CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Made it (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2643)

5th Tuition 07-23-2014 05:23 PM

Made it

Well it was a lot more present trip this time to Japan. The plane wasn't full and the wife and I had an extra seat in our row. Plenty of room to stretch out and sleep:D

Upon arrival in Kyoto, went out to see a festival that's being held this am. Last night everyone was out in the streets dressed in there finest yukatas and drinking, eating, socializing, and looking at the neighborhood " floats" which are built by certain "family crests" that hold dieaties (sp) (gods) and offerings. All lit up with baskets and kegs of saki. (Pics to follow if they will download, they are full of detail)
Just woke up to get ready to watch the parade, I'll get back to you later.
5th

5th Tuition 07-23-2014 06:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, let's try some pictures.

5th Tuition 07-23-2014 06:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Shogun or samurai family armor with arrows on right.

5th Tuition 07-23-2014 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Old Japanese man explaining his family "crest" woven into tapestry.

Chessie27 07-23-2014 08:54 PM

What a different culture. Please keep us updated on your travels; it will be like we are there too (minus the long a$$ flight and funny food) :D

Glad you made it and be safe

mlag 07-24-2014 07:19 AM

Have fun "Martysun":)

5th Tuition 07-24-2014 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey look, they have Tawn's shoes:eek:
He could work as a Captain or mate in Japan:D
5th

5th Tuition 07-24-2014 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I find this just amazing. When you flush the toilet, it fills from the back just like ours. However, they have a little spout that you can wash your hands with the water that is filling the tank. It's almost like a little sink on top of the toilet. You rinse your hands and the water runs into the tank filling it for the next flush.
5th

Chessie27 07-24-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 18237)
I find this just amazing. When you flush the toilet, it fills from the back just like ours. However, they have a little spout that you can wash your hands with the water that is filling the tank. It's almost like a little sink on top of the toilet. You rinse your hands and the water runs into the tank filling it for the next flush.
5th

Are you sure that's not for cleaning something else?? :D

It's a great idea for a water saver. With all those people, if it saved even a few an OZ of water per flush, it would add up to millions of gallons rather quickly.

5th Tuition 07-24-2014 10:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Judge Yachts hat made it to Japan.
5th