CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Solomons (Trolling) Skunk Report (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=128)

JoeDirt 11-16-2009 10:00 AM

Solomons (Trolling) Skunk Report

Headed out Sunday with Joe Dirt Jr, Baldzilla, and Baldzilla Jr.
Jigged the CCNP discharge.
Caught three dinks.
Started the troll just N of the gas docks and trolled for about 5 hours
Two knockdowns.
That's it.
I don't wanna talk about it.

Fishamajig 11-16-2009 10:57 AM

It's OK...

"I don't wanna talk about it."

Apparently you do or you would have not posted...

It happens to all of us, more than folks admit. You could go out the very next day and it could be a totally different story. Don't personalize it!

ps ( I fell the same way after one of "those" trips)

JoeDirt 11-16-2009 11:05 AM

I've decided to blame it all on Baldzilla, so I'm feeling pretty good now.

Slayer 11-16-2009 11:24 AM

Wow JoeDirt..considering it was Baldzilla and you, I'd say that's a pretty good day! Now that you've shown your offspring what losers you guys are, do you think they'll ever respect you? :D

JoeDirt 11-16-2009 11:44 AM

Actually, we were employing what is dubbed the "Don't bring_em_on Special"--where you cruise all over the bay getting excited over marks on the FF, with nothing to show for it--except for a handful of dinks. ::middlefinger::

Slayer 11-16-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeDirt (Post 1222)
Actually, we were employing what is dubbed the "Don't bring_em_on Special"--where you cruise all over the bay getting excited over marks on the FF, with nothing to show for it--except for a handful of dinks. ::middlefinger::

lmao..It was still a better trip that you could have put together!!

Baldzilla 11-16-2009 12:39 PM

The old blame in on Baldzilla routine..I'll take my lumps, I mean it was my fault we were on the Dirtmobile which I had no control over, using a great new idea for a spread (let your white shads get so nasty and dirty that my ho thinks they are a new "brown shad" or use nothing but pink shads with red chutes, on rods that still had the price tags on them...but the good news is ole Joe and I can see eye to eye and say it sure was better than the day on the "Don't Slayem"..but it was fun jumping down whenever we saw a baitball, driving past it, then dropping jigs, jumping up and down and yelling "look at me I'm keith" ::moon::

I did try to explain to old Joe that it is not a skunk when you catch fish jigging...even though what he did was not jigging, ie accidentally having your jig with a twister tail on it, in the water as you help your kid and nearly having the rod pulled out of your hands when a fish accidentally swims by and hooks himself...

Slayer 11-16-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldzilla (Post 1224)
The old blame in on Baldzilla routine..I'll take my lumps, I mean it was my fault we were on the Dirtmobile which I had no control over, using a great new idea for a spread (let your white shads get so nasty and dirty that my ho thinks they are a new "brown shad" or use nothing but pink shads with red chutes, on rods that still had the price tags on them...but the good news is ole Joe and I can see eye to eye and say it sure was better than the day on the "Don't Slayem"..but it was fun jumping down whenever we saw a baitball, driving past it, then dropping jigs, jumping up and down and yelling "look at me I'm keith" ::moon::

So it's somehow my fault that I had two guys on board who were looking at my fishfinder, holding each others hand, as we drove over bait and yelling "oooooooooh, look at all that the bait..full throttle reverse!" and the other yelling "birds birds birds" at every seagull that went by??? :confused:

Baldzilla 11-16-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayer (Post 1225)
So it's somehow my fault that I had two guys on board who were looking at my fishfinder, holding each others hand, as we drove over bait and yelling "oooooooooh, look at all that the bait..full throttle reverse!" and the other yelling "birds birds birds" at every seagull that went by??? :confused:

Exactly, well minus the hand holding, ever hitting reverse, and yelling...but close...well no so much ::GreatBigFart::

B-Faithful 11-16-2009 01:39 PM

Sounds like you guys at least have some fun :D