CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Happy New Year to All ! (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1155)

garlien 01-01-2011 12:38 AM

Happy New Year to All !

I hope this year turns out to give us all a much better bite than last...It was not too bad, the time with friends was great, meeting many of you was a true pleasure...

Looking forward to seeing many more of you thi year....

Tight Lines in 2011 !

Skip 01-01-2011 12:31 PM

Happy New Year back to you.

5th Tuition 01-01-2011 06:09 PM

Mike; I know it's winter and not many people are fishing, but stop trying to cause trouble on the board:D.

p.s. Happy new Year to you as well
p.p.s. Was down the ocean for New Years and watched the penguin plunge today. Two nice days, wish I had fished.
5th (Marty)

Spot77 01-01-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 9293)
Mike; I know it's winter and not many people are fishing, but stop trying to cause trouble on the board:D.

p.s. Happy new Year to you as well
p.p.s. Was down the ocean for New Years and watched the penguin plunge today. Two nice days, wish I had fished.
5th (Marty)

Dang, if I would have known that I could have bought you a beer. We went down Thursday and came home this afternoon.

I scouted out a few "off the beaten path" ponds outside of Salisbury on the way home.:D Perhaps when they thaw I'll actually get to fish them.

Despite not having a great Striper year on the bay I had a great time tearing up WP, landing a few YP in the Bodkin and catching Ladyfish in Florida on just a frigging jighead. Fished for Goliath Grouper too. My back still hurts from that. :o

Went to Lake El Salto in Mexico and caught hundreds of Largemouth up to about 8 pounds. I HIGHLY recommend doing that trip if you're into bass fishing.

Crabbing in the Magothy was phenominal this year.

Nope....I can't complain about 2010 at all.:cool:

Happy New Year everybody.

5th Tuition 01-02-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spot77 (Post 9294)
Dang, if I would have known that I could have bought you a beer. We went down Thursday and came home this afternoon.

I would have appreciated someone else buying me a beer. We spent wayyy toooo much time in Bull on the Beach New Years Eve. We have friends with a condo in the Pyramid and I always treat them to dinner for taking us down, so this time it was appatisers and drinks waiting for New Years:D.
Luckily, we just walk back to the condo:eek:.
Weather on the beach was great to WATCH the penguin swim:).
I hear ya on some ponds thawing enough for fishing. Looks like spillways will be the only thing open for a while. Normally, after a few days of weather like we just had, I would break out the bubbler and take a few dozen shiners down the shore.
5th (Marty)

Spot77 01-02-2011 12:25 PM

One of my wife's former clients has a condo on 72nd and another house just outside of OC on 611 in Mystic Harbor that we get to use for free a few times a year :D .

Took the kids to the Carousel so they could ice skate while we had a few drinks on NYE.