CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Thanks Don and Skip out of SPSP 4/30 (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2212)

B-Faithful 04-30-2013 02:25 PM

Thanks Don and Skip out of SPSP 4/30

Spoke to Don this morning about 8am who was teamed up with Skip to find fish and they let me know of a good bite they were on. I made a bunch of calls to try to find a crew last minute with no luck so I decided to make a stab at it going solo. I left my house at 10am and needed to be home by 2:30 to get my daughters off the bus. It was certainly worth the while as the bite was on despite only running half my spread and being solo. I even got two over 40" (without pinching the tail ;) )

Thanks for the intel fellas. It was a memorable trip for me! I hope to call you all in on the bite soon too.

Skip 04-30-2013 05:11 PM

To call one of us in for the bite - you'll need to launch before 6:00am :D

Glad you got a few.

5th Tuition 04-30-2013 05:44 PM

Don let me in on the good bite as well:D. I got a text message from him and I asked what depth water he was in. I knew we were too far away to run in his direction, the tide would have changed by then:eek:

We slid into the right water depth and began hooking up too:). We finished with our limit, a short:mad:, and a good knockdown.

Customers were happy, tips were good.

I sure got wet today from all those clouds; it's a good thing it didn't call for rain:rolleyes:

Thanks Don,
5th

drichitt 04-30-2013 08:04 PM

Glad everybody got their fish and had a good day out there. I know we did:D

B-Faithful 05-01-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 15625)
To call one of us in for the bite - you'll need to launch before 6:00am :D

Sorry, I need my beauty sleep :D

Marty, I was actually in deeper water than those guys but in the same vacinity.

Glad everyone had a good day :)

PS. I thought about naming the thread one man, one boat (11 rods) :D

mark1234 05-01-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Faithful (Post 15634)

I thought about naming the thread one man, one boat (11 rods) :D

I'm familiar with that name.

Internet reports are good, but friends on the water are invaluable!

I didn't get a call as a Ho.:( A 10-2 trip fits right in my wheelhouse! I could sneak out for a long lunch and nobody would know the difference. Besides, Don's 5:30 departure time is tough on some of us.

Glad to see you had a good day.

drichitt 05-01-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark1234 (Post 15635)
Besides, Don's 5:30 departure time is tough on some of us.

But early birds get the MOST worms:D

B-Faithful 05-01-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark1234 (Post 15635)
I'm familiar with that name.

Internet reports are good, but friends on the water are invaluable!

I didn't get a call as a Ho.:( A 10-2 trip fits right in my wheelhouse! I could sneak out for a long lunch and nobody would know the difference. Besides, Don's 5:30 departure time is tough on some of us.

Glad to see you had a good day.

Mark, I wish I had thought to call you. I only called those who lived within few miles of me because it was so last minute. Hind sight I wish I had, it was a lot of work .

It certainly is easier to sleep in, get the kids on the bus, and let don find the fish for me :D