CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   CBA Meeting with Don (Hunter) (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2605)

5th Tuition 06-22-2014 04:57 PM

CBA Meeting with Don (Hunter)

As many know, Don (Hunter) and his lovely wife Dawn have left Maryland for the Florida Keys:mad:
Don and Dawn will be returning to Maryland this week to tidy up some business and visit some family. They are available on Wed. evening and I thought it would be a good time to put together a CBA meeting and also BS with Don and Dawn about their experiences in the Keys.
Soooooo, anyone that can make it to Mikes Crabhouse North in Pasadena Wed. night, let's meet and talk summer fishing. Come when you can, I will be there around 6:30 and we will stay as long as you want:D
The beer is cold and the food is good. Let's give Don a nice send off to warmer waters:eek:

Wives are welcome:)
5th

Post if you can make it.

5th Tuition 06-22-2014 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picture from Don

Skip 06-22-2014 06:56 PM

Damn , going away all week with grandkids.

I call dibs on first week in January at their Fla. place :D

Chessie27 06-22-2014 07:14 PM

Margaret and I are in and will be there between 6:00 and 6:30.

ps- we would like the first week in Feb!!! :D (Don't worry Don, just a day trip on our way to Key West! :D)

Hunter 06-22-2014 08:23 PM

Looking forward to seeing everyone and thanks to Marty for putting something together on such short notice. Might just be me as I think Dawn's family has something in the works for her that evening.

mlag 06-23-2014 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter (Post 18061)
Might just be me as I think Dawn's family has something in the works for her that evening.

Well dang................then I aint going:D

bhl 06-23-2014 08:13 AM

Marty, I would love to be there, but I will be in Salt Lake till Thursday.
Don, All the best to you and Dawn. Save some Mahi for me. I usually hit Isle Marada once a year. I'll have to look you up next time we go down.
bhl (Bruce)
36 Judge "HOOK 'EM

B-Faithful 06-23-2014 08:28 AM

Dang! I have a work event at the Orioles game that night. If there is a rain-out, I will try to make it.

I guess we will just have to go fishing instead Don! :)

Jalopy 06-23-2014 08:51 AM

Bye Bye

I will try to make it.
John

Fish Nut 06-24-2014 04:55 AM

Put me down for two seats. I have a new custom jigging stick I need Don to look at.

Hockleyneck 06-24-2014 05:24 AM

Sorry I will miss everyone, but I am in OC for the week.

justchillin 06-24-2014 07:39 AM

Just got password reset . Sorry Marty just saw what you had told me to look for lol. Unfortunately i can't make it out Wednesday night. Sent Don a text while i was booted off wishing him best of luck and thanks for the invite

Hunter 06-24-2014 01:07 PM

Soon as I told Dawn about this get together and there would be crabs available she was on the phone getting her family event moved to tonight so she will be with me:D

mlag 06-24-2014 01:43 PM

She just misses me:p

5th Tuition 06-24-2014 06:19 PM

Remember, Mikes Crabhouse NORTH in Pasadena. See you all there tomorrow.
5th

Just heard from Rick (FishOff Gloves), he will make it and have some gloves if you need any. The water temps are picking up and we are seeing more sick fish. Buy a pair of gloves for a friend:)
Marty

1morecast 06-24-2014 08:02 PM

Wish I could make it but I have to work till 6:00 and then a two hour drive on top.Best wishes Don and Dawn down in Florida.Sure do miss fishing with you Don.

Chessie27 06-25-2014 01:36 PM

Weather this evening is looking a bit less desirable than it does outside right now but we are still coming. May be closer to 6:30 but are planning on hanging out as long as you all will let us. See you later this evening!

Marty- if it's pouring down rain when we get there, do you mind tying the boat up for me? :D

5th Tuition 06-25-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chessie27 (Post 18083)
Weather this evening is looking a bit less desirable than it does outside right now but we are still coming. May be closer to 6:30 but are planning on hanging out as long as you all will let us. See you later this evening!

Marty- if it's pouring down rain when we get there, do you mind tying the boat up for me? :D

I'm going to try to reserve an indoor table for us.

Jeff, my Keens don't mind the rain:D

Marty

5th Tuition 06-25-2014 09:35 PM

Great evening. Steamed crabs, raw oysters, and plenty of other food and drink; it was a nice send off for Don and Dawn. Had about 20 people show to wish them well in the Keys.
Rain held off until about 10 o'clock:D. Jeff and Margaret (staying at the marina for the night) are getting a rain and lightning show as I type:eek:

Wishing Don and Dawn a safe journey to visit relatives and head back to the Keys. Most of the winter dates for Jan., Feb., and March were selected by the attendees tonight for there stay in the Keys with Don:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have a better chance of catching rockfish with Don out of the picture, so "good riddance" to one of the better fisherman on the bay:)
5th(Marty)

Chessie27 06-25-2014 10:02 PM

Thanks for putting it together Marty!!! Put some names to some faces tonight, nice to meet you all. D&D- Good luck in the Keys!!!! Apparently the fireworks we ordered for you are late getting here. Everybody left and it is quite the light show here in the slip! 😳. Til next time!

B-Faithful 06-26-2014 11:48 AM

Don always has a spot on my boat to fish!

Hunter 06-26-2014 09:57 PM

It was good getting together with you guys. Thanks to Marty for putting it together. Dawn and I had a nice evening with everyone. I do plan to be back in the maryland area off and on and will stay in touch with you. Things are still a little hectic right now with trying to get our home here in Maryland sold and working on our new home in the Keys. Hope things settle down soon and those nasty hurricanes continue to skirt on by the Keys. Every year is different though:(

Hope some of those smaller spot start showing up in the bay soon....Don

Rivercat09 06-27-2014 07:56 AM

I wish I would have seen this post earlier. Would have been tough, but I would have talked to Kate about doing our "Wednesday date night" at Mike's.

Don, you're a great guy and a really good fisherman. I look fondly on the handful of times that I had to fish with you. I wish you all the success in the Keys, and may the hurricanes all steer clear of you.

Tight Lines,

Don