CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   non fishing report (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=618)

Fish Nut 03-26-2010 12:58 PM

non fishing report

Well hear we go no fishing report. Trying to get out the fish gods have frowned upon me. Working on electronics and getting the boat in tip top conditions when I realized I messed up big time.

Some information for you guys.,.. I remove my props each year to cheek for fishing line and anything else that can get caught behind a prop and eat a seal.

Lat year I removed the props placed anti seize on the shaft. Anti seize is not for marine application it contains copper. Her is what happened Stainless steal shaft Coper anti seize and aluminum props add salt water. Now the prop is seized on the shaft. Mostlikley I will have to heat the prop pop the hub out and cut off the hub and have a new hub pressed in the prop.

Electrolysis got to love it…

SO DON’T USE ANTI SIEZE ON YOUR PROP shafts. Stick with lubra plate or grease.

I am working my but off to go fishing……

240 LTS 03-26-2010 01:13 PM

As Johnny Carson would say, "I did not know that!"

Good info,
thanks,
Jeff

terpheels 03-26-2010 02:48 PM

duoprop? Very common problem especially w/the rear prop. How long have u had the boat?

5th Tuition 03-26-2010 02:49 PM

K-Y Jelly:D 5th (Marty)

Skip 03-26-2010 04:19 PM

Thanks for info. Hopefully you do not damage anything getting the prop off.

drichitt 03-26-2010 08:56 PM

Does your partner know of this yet?:eek:

Fish Nut 03-26-2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drichitt (Post 5817)
Does your partner know of this yet?:eek:

Yes the old man knows about it. :mad: For 30 some years I watched him put regular grease on the props ( Lubra plate white lithium grease.) then I come along and think I can teach this old dog a new trick. The new fangled crap is just that CRAP.:confused:

I have figure out what I need to fix it but Its going to cost me 140.00 and some elbow greases and some I told you so. :eek:

Live and learn

Oh wait until you guys see the new electronics package I am putting in……….:)

Baldzilla 03-26-2010 09:12 PM

You are having a rough winter buddy!!! You should have just come on the Tuna trip and at least you would have had the memories!!! :D

Fish Nut 03-27-2010 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldzilla (Post 5819)
You are having a rough winter buddy!!! You should have just come on the Tuna trip and at least you would have had the memories!!! :D

I should have went with you Mark. Dinner with the wife wasen't that good.:D Tuna Sashimi would have been better

It’s a boat no reason to get mad, Fix it and go fishing.

I won’t take my aggravation on the boat. I might kick the dog and beat the wife a little.:D:D:D

As far as anti seize or any anti seize lubrication product it is important in marine application to make sure in doesn’t contain any metal which will set up a dielectric effect.

Hopefully, my mistake can save you guys some $$$ and aggravation..

Good new I will have new hubs in the props :)