CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Nice day for some small pullage (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2718)

Chessie27 10-25-2014 11:18 PM

Nice day for some small pullage

Had my cousin in from Cape Cod to deer hunt for a few days. It was a struggle for 2 days and they never got one. I suggested a fishing trip instead and they gladly welcomed the idea.
Met at the boat at 8:15 loaded up and ran across the bay to the Patapsco. Were greeted by birds upon arrival so had the crew toss some metal to them and immediately hooked up a few shorts. Quickly heard "Already better than deer hunting!" :)
Pulled BFG's, Capt John spreaders, tsunami UMB, and a drone. 6oz to mainly 24oz of inline lead. Caught 10 fish but only 1 legal at 20" which was released to grow bigger. First time out fishing the bay in a month plus so good to get out. Hope to hit them a bit harder in the upcoming weeks.
Was able to tag team fish with the 5th for a bit but the bite was slow and Mikes is closing in 8 days so I had to make the tough decision to hit them up for some lunch. Had a great meal then headed across the bay to hit Swan Point for a bit. Caught the keeper over there. Headed in about 2:30.

Did see a red Scarab sneak by just as we were headed into Mike's. Might have been Mark1234......;)

5th Tuition 10-26-2014 07:25 AM

Jeff; it was nice having my "big brother" (36 Chesapeake) out there with me (27 Chesapeake) yesterday. With all the boat traffic, we didn't do too badly. Although, the biggest thing I caught all day was a crab pot:eek:
We always seem to snag one on Lou's boat, and I am constantly telling him to stay the "F" away from them (he likes to run close to them):roll eyes:
I rarely snag a pot, but with Mikey on the boat, we were probably talking about Kate Upton (the subject came up several times), and I just didn't have my full concentration on the wheel:D

I'm glad your crew had a good time. I knew they were going to enjoy Mike's Crabhouse North. I can't believe they are closing in just a few days. The photo you sent of your meal certainly made my beer and ham sandwich look pitiful.

It looks like a Judge tournament is not going to happen this year; so instead, we need to get a bunch of "Judge" guys together and pack ourselves on your or Bruce's 36 for a fun day.
You, me, Bruce, Greg, and Mlag need to put a trip together in November.

See you on the water.
5th

Chessie27 10-26-2014 09:31 AM

I'm all in for a Judge owners day. Maybe we could try to make it a day both Bruce and I were available and have 36 twins out there? Who knows what kind of trouble we could find......

Oh yeah, I snagged something on bottom and lost a rig too but luckily it was a cheaper rig (only $25 worth of tackle). I got to get more into LTJ so $6 worth of plastic can last all day!!

mark1234 10-26-2014 08:12 PM

Hey Jeff,

I was heading out in the morning, when I saw the Judge fishing team working together. I tried to get into the mix, but was turned away for not being in a Judge. So I was forced to head to the eastern side to fish by myself.

Chessie27 10-27-2014 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark1234 (Post 18615)
Hey Jeff,

I was heading out in the morning, when I saw the Judge fishing team working together. I tried to get into the mix, but was turned away for not being in a Judge. So I was forced to head to the eastern side to fish by myself.

Those Judge guys are such jerks (particularly the 2 you saw!:eek:). I'm considering selling the boats and fishing gear and buying a Hobie Cat instead. :D

I think it's funny how people can't seem to fish right out front of their slip. I'm sure I ran over millions of fish to get to your side and you did the same to get to mine. It's the old saying, "The grass is always greener...." I suppose. I like to think of it as there's just not enough of a boat ride involved if you fish too close to home!
Glad you had better luck than I did.

bhl 10-27-2014 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 18614)
I'm all in for a Judge owners day. Maybe we could try to make it a day both Bruce and I were available and have 36 twins out there? Who knows what kind of trouble we could find......

Oh yeah, I snagged something on bottom and lost a rig too but luckily it was a cheaper rig (only $25 worth of tackle). I got to get more into LTJ so $6 worth of plastic can last all day!!

I'm thinking East VS West. Weigh in at the Harbor Shack. Rules to be determined:D.
bhl (Bruce)

Chessie27 10-27-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl (Post 18617)
I'm thinking East VS West. Weigh in at the Harbor Shack. Rules to be determined:D.
bhl (Bruce)

I like the way you're thinkin'! Let's work on a date. I guess since you have to still work to own a 36', we should look for a weekend day? Let's talk!