CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Report- Solomons 12/14 (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=295)

B-Faithful 12-15-2009 01:42 PM

Report- Solomons 12/14

1 Attachment(s)
We had a tough day. We only landed two fish as well on an all day trip . One went just over 40" and the other was an under. I should have stayed up by bloody point where we had fish on Sat. We trolled and searched the area from the HI to the power plant. Not much bait or signs of anything. Given the reports at the ramp, I guess we should have felt lucky to find a couple.

Here is a photo a TF'er took of us trolling.. 100' of planerboard line looks longer when you arent on the boat.

Conjuror 12-15-2009 01:48 PM

Really sorry you had to be out in conditions like that, Greg. Must have been horrible. We were lucky, conditions here in the office were nowhere NEAR that badl!!:D:D

B-Faithful 12-15-2009 01:59 PM

We had a good chop on the ride home from the power plant.. blowing about 15 knots out of teh south on an outgoing tide. Most the day was very nice though;)

drichitt 12-15-2009 02:00 PM

Gotta take the (not so) bad with the good. Very wierd not to have a better day this time of year in the Solomons Greg. We gave it a long hard try looking for those rock. We even pulled lines and ran further north looking for some better marks. The spread was good and has been tested. If the fish ain't there, they can't bite. I had a great day fishing with you and Hockleyneck (Rich); good conversation with good friends. Thanks for inviting me....Don

spynet000 12-15-2009 03:06 PM

The Charter boys couldn't have asked for better timing as far as closing the season goes...The boys down in Va are hammering fish. Wont be long before CBBT is on fire- cross your fingers.

crabby and son 12-15-2009 04:06 PM

It is amazing how the fish stayed North this year. Last year it was ALL at Point Lookout in December...........Gary

goinsfishin 12-15-2009 06:35 PM

The fish are still north....yesterday a 37, 29 and a 22......today 2 41's, a 38, a 29, and 2 22's......lost a big one at the boat and another came unbuttoned......all in front of Deale on the western channel edge.
Shame the season ends today.

5th Tuition 12-15-2009 06:54 PM

......lost a big one at the boat and another came unbuttoned......all in front of Deale on the western channel edge.

I just want to make it perfectly clear; I was NOT fishing with Capt. Steve today:D. 5th (Marty)

goinsfishin 12-15-2009 07:24 PM

Maybe I should say that since we already had our over limit that the fish "self released" !

drichitt 12-15-2009 07:52 PM

Steve - You have probably had the best fishing grounds this fall right out your front door. Another reason I want to move to the Deale area:D....Don