CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Most useless fishing gift (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=332)

5th Tuition 12-26-2009 10:05 AM

Most useless fishing gift

OK; so all your relatives know you have a fishing passion. What's the worst fishing gift you received for Christmas. I got "The Ultimate Fishing Tool". It has a built in scale (to 18 lbs), a flashlight, a knife, a pair of scissors, and a tape measure (to 3 ft). It was a good thought, but it looks like it is not a quality item. I expect it to last about two trips before half the stuff stops working.
Don't get me wrong; I'm not ungratefull; it's just that it appears that some good money was spent on a crappy product. 5th (Marty)

Slayer 12-26-2009 12:21 PM

Well, I can't think of anything myself but I know this one guy that got a (get this) a dip net one year...what a knee slapper it was watching that guy trying to learn how to use such a complicated piece of equipment...what a goon! :D

Skip 12-26-2009 01:13 PM

The singing Bass - got three of them over the years :D

5th Tuition 12-26-2009 01:42 PM

Keith; I'm great with a net:rolleyes:. It's about 4 inches by 3 inches and I can dip spot out of the livewell with the best of them:D. I do however, have trouble with that last spot in a round livewell. I seem to chase him around for a while until I remember to pull the plug and drain it to give him less water to "swim" around in.
p.s. I would have eventually netted that 60 incher if Mark didn't buy his line from Kmart:eek:. 5th (Marty)

Slayer 12-26-2009 02:32 PM

Actually, I think Mark was stealing line out of those little fishing line recycling bins you see at the docks and spooling up with those. Tried to tell me he was just adding a top shot but I know better!

Baldzilla 12-26-2009 05:43 PM

How do I always get dragged into conversations between you two neanderthals!! :D

Slayer 12-26-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldzilla (Post 3198)
How do I always get dragged into conversations between you two neanderthals!! :D

Well, the original thread subject line contained the word "useless" so it was just a natural fit to bring up your name. :cool:

Baldzilla 12-26-2009 09:03 PM

::bigfathairymoon::

goinsfishin 12-26-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 3194)
The singing Bass - got three of them over the years :D

Goes good with the rubber Bass hat......I have a few of them....

Spot77 12-26-2009 09:58 PM

I can't really complain; I did ok on the fishing stuff people bought me.....a bunch of jig heads, bass assasins, Storm swim shads and a bunch of misc tackle.

My dad got me a really nice rod holder for the garage.:D

Nobody got me the new boat I wanted though.....:rolleyes: