CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Clyde's Spring Sale (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2147)

5th Tuition 03-05-2013 07:45 PM

Clyde's Spring Sale

Not much action on the board so I thought I might post about the Spring sale at Clyde's Bait and Tackle in Landsdown. The sale ends the 10th, but some nice deals on reels, rods, and combos.
Penn 330 reels are $90
Penn 340 reels are $115

I think these are pretty good prices for new reels. I know you can sometimes get them for a little less online, but you may have to add shipping, so the price is pretty much the same.
Additionally, I like to support my local tackle shop.
I sold a bunch of old rods, reels, 2 stroke oil, and some other silly crap off the table I had at PSG Fleamarket when my old boat was for sale on the parking lot. I used this money to pick up two 340's for the new Judge:D

Line (mono) is 1/2 off, and they will spool your reel while you wait. Power Pro is also discounted, but NOT 1/2 off.

Do a google search to find directions.

5th (Marty)

Spot77 03-07-2013 07:45 AM

I'll stop in and grab a new med action spinning rod from them the next time I stop by my parents' house.

I try to buy something from them every year, even though they're pretty far off of my normal path most of the time.

I've always loved their shop, and I can remember going there decades ago.

5th Tuition 03-07-2013 08:12 AM

Scott; they had two Sig's in their gun case:D I couldn't believe they were there. The case is still pretty empty, but at least they are starting to add some nice pieces to what is there.

Don't forget to pick up a new pocket knife. You can now carry a small knife on a plane:eek:

5th (Marty)

Spot77 03-07-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 15188)
Scott; they had two Sig's in their gun case:D I couldn't believe they were there. The case is still pretty empty, but at least they are starting to add some nice pieces to what is there.

Don't forget to pick up a new pocket knife. You can now carry a small knife on a plane:eek:

5th (Marty)

Actually, thanks for the reminder. I need to get a knife with a blade of 2" or less.

I haven't shot too many Sig handguns...they were always out of my price range anyway. I do have a SWEET Sig 22 caliber rifle though. :D

shoreboy6 03-07-2013 01:35 PM

Don't shoot a Sig. You will only get the Signess and the only cure is more Sig.

Spot77 03-07-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoreboy6 (Post 15192)
Don't shoot a Sig. You will only get the Signess and the only cure is more Sig.

I've heard that. Lucky for me the cure is a woefully thin wallet.

I'd have to sell off a bunch of these AR's to fund the signess.

Hmmmm....I'd probably double my money on each one though.....:)