CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Fish are on the way (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=3508)

Mako mike 02-28-2018 04:09 PM

Fish are on the way

1 Attachment(s)
Friend of mine is a seafood broker and sent me these pics today from what the commercial guys are catching in the bay down in Virginia. Hopefully they leave us some!!!

5th Tuition 02-28-2018 09:46 PM

Capt John is splashing next week:D
5th

Spot77 03-01-2018 10:47 AM

I've seen about a dozen boats out over the past few days as I cross the bridge in the mornings. It would be nice to know if if they're catching anything.

Welcome to March 1!

Mako mike 03-01-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spot77 (Post 23147)
I've seen about a dozen boats out over the past few days as I cross the bridge in the mornings. It would be nice to know if if they're catching anything.

Welcome to March 1!

I crossed the bridge Thursday and saw one lone boat between the spans fishing. Looking north there was a lot of muddy water and a lot of debris though!

5th Tuition 03-01-2018 02:40 PM

Crossed the Key bridge today on my way to Cutter Marine to get parts and the water was dead calm.
I didn't notice any boats or debris; but all that is coming down the Susky.
Take my boat next week for service:D
5th

Spot77 03-07-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 23149)
Crossed the Key bridge today on my way to Cutter Marine to get parts and the water was dead calm.
I didn't notice any boats or debris; but all that is coming down the Susky.
Take my boat next week for service:D
5th

I've seen pics of all that mess from the dam, but so far the water is as clean as....well about as clean(ish) as it normally is.

5th Tuition 03-07-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spot77 (Post 23162)
I've seen pics of all that mess from the dam, but so far the water is as clean as....well about as clean(ish) as it normally is.

Yesterday;
There was a "tide line" of sticks and debris north of the Key Bridge, but most of the water seemed okay.
5th

5th Tuition 03-13-2018 03:50 AM

Well;
It's 4:42am as I start typing this. Getting myself ready for an early morning fishing trip out of Deale. Yesterday was a great day for us, we picked up several large fish in deep water trolling our spread.
No; No; No;

It's not quite that time yet:mad: I wish it were, and I really was getting ready for a fishing trip:eek:

Just wanted you to know, the wife and I saw our first breeding pair of Osprey's on Saturday when we were on the South River. The park ranger said the males have been here for over a week (they arrive first to claim territory); however, the females just arrived.
This week looks to be windy and still a bit chilly. I guess it's a good time to have the boat at the mechanic's shop:D

As soon as the weather breaks, I'll give a report from "on the water":)
5th

Spot77 03-13-2018 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5th Tuition (Post 23181)
Well;
It's 4:42am as I start typing this. Getting myself ready for an early morning fishing trip out of Deale. Yesterday was a great day for us, we picked up several large fish in deep water trolling our spread.
No; No; No;

It's not quite that time yet:mad: I wish it were, and I really was getting ready for a fishing trip:eek:

Just wanted you to know, the wife and I saw our first breeding pair of Osprey's on Saturday when we were on the South River. The park ranger said the males have been here for over a week (they arrive first to claim territory); however, the females just arrived.
This week looks to be windy and still a bit chilly. I guess it's a good time to have the boat at the mechanic's shop:D

As soon as the weather breaks, I'll give a report from "on the water":)
5th

No Osprey yet in any of the boxes that I can see from my house. :mad:

The Purple Martins are supposed to arrive around the end of the week.

And yes, the winds here....even today are already bad.