CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Big Day (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2893)

Gypsy Danger 05-07-2015 07:53 PM

Big Day

1 Attachment(s)
Decided to go out for an afternoon trip which turned into the best day of fishing I've had since the season started. I went out with wife and kids and made way over to BPL and decided the run boat rods only. Ran 4 lines off the boat all umbrellas and in 3 hours picked up 4 fish with one being 41.5". The interesting part is every fish this trip and about 80% on other trips have been caught off my 8' hip rods...it's like I could put everything else away and just fish those 2 rods.

The icing on the cake was after I packed up gear I made my way over to TPL and broke out Jigging Rod. What can I say 1st cast, 1st pop resulted I'm 1st light tackle fish of the year. Ended up picking up anothe 4 fish all around 18" to 22" but still fun!

I just wanted to say thanks to all my new found friends for all the information, guidance and patients with my questions. I used to hate trolling because I never understood that it can be as easy as light tackle of you have a system that works for you.

I can't wait to get back on the water, I just wish every day was as good was today was!!!

Joe Walsh 05-07-2015 08:08 PM

Good job.. Very jealous.. Want to get out, but have to work.. Funny thing is, not feeling well, cough, cough...

Joe
"Celtic Charm"

jimbob1 05-07-2015 08:56 PM

Congrats and thanks for the report.

I'm trying to get out tomorrow afternoon.

What depth of water produced best for you??

Jimmy

Gypsy Danger 05-07-2015 10:30 PM

Today I was working 35' to 55' but almost all the fish caught around 40'...

Best of luck tomorrow!

bhl 05-08-2015 04:23 AM

They are the days that keep you coming back. If you slayed them every day it would be boring. Nice job showing the family some big fish.

Rudden83 05-08-2015 06:09 AM

Nice to meet you yesterday!

mark1234 05-08-2015 08:24 AM

Nice job on the short but productive trip. I was just south of you, and thought that might have been you. I was a little far to make out the name.

5th Tuition 05-08-2015 09:16 AM

Good job Lolo. A lot of people would say we "corrupted" you by starting to troll. Glad you can find enjoyment in "all" forms of fishing (I wish more people could):eek:

It has been a lot of fun fishing with you and the "other" guys this Trophy season.

Now, do you have a live well in that new Judge; or do you need to start building one (for livelinning):D
5th

Gypsy Danger 05-11-2015 09:58 PM

Bruce you are 100% correct, days like those are the ones that keep you going on when your on the other end of getting slayed!

Skidsteer 05-12-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl (Post 19836)
If you slayed them every day it would be boring.

Can't say I agree with that ...:D