CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How about we all introduce ourselves (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=98)

Baldzilla 11-10-2009 12:39 AM

How about we all introduce ourselves

Many of us know each other, some too well, but it is nice to know the people you are talking to...

I'm Mark Symmes, 34 years old, a 5 year old girl, almost 3 year old boy and a bun in the oven...have fished with many of the names I see on this board and would love to fish with everyone. Love to LTJ, topwater, and sometimes liveline...troll when I have to but still perfecting it...

gonna make some trips down to CBBT this year and looking for experienced ho's, got 2 kids and one on the way, so my fishing is going ot die off in Mid April when #3 arrives...if I could figure out how to post a photo here I would...

I grew up fishing Largemouth from the shore of farm ponds in NC, and Flounder, Seatrout, and Redfish with my grandfather at his place in Myrtle Beach. Been fishing the bay seriously for about 2 1/2 years now....learning every trip..

I fish off a 25 foot Judge Workboat (ie Maycraft) Pilothouse and love it...I can't stop adding new toys to it, but it's a blast to fish on. Always looking for new fishing partners...on a trailer so can fish anywhere and plan to!!

PM me if you want to fish

goinsfishin 11-10-2009 07:58 AM

I’m Steve Goins, 47 years young, married with 3 adult children. Computer geek by trade although currently unemployed and looking…..
Born and bred on the Bay, grew up in Kent County on the ES, now live and fish near Deale.
I’m a licensed Captain and Resident Fishing Guide, run a 25 Parker Sportcabin named Sandpiper.
I do all kinds of fishing……trolling, LTJ, livelining, chumming……no real preference but whatever will put fish in the box.
Like to meet and fish with different people, have fished with quite a few on this board and made some good friendships over the years…..
#1 sidekick is JoeDaDog…..big brown goofy sandwich mooching friendly mutt who rides whenever I go out……still trying to teach him to net fish……
Let’s go fishing!

yachtjim 11-10-2009 08:19 AM

I am Jim Maier. I own BOE Marine on Kent Island. We do a little bit of everything but specialize in marine electronics installations and retail. We have a full boatyard now too and can perform most routine things as well as engine maintenance. We also have a new hydraulic trailer that allows us to pick any boat up to 35' from anywhere and drop it off anywhere. In the water, on blocks, whatever. I'm also dabble in web publishing. Our most successful site to date is clubsearay.com with 11K members. There is a new product we are manufacturing too - its a LED Flood Light. you can learn more about that at LunarLEDLights.com. We should be shipping the first ones anyday. Don't have much time for fishing, but when i do its on either my 1974 restored 23 Seacraft or my brothers 1976 23 Seacraft. I'm really happy to have this site for you guys and hope I can make it all you want/need it to be.

drichitt 11-10-2009 08:28 AM

Good thread Mark.

My name is Don Richitt and I live in Woodbine, MD which is in the western portion of Howard County. I am 55, married with 3 adult children (30,28 & 24). I have always been self-employed. Sold my last business 4 years ago and began to enjoy an early retirement. By training I am a MD licensed CPA and still dabble in light tax work for small businesses and individuals. I owned a boat and fished the Bay 30 years ago, but once I started my business I sold the boat and stopped fishing. I picked up fishing about 2 years ago, after discovering TF, and feel like Rip Van Winkle after a 30 year nap. I have a 2008 Maycraft 25' Pilothouse and can't get enough time on the water. I have fished with many on this board and look to fish with others who will have me, or join me...Don

5th Tuition 11-10-2009 08:31 AM

Marty Carter; live in Linthicum Maryland. Owns a 22 ft walkaround (Angler) with 200 yamaha. Retired and fishing often. Married with two grown children. Trolling, bait fishing, and livelinning are my most successful methods of fishing. Would love to learn LTJ from others on the board. Currently waiting for "Legendary Trailers" to come check out the trailer before we start heading south (Chesapeake Beach, Point Lookout) for the big fish. Boat stays in a slip on Bodkin Creek from June to November. 5th (Marty)

Hockleyneck 11-10-2009 08:54 AM

I am Richard Bagby, a 46 years old and the proud father of a little guy who is almost 4. Yes, I have a trophy wife, but not in the manner you guys are thinking. She is only 2 years younger than me, and we have been together for nearly 10 years. We live in woods near Batimore Country Club in Timonium.

I worked for the largest insurance broker in the world for 15 years and travelled constantly. Decided to start my own insurance business 2 years and only wish I had done it at 35. Quality of life is great and I am home most nights. This also gives me flexibility to fish during the week.

I have a 24 ft Judge that is kept in the water at Breezy Point. I enjoy all kinds of fishing from sitting on my pier on the Mataponi River in Virginia to trout fishing on the Gunpowder in Baltimore County. I am generally available to fish and like to do it all.

I have enjoyed getting to know some of the guys from WAF and hope to meet more. Anybody that wants to come to Breezy, shoot me a PM, or call my cell is 410-375-1199.

kevlar 11-10-2009 09:57 AM

Hi, I'm Kevin Kenno, 50 and father to 2 daughters, 16 and 23 yrs.

I worked in the finacial industry for 29 yrs until Bank of America disolved our division this spring. Since then I've been fishing and helping my wife open a cake business in Rockville, Md. http://www.cakedreamsmd.com

I've been fishing the bay bridge for 35yrs and unfortunately have not fished with anyone on this site, but I have met a few of you. I currently have a 16ft cc Chawk. If you see me around the bb stop by and say hello.

Kevin

JoshKaptur 11-10-2009 11:25 AM

I am, well, Josh Kaptur :D

I'm a california native, Pennsylvania raised, but definitely call Maryland HOME 30 year old government employee. Beautiful wife of almost 10 years and no kids... yet.

I moved here in 2002 to be a high school English teacher and caught my first rockfish ever after I purchased a Hobie kayak at the DC boat show in 2006. It was 2006 Flats C&R season and was trolling a charteuse/green crippled alewife spoon in about 4-5 feet of water. The water was crystal clear and I could easily see the bottom. I trolled over a sunken tree and could clearly see several HUGE (99% of my fishing before this was flyfishing for trout or largemouth/smallmouth) fish hunkering down on it. Figured I spooked them and hand't even heard of light tackle fishing so I just trolled right over without any thought. About 10 seconds later BAAAAMMMM my wallmart-purchased shakespeare doubled over and I was confident I had hooked the tree. I spun the kayak around and was TRILLED to see that "tree" taking off like lighting to the side (the way a rockfish fights in shallow water is extra special). A few minutes later I was able to hail a nearby boat who graciously took a picture of what began the addiction:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/129/3...505e90f2cb.jpg

3 years later I own a 2007 Sea Hunt 220 Escape w/ Yammi F225, and still occasionally get out in the yak. I'm a certified light tackle junkie, and fish that way 99% of the time... but it will take 50 inches on a BKD or topwater to beat that first rockfish trolled up on a spoon on the flats.

I'd also settle for a Mako or a Tuna on my boat - something we have tried 8 times in the past two years but not done successfully yet. There's nothing quite like sitting on an acre of boiling water 30 miles out of Ocean City watching 100-200 pound tuna completely air out of the water all around you... other than sticking some steel into one of them (or so I'm told)!!!!

I supplement my fishing addicition with participating in triathlons, or some might say it's the other way around. Both hobbies are weekend killers. With church on Sundays (very important to me) that usually means I'm picking between a long bike ride or a long boat ride on saturdays. I do have off every other friday from work, which helps. I often joke I should "summarize" my boat, since it gets used FAR MORE from November to April than from May to October.

Much to my HO's disappointment, I like to wakeboard and waterski almost as much as I like to fish. I'd rather jig up a trophy for sure, but in the summer you're more likely to find me at the end of a tow rope than dunking bloodworms. I think I earn my man-card back in the winter though.

