CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Better Luck? (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3535)

No Ragrets 04-30-2018 01:40 PM

Better Luck?

Did anyone have better luck on the 2nd weekend? We went out Saturday and didn't mark nearly the amount of fish we did opening weekend. Ended up catching 3 shorts all on chartreuse this week. Smallest being 22" and biggest was 31". Sounded like a lot of people still got skunked in our area.

Mako mike 04-30-2018 03:02 PM

Wow a fishing report! Thought the crickets has taken over. Going to try tomorrow if winds lay down

No Ragrets 04-30-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako mike (Post 23287)
Wow a fishing report! Thought the crickets has taken over. Going to try tomorrow if winds lay down

Good Luck!!

5th Tuition 04-30-2018 06:08 PM

I'll be out tomorrow:D
5th

SportCC 04-30-2018 11:39 PM

Picked up a 39 1/2 on saturday south of BP on a chartreuse tandem

Spot77 05-01-2018 08:07 AM

The water temp jumped up pretty good over the past few days.......shouldn't be much longer before everyone has a decent report to post.

Mako mike 05-01-2018 04:44 PM

Trolled all day from anchorage to below radar towers. Only had one knock down all day that didn’t come tite. Had 51.5 water First thins am and had up to 55.5 when finished for the day. Everyone I spoke with had nothing when we headed for the barn. Guess on the positive side, it can’t get any worse?

5th Tuition 05-01-2018 04:46 PM

I sucked again today. Only my second trip but still can't get the skunk off the boat. Ran all the way down to the Gas Docks/Power Plant and found clean water past Ches. Beach, but no fish. Not much bait and can't say I ever marked a fish to get frustrated about not catching:mad:
I ran my boat early morning hitting both deep and shallow water. Second half of the morning I put Mark (Mlag) at the wheel to see if he could find us some fish.

We trolled 6 hours without a sniff:eek:

No jellies; can't blame it on them:D

Saw Greg Buckner (Miss Susie ll) catch two fish in our area, but he ran 42 rods:D

Saw one other charter catch a fish, and that's it. Saw three fish caught in 6 hrs of trolling.

Heard the bite was much better north of us (of course) with some boats doing very well, and several boats picking up one or two.

It's tough for sure:eek:
5th

C-MONSTER 05-01-2018 07:39 PM

Very close to giving all my gear away. Better yet if anyone wants to come hang out I'll be having a bonfire this weekend and we can roast marshmallows and Hotdogs over all of it. I did get word the few fish that were out there started to bite in the area I fished around 4. Figures because i reeled up at 3 🙄Marty it was a pleasure as always working with you today.

5th Tuition 05-01-2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-MONSTER (Post 23297)
Very close to giving all my gear away. Better yet if anyone wants to come hang out I'll be having a bonfire this weekend and we can roast marshmallows and Hotdogs over all of it. I did get word the few fish that were out there started to bite in the area I fished around 4. Figures because i reeled up at 3 🙄Marty it was a pleasure as always working with you today.

Wish I could have been more helpful. I sincerely thought I was going to get my three fish today; water Temps as high as 58*; bright sunshine (boards should have been hot), great water quality, no jellies, and a seasoned crew.
Three boats working the narrowest section of the bay (Taylors island to Gas Docks/Power Plant) and none of us had a fish:mad:
That's amazing:eek:
5th