CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Laughing stock (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=308)

wino 12-18-2009 10:50 AM

Laughing stock

I attend meeting of various south Florida fishing clubs and from time to time a rep from Florida wildlife commision will speak. a few weeks ago the topic was mis management of a fishery. The lecture focused on the chesapeake bay and how the adjoing states have screwed things up and especially Maryland. There were other ex Marylander's there and some folks from Virginia, we all cringed when the actions of DNR were mentioned. Very sad that my beloved Chesapeake bay is known as a cesspool with myco infected fish, stupid laws allowing the slaughter of Rockfish during the spawn and the loss of oysters and crabs. Kinda depressing when your reputation is all negative.

Francis 12-18-2009 06:30 PM

I am curious Steve, because I have no clue, what did they suggest would have been a better course of action?

wino 12-18-2009 08:18 PM

Francis the main part of the discussion was the killing of breeding stock on their way to the spawning grounds. They close most important species to fishing during spawning down here, that is why snook and many others are closed twice a year during that period. They also spoke about the politics of commercial fishing in the bay by bending to the commercial fisherman and allowing Omega to plunder the Menhadden fishery. A biologist spoke about the mycobacterial infections in Rockfish and the lack of disclosure from Virginia and Maryland regarding this issue because the state governments would cause a problem for the commercial fishery if it was leaked to the media and may cause a scare like physteria did. They also spoke about the sewage and water treatment runnoff and Baltimores disregard of the EPA standards for sewage dumping into the bay. Florida has many citizen watchdog groups that monitor any water problems and make sure it is dealt with. Dirty water keeps the tourists away and boating and sport fishing is a religion down here.

JoeDirt 12-19-2009 07:53 AM

Please see the "ask a favor concerning fishing conservation" thread.

I expect to see hot chick picks on this thread by Noon. Thank you.

heimdall 12-19-2009 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wino (Post 2920)
I attend meeting of various south Florida fishing clubs and from time to time a rep from Florida wildlife commision will speak. a few weeks ago the topic was mis management of a fishery. The lecture focused on the chesapeake bay and how the adjoing states have screwed things up and especially Maryland. There were other ex Marylander's there and some folks from Virginia, we all cringed when the actions of DNR were mentioned. Very sad that my beloved Chesapeake bay is known as a cesspool with myco infected fish, stupid laws allowing the slaughter of Rockfish during the spawn and the loss of oysters and crabs. Kinda depressing when your reputation is all negative.

Sorry Wino.
You are only allowed one point of view on this website (the moderator's) and fishing reports only. Sorta like Tidal Fish was in the early days when BW belonged to the CCA.

JoeDirt 12-19-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heimdall (Post 2951)
Sorry Wino.
You are only allowed one point of view on this website (the moderator's) and fishing reports only. Sorta like Tidal Fish was in the early days when BW belonged to the CCA.

Close, heiman. You're not allowed ANY viewpoints here. Just fishing reports and BS. I think we're all tired of long, drawn-out diatribes.

Watch your step, or Baldzilla will moderate your a$$.

Merry Christmas to all!

heimdall 12-19-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeDirt (Post 2953)
Close, heiman. You're not allowed ANY viewpoints here. Just fishing reports and BS. I think we're all tired of long, drawn-out diatribes.

Watch your step, or Baldzilla will moderate your a$$.

Merry Christmas to all!

DoeMud

I agree with no viewpoints, as long as it's applied evenly. I'm sure the guy that owns the site, would think that's fair.

mdracer 12-19-2009 11:08 AM

Thnaks to all of you for squashing this thread from the git go.

JoeDirt 12-19-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heimdall (Post 2957)
DoeMud

I agree with no viewpoints, as long as it's applied evenly. I'm sure the guy that owns the site, would think that's fair.

Don't give up, Ed. Maybe if you try hard enough, you can get the owner of this site in your back pocket also. Now, where are those hot chick pics?!??

goinsfishin 12-19-2009 12:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nuff Said ......