Say "hi" if you see me on the water or the ramp. I love meeting new people and love introducing people to the sport. I have taken more than 30 people on their first ever LTJ trip on my boat in the past two years. All of them have caught fish and all but 4 children did it with light tackle.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3094/...72fac23680.jpg

Billj 11-10-2009 12:33 PM

I'm Bill Judge the owner of Judge Yachts in Denton, Md. As most of you know we build boats from 22 to 46' or even bigger if someone wants. I fish out of the Wye River on a 36 Chesapeake and you'll mostly find me around Bloody Point light when the big fish show up. If anyone is out and want to talk fishin, boats, or just say hi, give me a call on the "Blue Moon".

Take care and good fishin,

Bill

mburrows 11-10-2009 12:57 PM

Hi,
I'm Mike Burrows, 47 and married for 26 years. 2 grown step children and 4 grandchildren (21, 19, 14, 4). 22 years in the swimming pool mgnt/service industry and now 10 years as a network geek with Marriott. I have a 21' Aquasport dual console with a 200 Yami 4 stroke and a 16' jon with a 25 4 stroke. I'll fish for anything that swims with whatever method works however topwater anything is always a thrill. Fished with a couple on the board and am always willing to fish with others. I always learn something when I go out with other people especially on their boat. Guess I'm just a HO at heart. My name on the "Other" board is mburrows870.

Mike

swartj 11-10-2009 01:39 PM

I am Jerry Swartz, 56 and married for 30 years and live in Rockville, MD. I have two adult children (25 & 22). I work in the data warehousing business.

Started fishing the bay in 1978 with an English guy who taught me a lot about fishing in general. Once children came along I stopped for about 10 years. When I started again I fished the upper Potomac for smallmouth for 15 years and am now back on the bay. I start fishing in mid March and stop about mid December.

I have a 23' Boston Whaler Conquest 235 and fish out of the Rhode River. You can usually find me between the Bridge and Breezy Point and points east of them. As for type of fishing I like to troll, ltj, live line and bottom fish.

I don't fish in the winter but I do like target shooting with a shotgun. I shoot trap, skeet and sporting clays. Still get to shoot the bull with buddys.

I also like to do wood turning. My favorite projects here are segmented bowls, regular bowls, platters and goblets. Haven't tried turning top water plugs but might.

BreezyDog 11-10-2009 02:43 PM

Hello. Jeff Dearborn here. I'm 44 and I live in Severna Park. I've been married for 14 years have a 10 year old girl and a soon to be 9 year old boy. They have been my main fishing buddies since I purchased my 1st boat in July. I'm an F&I guy in the car business going on 21 years now.

I bought a new Key West 211 CC Bluewater and keep it at my inlaws pier on Greenwood Creek on the back side of Eastern Bay. I've been fishing all of my life. I've caught mahi mahi in Hawaii, fly fished in Colorado, caught black drum in Galveston and caught salmon and trout in Lake Michigan. But I like the Chesapeake Bay the best. The biggest rockfish (42")I ever caught was on Capt. Greg Buckner's boat Miss Susie. (I saw his name mentioned here)

I look forward to learning a lot from the people here. I want catch some of those monsters headed this way on my own boat.

halfmoon 11-10-2009 04:00 PM

My turn, Rick Walter 52 married and retired. I have 2 daughters 16 and 27.

I have been around boats since I was a kid. My dad liked the Solomans Island area, many memories from White Sands and the Ranch Club. My boat is a 2006 22' Sea Hunt DC with a Yamaha 225. I just started to try fishing again, I have a lot to learn. I do know how to catch crabs with a trotline:D

Hey Josh did you ever raise your motor or add tabs?

240 LTS 11-10-2009 05:17 PM

Jeff Streett, I will be 53 this Sunday, Nov. 15.
Married 25 + years to a beautiful woman.
Home- Fallston, (Harford County), MD.
Son 21, daughter, 20, both in college. Terrific kids.

My "User Name" is 240 LTS on every site.
I'm on my 4th boat, a Triton 240 LTS (center console) with a 250 Verado, Minn Kota trolling motor and Lowrance electronics.

Fish for bass and stripers...mostly stripers....on the upper, upper bay. Pooles Island and north. Gotta go south to the BB or the CBBT soon.
Have been fishing seriously since 1985, got my Captains license Jan. 6, 1992.

I'm a LTGer at heart. I have some trolling equipment but never really have used it yet.

I am willing to share anything I can and take anyone here fishing.
Looking forward to meeting all of you.

I hope this site does not become one of those that if your not in the "click" you can forget about getting responses to your post.

Thank you for this site,
Jeff

My 240
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...k/P1010069.jpg

On the Flats, May 09
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...ay22009003.jpg

Chessie27 11-10-2009 07:28 PM

Hi, Jeff Newell here. I'm born and raised in Chestertown,MD. I work in sales for a local manufacturer and cover Viginia to Maine. With all this travel, I don't get out on the water nearly enough. I'm usually on a yellow hulled Judge 27' Chesapeake named "Sales Call" that I keep on the Chester River just above C-town. Married to a wife that LOVES boating (even fishing sometimes) and have 2 great dogs that love to boat as well. I hope to be able to get out fishing a bit more in the future. Surprisingly, the better I get at actually "catching" fish, the easier it is to find time to go. If you see me out, I try to monitor 68 but find myself usually turning it off fairly quickly. Just come by and toss me a sandwich or something, I'll stop.:D

PhilK999 11-10-2009 07:40 PM

Hi, I'm Phil Krausz. Getting ready to turn 53 in about a month. Born and bred in Canton area of Baltimore and recently moved to Essex.

Been fishing the bay proper since about 1978 mostly for rock and blues and fished all the rivers on the upper western shore before that for bass, crappie and perch. Thought I knew how to catch fish until this year, which has been a humbling year on the water for me.

I will fish pretty much any method, trolling, drift and bottom fishing, chumming, topwater, casting lures and have been giving LTJ more attention this year with limited success.

I am an electricain by trade working in manufacturing, maintaining and troubleshooting litho and can making equipment.

JoeDirt 11-10-2009 08:43 PM

I'm Joe Dirt. I was born without the top of my skull and I guess a little bit of my brains was showin' and it was grossin' everybody out so my mom put a wig on me to cover it up and then the bones grew together and it got all infused and entwined. I drive a Hemi Roadrunner and once found a sweet meteor with a space peanut in it. I accidentally made out with my hot sister.

I also post on another board as "MartinM". He's supposedly 36 years old, married, lives in Rockville with a cool-ass wife, 6 year old daughter, and 3 year old son. He fishes out of Solomons on a 26' Sailfish WAC and wishes he had a chance to do so more often. He works a lot for a small, local coffee company, but gets to travel to cool places and fish there every once in a while.

Hakuna Matata 11-10-2009 08:43 PM

I feel like I'm in a confessional

I'm Jamaal Brown and I'll turn 32 in December. I've been married for 11 years to my wife Rhonda and we have three children together, oldest boy is 15 and the twins are 9. If you choose to do the math please keep it to yourself, I'm soooo tired of hearing it ;). I was born and raised in Landover, Md and and joined the USAF right out of HS. Returned to Maryland and joined Steamfitters Local 602 and have been doing commercial HVAC ever since. I was once an amateur boxer back in my day, but now I'm pretty much a fat fisherman. I currently reside in AA county near Deale and have plans to hook up with goinfishin, Baldzilla, Drichitt, and Mlag at some point to do some fishing, hopefully sooner before later.

I'll pretty much fish for anything that swims and I really don't have a preferred method although I do tend to troll, jig, and bait(worms)fish more often than anything else. I do try to get out-of-town to fish a least a couple times per year, usually to OC or to the CBBT and those are almost always suicide trips(down and back in same day). My father introduced me to fishing as a child, but I've only been seriously fishing the bay since 2006, quite the rookie compared to some of you! I fish a Triumph 215cc w/ Honda BF150.

You're more likely to see me at the Rod-n-Reel ramp than anywhere else so if you catch me there please introduce yourself, I've met nothing but good people from fishing sites and I'd like to meet many more.

Great thread Mark, thanks for posting.

Thanks Jim for hosting this site, it seems like it's working great so far.

Happy 53rd B-day Jeff.

