CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Unemployed; the good, the bad and the ugly (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1479)

Spot77 10-31-2011 03:57 PM

Unemployed; the good, the bad and the ugly

Welp, add me onto the 10+% of the nation's unemployed.:(

Good news is that I should be able to fish a little more until the Job Fairy lands at my feet.

And I'll be on cbangler.com a WHOLE lot more. :D

Maybe I'll finally really learn how to fish for those BIG Stripers.

crabby and son 10-31-2011 05:11 PM

I hope you find a good job soon. I lost my business and am working at Home Depot and scrounging on the side................Gary

5th Tuition 10-31-2011 06:17 PM

Damn; I hope you find something fast. What kind of job were you doing?
5th

Spot77 10-31-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabby and son (Post 11609)
I hope you find a good job soon. I lost my business and am working at Home Depot and scrounging on the side................Gary

Thanks Gary. For now I'll be playing Mr. Mom while my wife finishes up her EMT certification.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 11612)
Damn; I hope you find something fast. What kind of job were you doing?
5th

Sales.:( Worst kind of job to have in a crappy economy.

Specifically I sold industrial, marine and high end residential coatings. Everything from polysiloxanes and methyl methacrylates to latex ceiling paint. :rolleyes:

5th Tuition 10-31-2011 08:36 PM

Wow. and I was just looking for some polysiloxanes last weekend:eek:.

But seriously, I hope you find something soon.
5th

Spot77 10-31-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 11615)
Wow. and I was just looking for some polysiloxanes last weekend:eek:.

But seriously, I hope you find something soon.
5th

You can never have enough polysiloxanes around the house. :D

Thanks Marty.

Skip 10-31-2011 09:21 PM

What other skills do you have ? ( Oh , is that ever a loaded question here ).

I install insulation on pipes and now / then need extra help for a few days.

It's mostly common sense type stuff / clean up / handing material up a ladder / etc.

Also help a buddy with roofing / home improvements - same deal , some times we need extra short term help.

Spot77 10-31-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 11619)
What other skills do you have ? ( Oh , is that ever a loaded question here ).

I install insulation on pipes and now / then need extra help for a few days.

It's mostly common sense type stuff / clean up / handing material up a ladder / etc.

Also help a buddy with roofing / home improvements - same deal , some times we need extra short term help.

I'm pretty handy and I don't mind ladders up to about 32'....sometimes I get a little shaky on 40 ft'ers depending on where they're set up.

Only done minor roofing jobs, but I don't mind doing the grunt work for fair pay.

I'm a GREAT painter, done a ton of cpvc plumbing work on my own house, a little basic carpentry, etc.

If you find you need an extra set of hands, send me a private message here...I spend enough time here that I'll get the message quick enough.

Thanks Skip.

Steve F 11-01-2011 06:37 AM

Scott,
I sure hope you can find something permanent but just think about this, if you happen to help Skip out on the side he might just take you out on the boat and teach you a few things about trolling. :D

Spot77 11-01-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve F (Post 11621)
Scott,
I sure hope you can find something permanent but just think about this, if you happen to help Skip out on the side he might just take you out on the boat and teach you a few things about trolling. :D

Exactly!

There's an upside to everything......more time on the water certainly won't hurt my feelings. My bank account perhaps.....:rolleyes: