CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How to post photo's? (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2046)

5th Tuition 12-05-2012 07:44 PM

How to post photo's?

I feel quite stupid. I've been trying to post photo's for the last 40 minutes:eek:

1 I took photo's with my iphone
2 I emailed the photo's to my email address
3 I saved the photo's to my desktop (pc not a mac)
4 I open CBA websight
5 I go to the thread I want and click on "Reply"
6 I type in my message
7 I go to "manage attachment"
8 I go to browse
9 I type in the name of the photo I saved in my desktop
10 I hit "download"
11 It comes up photo too large

So I go back and try to find a program on my computer to downsize the photo. I found a "paint" program that let's me resize, but it either is always too big, or tiny, tiny, tiny
WTHell

Breakaway 12-05-2012 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just attached this picture from yesterday and it was re-sized automatically. The original size was about 2mb and it was re-sized to 95.5kb when I clicked upload. I didn't need to do anything special.

I have also used a free program called VSO Image Re-Sizer when I have needed to scale down the size of a picture. Another option is to open an account with Photobucket and upload the photo and then use the url.

Edit: I just saw the picture was from an iphone. Should have bought an Android. J/K ;)

drichitt 12-05-2012 11:50 PM

Very nice fish Jeff. That the 42 from Tue?

drichitt 12-05-2012 11:55 PM

How to Use Photobucket to Post Pictures

I have a terrific tutorial (PDF format) on how to use Photobucket to include perfect pictures here on CBAngle or that other fishing site. Send me your email address and I will be happy to send it to you.....Don

5th Tuition 12-06-2012 08:42 AM

Thanks Don; sent my email address

Breakaway 12-06-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drichitt (Post 14494)
Very nice fish Jeff. That the 42 from Tue?

Yeah Don that was a pretty fish. Did you hear anything about the 60lber. that was supposedly caught on Tuesday? Wonder if it was just a rumor?

Spot77 12-06-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drichitt (Post 14495)
I have a terrific tutorial (PDF format) on how to use Photobucket to include perfect pictures here on CBAngler or that other fishing site. Send me your email address and I will be happy to send it to you.....Don

If it's not too much trouble, could you copy and paste it here?

I told Marty I would post instructions last night and I was just too darned tired to even turn on the computer when I got home. :o

A really easy way to resize a photo is to open it with PAINT, click on "Image" at the top, then "Stretch/Skew" I usually get it down to about 40% by 40% and it works well.

It's not the BEST way to do it, but it's quick and easy.

Hopefully we'll have some nice pictures to post tomorrow evening. :cool:

5th Tuition 12-06-2012 11:07 AM

Well I got some in my post; but I still need to experiment how to get multible photos in the same post.:D