-JB

PS-Please fill out your profile and add a pic, it's nice to put a face with a name.

powerplay 11-10-2009 09:11 PM

Jim Catterton 38 yrs old live in edgewater maryland. I am married and have a 3 year old son jake. Boat is a 2008 27 judge built by the master bill judge. Boat name is "Power Play" as i grew up playing hockey since the age of 4. Been working on my wife kelley on the rockfishing but she is hooked on offshore.

mlag 11-11-2009 09:49 AM

Hey Jim (Powerplay)............Cindy wants to know if you play hockey.......Why do you have a picture of a golf club on the back of your boat?:D:D Talk to you soon buddy......................Mark

Slayer 11-11-2009 01:02 PM

Keith Dickinson here...cancer..I love soft music, frolicking in the woods and a good Harlequin book....wait, damnit..wrong board!!

Keith Dickinson, Mechanicsville, Trophy 2052, Anywhere from Breezy Point to Point Lookout. 37, wife, 3 kids, trying to get into business for myself. I was "bring_em_on" on the "brand-X" board.

If it swims, I like catching it.

reel- y late 11-11-2009 04:27 PM

just heard about this board so ill give it a try ...

Barry Turner

I am a LTJ addict ...
My boat is an 07 GW Gulfstream "Reel Y Late"
I grew up in Fork , MD ( near harford/baltimore co line) ,im 38 , married 4 years / 2 year old son ...we live in reisterstown .I own a small telecomm business that installs data- network /telephone cabling and business phone systems ( ;)major discounts for fisherman;)) .

I keep my boat in solomons year round and TRY to fish from late march til december . I have only been seriously fishing the lower bay for 3 or 4 years now . This year I made it my goal to learn the area and catch my fish on lite tackle and lures that i make in my basement which has been very rewarding so far ...
IF you see me out there give a shout !

B-Faithful 11-11-2009 04:53 PM

Greg
Live by the Bay Bridge
27 Judge Chesapeake
Wife and 3 kids

I work for a printing and direct mail company.

Grew up a S. Jersey boy fishing the ocean and DE Bay. I now chase striped bass from NJ to the CBBT. I love fishing for the big fish during the colder months. I have been known to liveline, troll, eel, jig, and chum too.

powerplay 11-11-2009 04:55 PM

Hey mark {mlag} don't mess with the hockey players they can throw with both hands:):) Nobody else said it was golf but my one friend. Then she said there isn"t any POWER PLAY in golf.:D

B-Faithful 11-11-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerplay (Post 1026)
Hey mark {mlag} don't mess with the hockey players they can throw with both hands:):)

I thought hockey players could only throw with one hand because the other hand was trying to pull the jersey over the head with the other :D

reeltor 11-11-2009 05:24 PM

You asked...sorry for the long post!

Paul Buckmaster, 45, live in Ellicott City with my wife of 15 yrs and our three sons. My twins are 11 and the little man is 6. Working on getting them into salt water fishing but for now the pond across the street from our home has their interest. We fish the pond for "Big Mitch". Mitch is the boys name for the Largemouth Bass that patrol the water. The boys liveline sunnies while I work on using the baitcaster and topwater plugs. My wife is our most revered angler. Couple of years ago her and some friends from the beach went out 73 miles to win the "Poor Girls Open", a C/R marlin tournament held the week after the White Marlin Open. She brought home a nice check and never lets me forget about it:rolleyes:.

I'm co founder of Main Street Realty in EC. We are a full service brokerage offering 1.5% listings and a 20% buyer rebate. Business is a lot slower now and it gives me more time to fish. Gotta take the good with the bad:D. If you ever have questions about real estate I'd be happy to lend an ear. I'm most happy being self employed as it gives the flexibility that I crave. I used to own a Crown gasoline franchise.

I started fishing on the Bay when I was 7-8 yrs old with my father and grandfather. My father was a school teacher at Mervo in Balt City and had the summers off. My fishing addiction was inherited from both of them. They had it bad too! My grandfather owned a Winnebago and we'd spend just about every summer weekend driving from the Bodkin to Ches Beach in search of big rockfish. My mother and grandmother would load up a cooler full of Jack's Corn Beef sandwiches, a Lexington Market landmark, and drinks for the weekend. We'd mainly troll and drift soft crabs for our fish. I don't remember what the limits were but like most others we helped over fish the bay. We never wasted our fish, but looking back, we definitely took too many. I also fished with my dad in OC a lot. We'd rent a room in the Oceanic Motel overlooking the jetty. The conditions were poor but access to the fish overcame all obstacles. I was fishing for sea trout on the concrete sea wall with my dad when Elvis Presley died.

