CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   3/21 @ Bloody Point (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=599)

Chessie27 03-22-2010 02:41 PM

3/21 @ Bloody Point

Got out for a few hours on Sunday morning. We timed the slack tide just right:rolleyes:. Plan was a shakedown cruise and wanted to test the new rocket launchers out before the new regs kicked in. Ran 12 lines from 8:30 to 10:45. Got 2 knockdowns and caught 1 nice 32+/- incher. Caught on chart tandem chute about 80' off boards. Circled back thru 2 more times but nothing else. Marked VERY few fish at all out there. Most we did mark were deep, 30'-60'.
We had a good time just being out on the bay and everything ran well; what more can you ask for? A couple minor adjustments and (hopefully) a 14 rod spread will work great once the season opens.

Jeff
Sales Call

B-Faithful 03-22-2010 02:50 PM

We were out the day before. We counted 12 boats fishing and 4 were Judges! If you were out Sat, you would have made 5! Sounds like a little better fishing out there on Sat too :)

5th Tuition 03-22-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 5604)
We were out the day before. We counted 12 boats fishing and 4 were Judges! If you were out Sat, you would have made 5! Sounds like a little better fishing out there on Sat too :)

Watch out Greg; talk like that could produce restrictions on the number of Judge boats allowed on the water during PSCR:D.
5th (Marty)

B-Faithful 03-22-2010 03:45 PM

Marty, I am submitting my concerns to the SFAC tonight that not all boats were Maryland-made. I am going to note that should they require that all boats be made in Maryland for PSCR, It will reduce effort while potentially increasing economic impact to our state.

Skip 03-22-2010 04:03 PM

Really not bad for a few hours with slack current.
Thanks for info - heard PLO / Solomons has fish - so hopefully they move up here soon.

Chessie27 03-22-2010 04:05 PM

I did see Sykesville out on Sunday but that was it for Judges.

Good luck at tonight's meeting. I think that idea might work well for Bill's state too!! :D

Baldzilla 03-22-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 5604)

sounds like a nightmare :)

still waiting on my reports or have you kicked me out of the club cause I"m so damn mean to plastic boat owners...:eek:

B-Faithful 03-23-2010 07:12 AM

Mark you are always in the club. After all you have a Judge look-a-like :D

No big reports here. A trip two weeks ago when the water was cold gave me a skunk and the second trip was last weekend for only 3 hours that yielded only a few fish. I am sure you are more on the bite than me :)