school SGA elections. :D

Way to smoke 'em Kev! I think it's the soothing sound of the Cummins that they can't resist!! You must be getting the new boat dialed in.

5th Tuition 08-26-2017 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 22724)
I'm thinking it may have been a Russian Sub. Probably up here to rig High school SGA elections. :D

Way to smoke 'em Kev! I think it's the soothing sound of the Cummins that they can't resist!! You must be getting the new boat dialed in.

I saw about four corgo ships anchored up south of the bridge (most I've seen all year). I mentioned to the guy with me, "Look 4 cargo ships anchored up just daring a U.S. Destroyer to try to get by them:eek::eek:"

5th

Chessie27 08-26-2017 11:48 AM

And I feel stupid if I almost hit a crab pot..... Sounds like someone in the Navy may have last rank this week.