CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Is there a Computer Nerd here ??? (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1235)

Blakesdad 02-27-2011 04:09 PM

Is there a Computer Nerd here ???

Hey, I have a Cannon SX 120 camera. Haven't used in 6 months. Took some shots today, went to transfer to home computer. Normally I use USB plug it in, turn it on and everything practically does the work for me.

I keep getting an error that the connection isn;t working. Its clearly plug in. So I fuss and fuss, and fuss. Even reinstalled software and nada. I know USB works, cuz I use one of the two for my mouse.

So then I take out my lap top, repeat above paragraph and everything works fine, just like its supposed to.

Any clues ???

I have, since I last downloaded pictures, added a Cannon Fax/Copier/Scanner.. Maybe a conflict somewhere ???

Please insert your expertise... Here........

5th Tuition 02-27-2011 05:02 PM

I don't have to reply to every thread, I don't have to reply to every thread, I don't have to reply to every thread.....

No, seriously, I don't have a clue. I hope it's something simple and you can post pictures for us soon.

Good luck Brian;
5th (Marty)

Skip 02-27-2011 05:58 PM

Might just have been some corrosion / dirt on one of the tiny connections - since you did not use it for 6 months.

Plugging it in a few times might have cleaned it.

jumbo1 02-27-2011 06:25 PM

If it's a picture of jack, no one wants to see it...:cool:
Maybe the fish is to BIG for the pic?......

oldfart 02-28-2011 07:41 AM

brian go to control panel, system, device manager, open, go to the bottom of the list, system devices, open, should show all of the usb crap. you will get an indicator if one of the ports isn't working. call me if you want

uncljohn 02-28-2011 11:40 AM

How many USB ports do you have? Possible your Canon Fax/Copier/Scanner took control of a USB port and that port is now dedicated to ONLY the scanner/copier. On older PC's you had to designate "Port #1" or "Port #2" when installing printers and such. On newer PCs w/ multiple USB ports, it shouldn't matter, but who knows.

You have to have more than 1 USB, have you tried all of them?

Blakesdad 02-28-2011 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Guys thanks, but all my USBs work.

Why is life so ****ing difficult...

Jamie, you want a picture of Jack, PLUS holding a big fish ????:eek::eek::eek:

Hereya go.. Its years old....:rolleyes:

oldfart 02-28-2011 03:01 PM

how come Jack has the littlest fish?

smells like fish 03-01-2011 05:11 PM

Brian-

Is the desktop's OS up to date? There may have been a new release to correct that issue. Have you tried different USB inputs? Sometimes just simply trying another input corrects the problem. I'm assuming that you are using a pc and not a mac? If it was a mac, you wouldn't be having this problem. :D