CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Chesapeake Beach LTJ 11/1 (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=1090)

drichitt 11-02-2010 08:55 AM

Chesapeake Beach LTJ 11/1

We launched at Ches Beach and fished around Sharps Island and up in the Tank yesterday; mostly chasing birds with the light sticks. Birds were somewhat active in the morning but as the day waned on they seemed to lose interest. We jigged up a number of fish up to 22" but just could not entice a nicer grade. It was very frustrating to see plenty of larger fish suspended throughout the water column but not interested in feeding. Lots and lots of birds sitting on the water and up in the air looking; had a good incoming tide as well:confused: Gonna try to get out tomorrow near the BB area to see what I can find and continue to get my new HDS & SS dialed in. Dying to see what one of those pilings looks like in real time...Don

Above report dedicated to 5th Tuition:D

Jalopy 11-02-2010 09:20 AM

Way to get out there Don, Can't wait til I can go with you. Maybe next week?
John

drichitt 11-02-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalopy (Post 8812)
Way to get out there Don, Can't wait til I can go with you. Maybe next week?
John

Let me know what day is good for you

Skip 11-02-2010 03:17 PM

Give me a call - might need a favor with that side scan.

B-Faithful 11-02-2010 03:23 PM

Nice report..

BTW, dont let Skip fool you. Now that it is getting colder he is looking for guys with pilothouses, not guys with structure scan :D

Hockleyneck 11-03-2010 08:35 AM

Don,
What size you get and does the wife know about it? You can always give her the "honey you never noticed that".:) Congrats on the fish, I hope to have my boat back by Friday.

5th Tuition 11-03-2010 03:16 PM

Don; thanks for the report. Congratulations on the HDS.
5th (Marty)

jumbo1 11-04-2010 07:12 PM

Glad to see you didn't whip out those broomsticks...:D
Seems as though now the better fish are away from the birds and noise from the unlimited amount of hook n' liners......

drichitt 11-05-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumbo1 (Post 8859)
Glad to see you didn't whip out those broomsticks...:D
Seems as though now the better fish are away from the birds and noise from the unlimited amount of hook n' liners......

Agreed, the fish we found were no where near the H&L fleet.

drichitt 11-05-2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockleyneck (Post 8820)
Don,
What size you get and does the wife know about it?

HDS-10 with Structure Scan and it was her idea. She found the Structure Scan (brand new in an unopened box) at a yard sale ($250) and said it was too good to pass up.:o I said OK, had the HDS ordered that evening and had it installed 3 days later. There is no more questioning whether it is bait or fish under the boat or missing a school (bait or fish) 100' off to the side.