CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My Rant About Speedboats (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=879)

garlien 06-14-2010 11:50 AM

My Rant About Speedboats

Ok....So I apologize up front if you are a responsible owner......

I am so freakin sick and tired of idiots in Donzai type boats blowing past me and other boaters...This is my own personal get a freakin wife and get laid message to all those guys that need to drive 60mph within 50 feet of other boaters who may be enjoying the water, fishing, etc....

I have held back on the rants over the last few years...Hey its everybodies Bay, but damn 3 times this weekend idiots blowing by, no waves, no i am sorry, no trying to avoid a group of boats, nothing...

I can only hope these wonderful, testoserone filled males find a really nice 2x4, log, or other solid debris, to meet thier hulls at 60mph....Maybe that will help them slow down....

Again, sorry...Just had to ge that off my chest....

Reverb 06-14-2010 01:00 PM

Feel better ????:D

5th Tuition 06-14-2010 01:26 PM

Hey Mike:D. Don't you know they have to run close to you to see if you are catching anything:eek:.
I can't believe the number of people who are so inconsiderate. They are not only on the water, they are everywhere. I guess all those kids that parents couldn't spank have grown up and bought fast toys.
Next time a donzi buzzs you; try yelling to him that he needs a "time out":D.
5th (Marty)

Bend-Lure 06-14-2010 03:58 PM

Those "go-fast" guys are on a message board somewhere bitching about fishermen in the channels, way-back lines and planer boards.

I'd rather ***** about sailboats, but thats a different story...

Bend-Lure 06-15-2010 10:26 AM

Wow - I just noticed that the word B eye T C H gets starred out. Tight security.

garlien 06-15-2010 10:33 AM

Thought u had done that on purpose.....

onefishnfool 06-15-2010 11:14 AM

It is definitely not just you. I was out by SP light and a boat was fishing about 50 - 100 feet away, a large, approx 40', cruiser came down the bay swerved to just miss him and then swerved to just miss me, going in between us. I could have jumped onto his boat he was so close. We were way out of the channel. This is why I go out early and come in by noon on the weekend if I go out at all. All the sailboats and cruisers start to come out about then and you are in their way.

garlien 06-15-2010 12:07 PM

So true about the weekends....I try to spend at least the evenings out during the week, whenever I can....

Just a shame that with all that space out there boats are still just missing folks that are out there fishing....

Blakesdad 06-15-2010 12:23 PM

*****, *****, ***** !!!!;)

Jeremy's right....:eek:

mark1234 06-15-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onefishnfool (Post 7548)
I was out by SP light and a boat was fishing about 50 - 100 feet away, a large, approx 40', cruiser came down the bay .

Right. This is not just a "speed boat type" problem. There are boaters of all shapes and sizes that don't give proper space. How many times has everyone been buzzed by the big cruisers that come within 20' feet of you, throwing the 4' wake?