CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   It's official (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3150)

Moorehaven 03-19-2016 02:45 PM

I am wrong but I thought Herrington Harbor does their slip rental yearly. I am looking to somewhere close to there for April through June. Any ideas ?

bhl 03-20-2016 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moorehaven (Post 21454)
I am wrong but I thought Herrington Harbor does their slip rental yearly. I am looking to somewhere close to there for April through June. Any ideas ?

You can call Herrington North or South and get a temporary slip. I think the Rod and Reel at Chesapeake Beach will rent also.

garlien 03-20-2016 09:58 AM

Sounds like this was the year a lot of us gave our boats some tender loving care (also known as maintenance)...

My baby is in Ed Miller's hands...New water pumps, oil change, and harmonic balancers were added to the motors, looks like the carb on the generator had to be cleaned, new control board for the AC, and some wiring...Ah the things we do for out boats...Have to say I have spent more money on my boat every year for the last 20 years than I have spent on my wife....:rolleyes:...

Hoping all the work is done this week and she will get splashed as soon as she is back at the marina...Can't wait to get out...

Cmp8254 03-20-2016 11:35 AM

Garlien,

My boat is in Ed's hand. Right now as well. I too had to replace the harmonic balancer this year with only 150 hours on my motor. So, while he had it I took the liberty of having a side scan transducer added, new digital antenna, and a few other small goodies

Chad

Mako mike 03-20-2016 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garlien (Post 21456)
Sounds like this was the year a lot of us gave our boats some tender loving care (also known as maintenance)...

My baby is in Ed Miller's hands...New water pumps, oil change, and harmonic balancers were added to the motors, looks like the carb on the generator had to be cleaned, new control board for the AC, and some wiring...Ah the things we do for out boats...Have to say I have spent more money on my boat every year for the last 20 years than I have spent on my wife....:rolleyes:...

Hoping all the work is done this week and she will get splashed as soon as she is back at the marina...Can't wait to get out...

You all need to get your hands dirty and learn how to work on your motors, especially outboards! I know Mike, your used to keyboards but wrenches really don't hurt your hands. Once you learn the basics it's so simple. Not that I'm bAshing Ed or anyone else, but once you learn the basics they are still happy to help you because it frees up their time. Ed helped me through a over voltage problem that luckily I could diagnose but Ed was happy to confirm before I ordered parts. Once regulator was in hand and installed both our diagnosis end were correct and it freed him up to work on yours!

garlien 03-21-2016 11:23 AM

Mike I would love to learn how to do more on the boat, but the issue is time...Work has been and continues to be out of control...

I have to make a choice, work on the boat in my spare time, or fish from it...Have to go with the fish from it idea...

I know I could save a crap ton of money by doing a lot of it myself, and hopefully one day I will get there, just is not going to happen this year....

:(

5th Tuition 03-21-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garlien (Post 21462)
Mike I would love to learn how to do more on the boat, but the issue is time...Work has been and continues to be out of control...

I have to make a choice, work on the boat in my spare time, or fish from it...Have to go with the fish from it idea...

I know I could save a crap ton of money by doing a lot of it myself, and hopefully one day I will get there, just is not going to happen this year....

:(

If you ever want to replace a LED Spreader light; I have a sledge hammer, chain saw, and electrical tape:D
5th

Mako mike 03-21-2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 21463)
If you ever want to replace a LED Spreader light; I have a sledge hammer, chain saw, and electrical tape:D
5th

Don't do it Mike! Please don't do it!