CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Lots of birds! (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=648)

shilo 04-02-2010 01:46 PM

Lots of birds!

2 Attachment(s)
The gannets found the fish for us today. The pictures don't really do the birds any justice, there were at least three miles of birds stretched out. We trolled over to them but jigged once we got there. We caught both ways. They were not in the usual areas today. We didn't see any boat within twenty miles of us. Not one boat out there. It was the best day I have had in a long time! Thanks to Cowboy whose brand new boat we took on it's maiden voyage we had a great day. Hopefully this is a sign of good fishing on his boat in the future!

jwittman 04-02-2010 03:18 PM

WOW...3 miles of birds....that must have been an awesome sight to see. Glad to see you guys got into them. Now send them north.:D

5th Tuition 04-02-2010 07:21 PM

Damn Mike; here we are up north wasting gas and getting frustrated and you're down there in the biggest "honey hole" on the bay. I wish I could get down more often. Glad to see they are holding tight in your area.
Say Hi to Christy; see you soon. 5th (Marty)

crabby and son 04-02-2010 07:59 PM

The Point Lookout area has always been hotter than the upper bay but it will get good soon up here too. Just as many thought on here; the fish are a few weeks behind schedule..........I hope:eek:I hope people realize the late spawn and release some of the big egg ladden females after the season begins.............Gary

one fish 04-02-2010 08:09 PM

WOW WTG.

thanks for the rpt. must have been awesome.:D:D

shilo 04-03-2010 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one fish (Post 6071)
WOW WTG.

thanks for the rpt. must have been awesome.:D:D

Hi guys. I am going to do my best to keep up a little better than last year with fishing info and conditions. I made a facebook page for Buzz's this week which should help also.

I'll do my best. Christy

5th Tuition 04-03-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilo (Post 6076)
Hi guys. I am going to do my best to keep up a little better than last year with fishing info and conditions. I made a facebook page for Buzz's this week which should help also.

I'll do my best. Christy

Thanks Christy; First, you are located in a great area to fish for multible species of fish. Second, you have two nice ramps with gas, tackle, boat supplies, and bait available. Third, you and Mike always give out the most recent fishing information available. I can't think of any reason not to go out of Buzz's Marina when fishing down that way.
Another plus this year is that if Charlie (Ida Mae) is a charter mate up north this year; there should be more rock and flounder for us to catch out of St Jeromes Creek this year:D.
Keep up the good work; 5th (Marty)

Ida Mae 04-03-2010 05:32 PM

Hey Marty....I DONT SLEEP......Theres plenty of time in the day to "double bang em"....i'll save ya a couple though.....;)we'll see ya soon.....

rbschou 04-04-2010 05:30 AM

Nice report Mike. I ran down that way on Thursday and ran into a few but not that many. Fishing is really heating up!

Rob