CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Obama's hands (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2200)

5th Tuition 04-26-2013 02:32 AM

Obama's hands

I rarely take a bath:eek: No it's not that I don't wash, it's just that I normally shower:D. Last night my wife drew me a bath and wanted me to soak and relax in some hot water.
I never noticed when showering, but I have Obama's hands:eek::eek:
I have been wearing long sleeved shirts, and the sun has given me a nice suntan on the tops of my hands (only). What an odd look:rolleyes:

PP did well yesterday thanks in part to Don (hunter) and Skip (27 sailfish). We got a call and followed their advise to some very nice fish.
Water temps are back to where I want them (57) and the fish are cooperating.

Off to work:)
5th

Skip 04-26-2013 07:09 PM

I was waiting for a joke along lines of : Real soft from never working hard.

Glad you're finding a few - by next week we'll have you using all # 64's :D

5th Tuition 04-27-2013 05:41 PM

Skip, took your suggestion and set all #64 bands and have not had a problem since.

However, it has been so rough out there that the planner board cable broke on us today:eek: I guess it was weakened from all the wave action last week. Today was light winds and the darn thing snapped at the rooftop brass snap swivel:rolleyes:

When it broke, I thought we had the new State record on a roof rod:D:D

With all hands on deck, we saved everything and got back to fishing in no time:)

I lightened all my rods (reduced the length off the boards) and had much better success today. We had one fish on today I would have loved to have seen. I set all my drags the same on the boat. They are set so that I can just budge them with my bare hands (any more drag and the #80 power pro would cut me:mad:). This fish stripped drag like it wasn't set. The inexperienced angler had him headed in with lots of head shakes. Half way to the boat, she spit the hook.

I hope she lays those eggs and they survive:):)

5th

Chessie27 04-27-2013 06:45 PM

Interesting....I just bought new planer lines today because I thought I might have been pressing my luck with my "only got caught in the prop once" lines. They have held up for a few years since then, BUT all this talk of flipping boards made me nervous. With the crowd that was out there today I wouldn't want people to hear me curse if one broke. Of course it would have been pale in compairision to ch68 today. Switched over to 72 per Mlag's suggestion- What a difference!!!

Maybe Fishing tomorrow morning and definetly Monday.

Sorry about the new world record getting away!!

Rivercat09 04-28-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 15566)
I lightened all my rods (reduced the length off the boards) and had much better success today. We had one fish on today I would have loved to have seen.

5th

So it sounds like they are higher up in the water column than normal?
This would make sense, as I nailed one on Friday on a single 2 oz chute back 100'

5th Tuition 04-28-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivercat09 (Post 15572)

So it sounds like they are higher up in the water column than normal?
This would make sense, as I nailed one on Friday on a single 2 oz chute back 100'

I have a single 9inch silver glitter shad that is 4oz. And back 5 bars, that I can't keep in the water:D. That's pretty light:eek:

We did well today with everything off the boards or on an umbrella back 144ft with 4 oz. added.

Just found out tomorrow's party canceled :). I sleep get to sleep in:confused:
5th

bhl 04-29-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 15563)
I rarely take a bath:eek: No it's not that I don't wash, it's just that I normally shower:D. Last night my wife drew me a bath and wanted me to soak and relax in some hot water.
I never noticed when showering, but I have Obama's hands:eek::eek:
I have been wearing long sleeved shirts, and the sun has given me a nice suntan on the tops of my hands (only). What an odd look:rolleyes:

PP did well yesterday thanks in part to Don (hunter) and Skip (27 sailfish). We got a call and followed their advise to some very nice fish.
Water temps are back to where I want them (57) and the fish are cooperating.

Off to work:)
5th

As long as you don't get Betty Davis Eyes :D

bhl (Bruce)

Rivercat09 04-29-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 15577)
I have a single 9inch silver glitter shad that is 4oz. And back 5 bars, that I can't keep in the water:D. That's pretty light:eek:

We did well today with everything off the boards or on an umbrella back 144ft with 4 oz. added.

Just found out tomorrow's party canceled :). I sleep get to sleep in:confused:
5th

Marty

Thanks for the positove feedback! I'm going to goose things and tyy and get them riding a little higher next time out.

Don