CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   A little competition ! (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3042)

cletus9000 11-11-2015 09:33 AM

My boat is in as well. Looking forward to it.

Mako mike 11-11-2015 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 20593)
Mike; that works for me. $50 boat entry fee. Even if I consider it too rough to fish, I'll kick in my $50 just to go to the marina and bullchit with other CBA's:D

I know the marina has grills available. Instead of a food signup, why not just let each boat bring what they want for themselves. For instance, I'll just probably throw a package of hot dogs/rolls, potato salad, chips, and beer into a cooler for my crew.
Because you and I are so close to the marina, we can throw a bag of charcoal into the back of our pickups for people to grill. I have plenty of old flares to start the coals:eek:

So count me in:D
5th

p.s.
If there are any guys that want to participate, but their boats are too far south (or they already pulled them), just post on here that you want a ride on a northern boat. We can see that they get a northern "host" for the tournament.
5th

Works for me if everyone wants to bring what they're going to eat.
I have plenty of charcoal at the marina so that is covered. I will post later today after talking to marina. Being the mayor over there I do not see any problems. Besides I don't think there will be too many idiots having a cookout on thanksgiving weekend besides us!

garlien 11-11-2015 10:38 AM

I am all for giving my entry fee to the other folks on this board.

Mako mike 11-11-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garlien (Post 20597)
I am all for giving my entry fee to the other folks on this board.

I am sure I'll have room for you Mike if you need a ride. I know you said you wanted to haul out for some work

Mako mike 11-11-2015 11:14 AM

Just got the ok from Atlantic Marina Resort, bring it on!
Will post cooridinants later.
Check out there website, it's a nice friendly place!
Now we gust got to get BOE and Judge Yachts involved

5th Tuition 11-11-2015 12:45 PM

We can run a little "Judge" tournament within the tournament. Largest rock caught on a Judge, wins the bragging rights for the year:D
5th

davem251 11-11-2015 07:24 PM

How about making this into a skill thing? I am thinking 10 points per fish (keeper and at the dock) plus a point per pound (or inch) of fish.

For the record, this hurts me when I think about the competition.

Rockin' Robin 11-11-2015 08:24 PM

I am in, although I am guessing that I will be fishing well south of the bridge so I doubt I will make the run up to the marina by boat.

5th Tuition 11-11-2015 10:14 PM

I'm not in favor of bringing in every fish caught. I don't normally get into many tournaments for this very reason. I have no problem bringing in a couple of fish trying to "win" the tournament, but if I have a 32 inch in the box, I have the option to throw back any 23 inch fish I catch:D

If we have enough boats enter, I have no problem with dividing the entry money to pay out three places; but we would need to have 10+ boats to make that worth while:eek:

This is the first year for a CBA tournament; lets keep it simple this year.
Just my opinion.
5th

Chessie27 11-12-2015 06:29 AM

Agree with simple, I is to dum four all dat addin stuf :eek::D.

Maybe a 50%, 30%, 20% split ?? An example for you "mathletes" - 10 boats at $50 each would be $250,150,100 PLUS, bragging rights and comrodere at the measure in. If we are splitting prize $, in an effort to spread the wealth and cut down on the number of fish killed in hopes of a 1st -3rd place sweep, maybe only 1 fish per boat is allowed at measure in?? Just a thought....