Way back then, catching fish in the upper bay was no problem. By the time I was in my early teens we had to move south to find them:mad:. We'd plug the Winnebago in at Buckmaster's Crab House (no affiliation) which was located in the Chesapeake Beach Rod and Reel Club parking lot. We would get on the water before sunrise and fish all day. We had a very good relationship with the charter captains. We would hang out with them on the back of their boats in the evenings comparing notes. They would eagerly share info on where, when and how to catch fish. I have a lot of respect for charter capt's. Most are humble guys with no political ties.

Maryland and Delaware instituted a moratorium on all striped bass fishing in 1985, following the collapse of the fishery during the early 1980s. We stopped fishing during the moratorium. Then in 1988 my dad suddenly passed away and I all but forgot about fishing the bay. It was easily 10 years before I decided to buy a boat and get on with life. Now I fish as often as I can on my 20' Sea Hunt CC or joining guys I've met on TF or old friends. I also prefer cold weather fishing for BUBBA and do not care much for summer fishing. I"m kind of quiet on the water and I"m not a big HO guy as it makes me nervous to fish with some internet stranger( I don't consider regular posters strangers ).

Nice post Mark and its helpful to get some background on all you fishing crazies. See you on the water.

Skip 11-11-2009 05:34 PM

Skip - 46 yrs old live near BWI airport. Go by 27 Sailfish elsewhere :D. Married with 2 kids daughter 19 / son 13.

Love to fish and dive in the bay/ocean but won't pass up the chance to fish anywhere for anything. This includes the pet section at Walmart on snopwy days.

Run a 27 foot Grady just about year round.

Skip 11-11-2009 05:34 PM

Skip - 46 yrs old live near BWI airport. Go by 27 Sailfish elsewhere :D. Married with 2 kids daughter 19 / son 13.

Love to fish and dive in the bay/ocean but won't pass up the chance to fish anywhere for anything. This includes the pet section at Walmart on snowy days.

Run a 27 foot Grady just about year round.

powerplay 11-11-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 1027)
I thought hockey players could only throw with one hand because the other hand was trying to pull the jersey over the head with the other :D

Keep it up mr and you will soon find out:D:D

Breakaway 11-11-2009 08:12 PM

I'm Jeff Banks, 50 years old, and live in Rockville Md. I go by Joebass3 on the other site. I've been married for 22 years and have a 18 year old son who is in his first year at the University of Md.

I own an automotive repair shop in Bethesda. We specialize in Volvo repair, but also service most imports. My work seriously gets in the way of my fishing, so I fish with the crowds on the weekends.

I also own a Judge 27 Chesapeake and keep it in Ridge,Md. and fish out of St Jeromes Creek. Boat name is "Breakaway" and am obviously a hockey fan also. I have never skated in my life, but have had years of enjoyment watching my son play with the Montgomery Youth Hockey Association since he was 6.

Hey Jim, If you want to see what a hockey stick looks like, come on down and I'll show you :D

mlag 11-11-2009 09:10 PM

Hey guys..................most of you know me................Mark Lagana

I turned 50 this year. Cindy, my wife of 9 years loves this as she reminds me all the time that she is only 40 something. I have 4 great kids, 3 daughters and a son. I have a beautiful granddaughter with a second grandchild due within the next month. Dang.........I must be getting old.

I paid my dues in the real estate industry for 18 years as a licensed settlement officer before changing over to the mortgage side. I have been a mortgage loan officer for the past 10 years which has given me much more flexibility in my work schedule to do the things I love.............fish and hunt.

I launch my boat, a 22 foot center console Angler from Turkey Point at the mouth of the South River. I have been known to catch a spot or two and feed them to rockfish, but that's just rumor:D. See you guys on the water real soon...............................Mark

Shawn Kimbro 11-11-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlag (Post 1042)
Hey guys..................most of you know me................Mark Lagana

I turned 50 this year.

You type well for an old guy.

drichitt 11-11-2009 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlag (Post 1042)
......I must be getting old.

Getting old? Who is planning on accessorizing their 22 foot boat with a windlass:D...Don

EDGEWATER 11-12-2009 09:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Chip Dodson – 50 yrs old and live in Morgantown PA but spend a lot of time fishing the Bay. My girl has a house on Tilghman Island – that’s how it ALL started.

I fish on a 23’ Parker Pilothouse with my buddy Tanner – no boat name – just look for the big yellow lab with the red life vest.

Grew up fishing freshwater – mostly fly-fishing for trout from central PA to Canada.

I’m a contract CAD designer, mechanical engineer (my company – Innovative Design Solutions, Inc.) – design machines, products, etc. I take a person’s ideas and make it reality.

I have fished with a few people I've met on “the other” board including Powerplay, 27Sailfish, SPYNET, DWKoeller.

Look forward to meeting on the water.

As for the board name EDGEWATER - my old boat was an EdgeWater 18CC - so the name stuck.

Conjuror 11-12-2009 10:42 AM

Steve May. I'm 51 and live in Alexandria. Wife and two kids.

I'm a lobbyist (yup, one of those) for Cummins.

I've got a Judge 36 named Conjuror which I keep in Deale and fish mostly south of there at every chance.

Family is originally from New England so I also try to get up there to fish and sail (yeah, most of my family are sailors, so I guess that's two strikes). I also keep a small sailboat in Alexandria (uh, oh...three strikes!!)

powerplay 11-12-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDGEWATER (Post 1054)
Chip Dodson – 50 yrs old and live in Morgantown PA but spend a lot of time fishing the Bay. My girl has a house on Tilghman Island – that’s how it ALL started.

I fish on a 23’ Parker Pilothouse with my buddy Tanner – no boat name – just look for the big yellow lab with the red life vest.

Grew up fishing freshwater – mostly fly-fishing for trout from central PA to Canada.

I’m a contract CAD designer, mechanical engineer (my company – Innovative Design Solutions, Inc.) – design machines, products, etc. I take a person’s ideas and make it reality.

I have fished with a few people I've met on “the other” board including Powerplay, 27Sailfish, SPYNET, DWKoeller.

Look forward to meeting on the water.

As for the board name EDGEWATER - my old boat was an EdgeWater 18CC - so the name stuck.

You fished with spynet and 27sailfish BUT you caught on powerplay:):)

EDGEWATER 11-12-2009 12:46 PM

Here we go . . . . . . . :D

5th Tuition 11-12-2009 03:23 PM

OK; this is just not acceptable. Who in the heck allowed "Conjuror" (Steve May) on this board!!! Steve, you are right, three strikes (a lobbyist; comes from a family of sailors, and owns a sailboat in Va.). There is one way you can redeem yourself; take a couple of us out in your 36 Judge (in Deale) for a fall trolling trip. What a SWEET boat that must be. Welcome to the board, look forward to some fishing photo's from that Judge!! 5th (Marty)

Conjuror 11-12-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 1067)
OK; this is just not acceptable. Who in the heck allowed "Conjuror" (Steve May) on this board!!! Steve, you are right, three strikes (a lobbyist; comes from a family of sailors, and owns a sailboat in Va.). There is one way you can redeem yourself; take a couple of us out in your 36 Judge (in Deale) for a fall trolling trip. What a SWEET boat that must be. Welcome to the board, look forward to some fishing photo's from that Judge!! 5th (Marty)

Pretty funny...we may have to do that. Fishing has been great right out front.

SpudZudnik 11-12-2009 07:18 PM

Hey yall, Im Spud Zudnik, Spudz for short. Im 49 and am a farmer on Tilghman. Been married 5 times, twice to the same one, got 9 kids from 28 to 3 years old. In my spare time I feesh on my 40 foot baybuilt "No Wife". Bin ffeeshing the bay ever since I can recollect used to go out with my Pa when I was a kid.
See yall out there.