CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Above the bay bridge - 12/2 (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2040)

Chessie27 12-03-2012 08:08 AM

Above the bay bridge - 12/2

After a fog delay, tried LTJ at love point but tide moving too much. Put out 6 boat rods since wifey didn't feel like "messing with the boards" today. L P to Balt light passing the LP Bouy with nothing to show for it. Trolled from 25'- 55' of water. Did mark, but no bites. Pulled up at 2:00 and thought tide might have slowed enough to try jigging at Love Point. Ended up finding vessel in need of a tow instead of fish. Dragged them back to K N ramp before heading back up to Tolchester.
Nice day once the fog lifted and nice to be out with just my bride for a change. ;)

Spot77 12-03-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 14465)
After a fog delay, tried LTJ at love point but tide moving too much. Put out 6 boat rods since wifey didn't feel like "messing with the boards" today. L P to Balt light passing the LP Bouy with nothing to show for it. Trolled from 25'- 55' of water. Did mark, but no bites. Pulled up at 2:00 and thought tide might have slowed enough to try jigging at Love Point. Ended up finding vessel in need of a tow instead of fish. Dragged them back to K N ramp before heading back up to Tolchester.
Nice day once the fog lifted and nice to be out with just my bride for a change. ;)

Indeed not a terrible day at all.

....Except maybe for the poor guy you towed in. Thank you for doing that, and my Karma pay you back two-fold.

shoreboy6 12-03-2012 10:33 AM

Thought about making a right out of Tolchester Marina? I've heard some good news that way......

Chessie27 12-03-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoreboy6 (Post 14469)
Thought about making a right out of Tolchester Marina? I've heard some good news that way......

Did try the mouth of the Bush River briefly the other day. If nothing else, the fuel bill is much more managable. I am open to suggestions if your willing to share :)

Spot77 - I seem to tow people all the time for some reason. I actually bought the stuff to make up a decent tow rig today. Personally, I have unlimited towing with Boat US cause I would hate to be stranded out there, particularly this time of year when boat traffic is a lot lighter. And maybe Karma will help me out this upcoming weekend.

Spot77 12-04-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 14475)
Did try the mouth of the Bush River briefly the other day. If nothing else, the fuel bill is much more managable. I am open to suggestions if your willing to share :)

Spot77 - I seem to tow people all the time for some reason. I actually bought the stuff to make up a decent tow rig today. Personally, I have unlimited towing with Boat US cause I would hate to be stranded out there, particularly this time of year when boat traffic is a lot lighter. And maybe Karma will help me out this upcoming weekend.

I went through a period for about 2 or 3 years where I got REALLY good at towing people in with my little 15' bass boat.

It's a small boat, but with 90hp on it I was able to tow in a 24' cruiser AND get it backed into their slip. :eek:

The karma has been good to me.