CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Not a great day on the river (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2740)

bhl 11-16-2014 10:01 PM

Not a great day on the river

Fished the Patapsco this morn. with some neighbors. Cold but not as bad as yesterday. got lines in at 9:00 and fish for 4 hours with one 21" to show for the effort. Bait was scattered as were the fish but I still saw enough to stay awake. Maybe next year. I'm pulling boat this week. Good luck and safe boating to all.

bhl (Bruce)

5th Tuition 11-16-2014 10:55 PM

Saturday convinced me to put the boat on the trailer. Looks like I will be fishing out of Chesapeake Beach or Point Lookout (if the big girls show).
You are welcome to hitch a ride.

I even have the Mr Buddy heater set up inside:D
5th

Chessie27 11-17-2014 05:03 AM

Pulling this week? :eek: This is 1 of the best times of year to own a boat like yours! :D. The slim picking this weekend is to make up for the ass stomping you gave that little ES girl last weekend with a 46.5". Karma is a beeAach! Same reason Marty was setting lines all day (Margaret says thanks Lou).
Now put on your big boy pants and get back out there damn it!!! :p

OverCooked 11-17-2014 09:50 AM

These reports are getting depressing... I couldn't make it out this weekend, but sounds like I didn't miss much. To make matters worse some friends from NJ lit them up yesterday and Saturday in good numbers...:mad:Maybe they are coming to us soon??:confused:

B-Faithful 11-17-2014 10:11 AM

We needed a cold front to pull all the bait out of the rivers.. Bite will get hot soon on big fish. I remember a couple of years ago having a good bite on fat residents, my dad coming down for a visit and getting skunked after a cold front pushed through, only to have a 35+ fish day on big fish the following weekend.

Here is to hoping for a hot weekend coming up! :)

bhl 11-17-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 18761)
Pulling this week? :eek: This is 1 of the best times of year to own a boat like yours! :D. The slim picking this weekend is to make up for the ass stomping you gave that little ES girl last weekend with a 46.5". Karma is a beeAach! Same reason Marty was setting lines all day (Margaret says thanks Lou).
Now put on your big boy pants and get back out there damn it!!! :p

My boat is not under cover. I shoveled snow out of it 3 times last year before I pulled it the 2nd week of December. Also, my insurance only covers me until 1st of December in the water. It's just not worth the gamble. The year I bought the boat, it was iced in behind Bill's house for a month. I don't need all that excitement.
bhl (Bruce)

OverCooked 11-17-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 18764)
We needed a cold front to pull all the bait out of the rivers.. Bite will get hot soon on big fish. I remember a couple of years ago having a good bite on fat residents, my dad coming down for a visit and getting skunked after a cold front pushed through, only to have a 35+ fish day on big fish the following weekend.

Here is to hoping for a hot weekend coming up! :)

I hope your right!

Chessie27 11-17-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl (Post 18766)
My boat is not under cover. I shoveled snow out of it 3 times last year before I pulled it the 2nd week of December. Also, my insurance only covers me until 1st of December in the water. It's just not worth the gamble. The year I bought the boat, it was iced in behind Bill's house for a month. I don't need all that excitement.
bhl (Bruce)

Ok I can understand that. I am actually a little worried about an icey ramp when we pull ours out. Hopefully this freezing snap is short lived and the bigger fish hang around for a bit longer.

garlien 11-18-2014 10:20 AM

The last week was horrible for me as well...Got out twice, did not see as much bait as a couple of weeks ago, and for me in a center console, it was cold as....well you know...

I have some faith that we will get one last waive of bait and fish moving in/out but I think I am going to join the crowd and pull my boat on the 30th....

Marty, I have weeks of vacation to take before the year ends...If you need someone to share the Mr. Buddy, let me know. I am even up for an overnight to PLO, CBBT, or OC if any of those float you boat....

:cool:

Spot77 11-21-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garlien (Post 18773)
The last week was horrible for me as well...Got out twice, did not see as much bait as a couple of weeks ago, and for me in a center console, it was cold as....well you know...

I have some faith that we will get one last waive of bait and fish moving in/out but I think I am going to join the crowd and pull my boat on the 30th....

Marty, I have weeks of vacation to take before the year ends...If you need someone to share the Mr. Buddy, let me know. I am even up for an overnight to PLO, CBBT, or OC if any of those float you boat....

:cool:

Yeah even I have some free time coming up.

Sunday or Monday? Erin comes back Monday I think but she sure as hell won't want to hang out with me.