CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource

CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource (http://www.cbangler.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Reports (http://www.cbangler.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   just one 40" prespawn female with sealice - 4/23 (http://www.cbangler.com/showthread.php?t=2869)

Rockin' Robin 04-24-2015 06:07 AM

just one 40" prespawn female with sealice - 4/23

Lines started going in the water at 6:30am in 37' of water heading south looking for the Deale fleet. 3 lines in the water and as I start putting out the 4th, I notice the 1st board rod is bent over and line is out the back of the boat... fish on! White Bloody Point Tandem 3/8oz back 80 feet brought in a 40" prespawn female covered with sealice! As I finished putting out the spread, the screen was covered with fish marks and I was thinking that the fish have finally arrived and it was going to be a great day. However, that was the only fish of the day! I was marking fish and lots of bait in 33-42' steadily until 9:30am when the screen went blank with strong incoming current. Then the wind came up to 20-30 by 10am and it was a rough day but good to see that the Judge and Skip's boards could handle it. Kept waiting for bite to turn on, but I never found the bait and fish again. Finally started pulling lines in at 2pm. All lures were clean, no jellies, no debris. Water temp 54-55. Saw at least 20 charters out in the morning, but they seemed to be in search mode, and I only saw 2 fish caught. With all the marks and bait I saw, Saturday has got to be a good day!

5th Tuition 04-24-2015 07:08 AM

I'll be out in Allen's boat Saturday. Out of SP. For some reason, he wants to leave at 6:30 in broad daylight:D

Mike; if you make the run; look for a 22ft Proline Express with a black Verado motor. I'll have my phone.

I should have mine back in the water next week:)
5th

bhl 04-24-2015 07:33 AM

Nice to know the jellies were not a problem. I'll be out Sat and Sun. somewhere out front of Deal or south.

Shore Thing 04-24-2015 10:11 AM

I will be fishing Saturday also. At this point going to start near CR bouy.

Rockin' Robin 04-24-2015 11:05 AM

Marty, by the time you hit the water we should have full spread deployed with my 2 boys putting out lines and a Robin at the helm! Give me a call when you get out and I will let you know how it looks.

Gypsy Danger 04-24-2015 12:11 PM

Damn you all...cooking BBQ tonight and tomorrow morning then getting on the boat to head to the point with my wife for her Birthday. Then Sunday I have a BBQ gig so the only fishing I might get in is on Sunday afternoon...Have fun fellas!

Tawn 04-25-2015 02:50 AM

4 Attachment(s)
We fished a little south of Deale yesterday. Not a touch until about 1130 and then we found a knot of fish. 9 fish from 35-41 in less than an hour and then it died. 6 of the 9 fell within the slot and went back.

Cold, windy, rough day.

Will be back out again from 6am until dark today and Sunday.

5th Tuition 04-25-2015 03:30 AM

Green umbrellas:eek:
Are you trying to get thrown out of Deale:D

Good job on finding a "knot" of fish and staying with them.

At least the weather looks better today (Sat).

Best of luck.
5th